• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!
Mihai from Romania, first time applying this year for me and my wife, i can't wait for 5 may to see the results. Good luck to you all!!!
Hey Mihai/Salut Mihai!

Welcome around! And best of luck!
Were are you from (in Romania)? Still living there?
I am Romanian too (from Bucharest) though I am living in Madrid , Spain since Dec. 2008

It's going to be weird to have a year without Qewty, you're always my 2nd hope for a winner after I've found out I haven't got it
I will still loiter on the forums, I need to see how everyone is doing and post up some optimism along the way! Don't worry, I will be back entering in DV 2017! :)

Q

Hi AlinDragos! Salut AlinDragos!
I still live in Romania, Constanta County, near Navodari, Corbu.
Hopefully is out time to take the visa and leave for USA.
PM for any request.

Hallo Every One I am from Ethiopia. Since the application for DV 2016 is about to end, my fiance reminded me to apply for the DV lottery. The thing is we are about to be married in January 2015. The date is already set and everything is booked. Now we both were confused what to chose when applying, either "Single" or "Married" since our marriage ceremony left only two months. I heard that if a winner filled as "Single" during application and get married after application, the US embassy take it as fraud and may disqualify both persons. Second even if the marriage was genuine like in the case of me and my fiance, one of us who might get the DV has will go to US, get the Citizenship after 5 years in order to take the other person. So I need help or precise information from anyone in this site with regard to such situation. Thanks a lot!

Hallo Every One I am from Ethiopia. Since the application for DV 2016 is about to end, my fiance reminded me to apply for the DV lottery. The thing is we are about to be married in January 2015. The date is already set and everything is booked. Now we both were confused what to chose when applying, either "Single" or "Married" since our marriage ceremony left only two months. I heard that if a winner filled as "Single" during application and get married after application, the US embassy take it as fraud and may disqualify both persons. Second even if the marriage was genuine like in the case of me and my fiance, one of us who might get the DV has will go to US, get the Citizenship after 5 years in order to take the other person. So I need help or precise information from anyone in this site with regard to such situation. Thanks a lot!

I can be VERY precise. If you enter now as married you will be disqualified since you are not married. There is NO doubt about that. None. Enter as single, and marry later - really that is no problem since you are marrying before the results are announced. It would be like being suspicious that someone married you for your money simply because you bought a lottery ticket yesterday.

If you want more info on marriage during the DV process you can read this:-

http://britsimonsays.com/marital-status-getting-married-dv-lottery-process/

I can be VERY precise. If you enter now as married you will be disqualified since you are not married. There is NO doubt about that. None. Enter as single, and marry later - really that is no problem since you are marrying before the results are announced. It would be like being suspicious that someone married you for your money simply because you bought a lottery ticket yesterday.

If you want more info on marriage during the DV process you can read this:-

http://britsimonsays.com/marital-status-getting-married-dv-lottery-process/
@Britsimon, Thank You so much for the information your posted. It is really helpful. And I wish you Good Luck in your application too! Cheers!

Britsimon has already given you the correct info but I just wanted to add that even if for some reason a spouse did not get a DV, someone can file for a spouse as soon as they become a permanent resident - you do not have to wait for citizenship. Permanent residents can file for spouses and children under 21, but do have to wait to be citizens before they can file for adult children, siblings, and parents.

Also to add that even if you were to get married after selection, as long as you can prove the marriage is genuine you will be fine and both get DVs.

It doesn't matter what you wrote so much as what you have. Do you have a normal high school diploma or do you oniy have vocational?

Hi AlinDragos! Salut AlinDragos!
I still live in Romania, Constanta County, near Navodari, Corbu.
Hopefully is out time to take the visa and leave for USA.
PM for any request.

:) Glad to welcome you around then! Same here,PM if you need something and I will do my best to reply ASAP.
And this is for any of you outhere: I am here and I will try to be a good sport and answer to everyone

how do i change my name on this website I've checked the settings but saw nothing or deleting my account

You can't change your registered name, however an administrator can delete your account including all your previous posts under that account. Let me know if you want me to do that - take note though should you decide to register again, you cannot use the email account associated with this current profile.

the application of DV2016 will soon end. well, it will be a long time to wait for the result. Right now just got nothing to do but wait *SIGH*

Finished my application right now. It´s my third try. I hope this is my lucky year. Crossfingers :D

Hello everyone! My name is Aj, 24 and its 3rd year applying for me! Currently living in Tennessee on a temp visa, hoping to make it permanent! Good luck to all. I get so excited after reading success stories (have just spent the past 30 minutes reading successful DV blogs). :)

Is anyone else getting this error when attempting to register? Thanks

"Unable to Display Page

System Error Occurred

Applicant Entry System is currently experiencing technical difficulties. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please check back later."

Is anyone else getting this error when attempting to register? Thanks

"Unable to Display Page

System Error Occurred

Applicant Entry System is currently experiencing technical difficulties. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please check back later."
Yes I do too... : (

The system is obviously overwhelmed with people who like to leave things to the last minute....
Or people who just recently found out about DV 2016 and realized that registration ends tomorrow...

BTW, I got it to work by just trying again.

Status
Not open for further replies.