• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi nice to once again register to this great forum. Once a winner of DV 2014 but had a very high CN. I have once again played for DV 2016 and pray and hope this time around i am going to be favoured with a smaller CN.
Greetings to all. Fingers crossed come 5th May.

welcome to all whouldbe 2016 winners, i an a derivative to a 2015 winner but also made an application on the 2016 dv. I an from the West African state of LIBERIA.

hi y'all back again ! I was among those with high CN number DV2014 AF87xxx , rendez-vous on May and let's see how it will be this time

I'm from Namibia.
I feel really stupid having only recently heard about the DV lottery despite being a Big Time world traveler and having visited the U.S. 3 times. Crazy

I'm from Namibia.
I feel really stupid having only recently heard about the DV lottery despite being a Big Time world traveler and having visited the U.S. 3 times. Crazy

Do you mind if I ask how it comes to be that if you are from Namibia, you are a refugee in Kenya?

That post was mistakenly sent under my username by a friend of mine who was browsing the forum on the same computer. I am from Central African Republic.

That post was mistakenly sent under my username by a friend of mine who was browsing the forum on the same computer. I am from Central African Republic.

And yet your profile says Namibia (I bet that changes soon after I post this, but I took a screenshot of it already).
Sorry, your stories don't add up.

Hmmn, I suppose your 'friend' who happens to be a refugee in Kenya also made all these other posts regarding political asylum?

Any estimate of the current backlog at the asylum office in Chicago??

@bigbonustoday: how long did it take between filing your I-589 and your interview? When did you file your application?

Does it depend on the clarity of a case? Has the backlog gotten worse since last summer because of the surge of unaccompanied minors at the Southern border?

It seems unusual to me that a "Namibian refugee" in Kenya seem highly aware of the US political asylum process and the issues beleaguering it or are those posts made by the "Big Time world traveler"who has "visited the U.S. 3 times" but only recently found out about the DV lottery?

Like Susie noted, your story isn't adding up

Hi, it's my 1st attempt at the DV lottery, and I discovered this forum recently. It's been quite informative (+personal research online). Though the logical part of me does not believe in lotteries of any kind(I find the chances of success to be too low), I decided to give it a try and see how it goes.

Hi, it's my 1st attempt at the DV lottery, and I discovered this forum recently. It's been quite informative (+personal research online). Though the logical part of me does not believe in lotteries of any kind(I find the chances of success to be too low), I decided to give it a try and see how it goes.

It was 100% successful for about 52000 people last year....

That's a very encouraging argument. Yes, I think it was definitely high time I tried it, I overlooked it for too long (I have to admit I really didn't know the program and never knew it was serious and not a scam as advertised on the web), I am learning more and more about it and the fact that it's free makes it worth trying.
I thought the limit was 50,000/year, has the limit changed recently?

That's a very encouraging argument. Yes, I think it was definitely high time I tried it, I overlooked it for too long (I have to admit I really didn't know the program and never knew it was serious and not a scam as advertised on the web), I am learning more and more about it and the fact that it's free makes it worth trying.
I thought the limit was 50,000/year, has the limit changed recently?

The limit was set by law at 55000. However, 5000 of those are "theoretically" taken by a program called NACARA. However NACARA is not using anything like the 5000 and it seems DV is allowed to dip into those 5000 if it needs to (which it has several times in the last few years).

Ok. It's the 1st time that I trust luck this much (I've always been a control freak), I guess there's a 1st time for anything...

Ok. It's the 1st time that I trust luck this much (I've always been a control freak), I guess there's a 1st time for anything...
You've got to be in it to win it as they say...by entering you help make your own luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.