• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to you all. I am not applying this year (seems so odd after applying for so many) but should the lottery be on again in 2017 I will be back!

Q

Whilst always being conscious of the randomness and likelihood of being selected, being selected next year in DV2016 would be the worst of times if it did finally happen. Waiting out a year means should we be selected a year later or beyond, I would enter the US with a minimum of a degree (I plan for a PhD also), and I have just been invited to engage in research honours. Also, hubby can take care of some surgery in the next 12 months, a much better option under our health care system here. Both of these things, if attended to post move to the US would be problematic, and I would lose years of study. Looking at the transferability of my degree to the States, that is messy. It will be worth the anxiety I am feeling by not putting my application in. I have to say, it is so hard NOT to apply, but my common sense has come into play for this year. But just this year :)

Whilst always being conscious of the randomness and likelihood of being selected, being selected next year in DV2016 would be the worst of times if it did finally happen. Waiting out a year means should we be selected a year later or beyond, I would enter the US with a minimum of a degree (I plan for a PhD also), and I have just been invited to engage in research honours. Also, hubby can take care of some surgery in the next 12 months, a much better option under our health care system here. Both of these things, if attended to post move to the US would be problematic, and I would lose years of study. Looking at the transferability of my degree to the States, that is messy. It will be worth the anxiety I am feeling by not putting my application in. I have to say, it is so hard NOT to apply, but my common sense has come into play for this year. But just this year :)

Ahhh - very sensible and thought through.

Hey friends!
As past 2 years, I've registered my application for DV. Maybe 3rd time will be a lucky charm for us (me and my one)
As many already know, I am Romanian living in Madrid, Spain (btw we are enjoying some lucky 25 Celsius these days which is pretty hot even for Madrid at the end of Oct.)
Anyway, best of luck to all of you and see you all around (sorry for not being here so much like in the past but I´ll try to reply to every message as soon as possible)
Q , best of luck with your studies and fast recovery for your hubby after the surgery! As always, hope to meet you two on US soil someday!

Hey friends!
As past 2 years, I've registered my application for DV. Maybe 3rd time will be a lucky charm for us (me and my one)
As many already know, I am Romanian living in Madrid, Spain (btw we are enjoying some lucky 25 Celsius these days which is pretty hot even for Madrid at the end of Oct.)
Anyway, best of luck to all of you and see you all around (sorry for not being here so much like in the past but I´ll try to reply to every message as soon as possible)
Q , best of luck with your studies and fast recovery for your hubby after the surgery! As always, hope to meet you two on US soil someday!

@alindragos Hii,

That's the spirit ! God willing your luck shall strike.

BTW did you recheck after May 19th to see maybe you were selected. There was a system issue I believe, and it was published on the site that DV applicants should recheck their status.

Best of luck to you too. :)

It's going to be weird to have a year without Qewty, you're always my 2nd hope for a winner after I've found out I haven't got it

@alindragos Hii,

That's the spirit ! God willing your luck shall strike.

BTW did you recheck after May 19th to see maybe you were selected. There was a system issue I believe, and it was published on the site that DV applicants should recheck their status.

Best of luck to you too. :)

Hey!
Yes, I've rechecked on May 29th and some 2 other times on August and September :)))
I am confident that, with DV or without, we can fulfill our American dreams :) (it will be better to start with winning the GC with this DV program of course)

Hi All
This is Mo from Pune India. Born in Kuwait. Finally applied this year all this while I dint apply thinking that I am not eligible since I have an Indian passport little did i know that I wasted 9 years from the time I turned 18 that I could apply on the basis of the country that I was born. Keeping my fingers crossed hope I get through in the first go wish me luck and to you guys as well who all are applying

Hi All
This is Mo from Pune India. Born in Kuwait. Finally applied this year all this while I dint apply thinking that I am not eligible since I have an Indian passport little did i know that I wasted 9 years from the time I turned 18 that I could apply on the basis of the country that I was born. Keeping my fingers crossed hope I get through in the first go wish me luck and to you guys as well who all are applying
Hi Mo, Glad that you came to know about DV in 9yrs.....I wasted more than 12 yrs until I realised this year....so finally filled the DV 2016......btw i live in Delhi and have an indian passport --- eligible on chargeability of my wife's place of birth ....... so be in touch !!!!

Hi Mo, Glad that you came to know about DV in 9yrs.....I wasted more than 12 yrs until I realised this year....so finally filled the DV 2016......btw i live in Delhi and have an indian passport --- eligible on chargeability of my wife's place of birth ....... so be in touch !!!!
Hey us_2016 nice to see someone from India here i guess we are only a few on this forum for the DV lottery sure will definitely keep in touch btw from which country are you applying for eligibility

Status
Not open for further replies.