• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Hi all. I need some help: We are scheduled for a visa appointment for 30 August. My worries are about our financial records. What do we really need to take with? We don't own any property anymore and have no stocks and bonds. We will be selling our car and have my husbands pension when we leave. Do we need to have my father in-law(a US citizen) file a I-134 petition? He is a very private man and would not want us to sit with copies of his tax returns or proof of income.

Hi all. I need some help: We are scheduled for a visa appointment for 30 August. My worries are about our financial records. What do we really need to take with? We don't own any property anymore and have no stocks and bonds. We will be selling our car and have my husbands pension when we leave. Do we need to have my father in-law(a US citizen) file a I-134 petition? He is a very private man and would not want us to sit with copies of his tax returns or proof of income.

Johannesburg usually does ask for some form of financial proof. Take what you have re your car value and husband's latest pension statement as well as bank statements of savings accounts if you have them. If it's not enough to convince them you may need to get an I134 from your father in law. Surely having his family close by is worth his disclosing his income ??? You only have a month after your interview to get the visa so it really would be advisable to have all your ducks in a row before you go rather than running around trying to get things afterwards.

I'm just doing a cross checking and I realised that when filling my eDV instead of putting "country AAAA" at where you live today, I put "country BBBBB". I am very sure it should be an oversight. I don't think the Consulate is lenient on "oversights". And especially in my case. Please advice. Thanks. I'm grateful.

I'm just doing a cross checking and I realised that when filling my eDV instead of putting "country AAAA" at where you live today, I put "country BBBBB". I am very sure it should be an oversight. I don't think the Consulate is lenient on "oversights". And especially in my case. Please advice. Thanks. I'm grateful.

OK - thanks for posting to the forum. Now I will answer where the answer will benefit more people...

So - the question is in what field did you put country AAAA. Was it the country of chargeability? If so, and because the two countries are in different regions, that would be the end of your DV chances. One way to confirm that is your case number - do you have a 2017AF number or 2017EU?

My number is AFXXXXX which is confirmed in my passport and BC as an African.

For the eDV, the important thing is to make sure you're charged to your country of birth in this case. So, if your country of birth is 'BBBB' (in Africa) and your chargeability is to that country hence the AFxxxx CN, you should be fine.

My number is AFXXXXX which is confirmed in my passport and BC as an African.

You need to ensure though that KCC has the right info for country you live today (I presume they do, on your DS260) so that your interview is in the right place though!

hi everybody!

interview passed on 10th may 2o16 medical exam on 4 June now i am waiting for my visa 84 days passed i am still on administrative processing, i am experiencing a stressful situation i don't know what are they doing?

is there anybody who received their visa after 90 days?

hi everybody!

interview passed on 10th may 2o16 medical exam on 4 June now i am waiting for my visa 84 days passed i am still on administrative processing, i am experiencing a stressful situation i don't know what are they doing?

is there anybody who received their visa after 90 days?

That is discussed on the AP thread - which you have posted on. We have had people wait 100 to 200 days, some approved, some denied. The length of time of waiting doesn't change the outcome - other than those cases that go past September 30 - which means the case cannot then be approved under ANY circumstances.

Hi every body. I have a question about the affidavits of support. Can the sponsor send it through email so that i print and bring a copy to the interview? Or does he need to send the original through DHL?

Hi every body. I have a question about the affidavits of support. Can the sponsor send it through email so that i print and bring a copy to the interview? Or does he need to send the original through DHL?

It is preferable for the affidavit to be mailed to ensure the signature on it is a 'wet' on. However, someone embassies have had no problem accepting a scanned copy in the past.

Hello mods, we attended our interview with my family on 4th August, wife and kids were issued with visas but i had to undergo further medical tests for 8 weeks and the results will be released at end of this month. The embassy retained my certificate of good conduct and copy of B.C. &PP plus photos but they didn't take my fingerprints and I didn't pay my visa fee also. Does this mean that I'll have to seek an appointment to enter the embassy again? Or they'll call me once they receive the medical results?
Many regards.

Hello mods, we attended our interview with my family on 4th August, wife and kids were issued with visas but i had to undergo further medical tests for 8 weeks and the results will be released at end of this month. The embassy retained my certificate of good conduct and copy of B.C. &PP plus photos but they didn't take my fingerprints and I didn't pay my visa fee also. Does this mean that I'll have to seek an appointment to enter the embassy again? Or they'll call me once they receive the medical results?
Many regards.
If the US Consulate has not yet taken your complete biometrics, it means that some of the mandatory security clearance processes can not be completed. This possibly may become an issue for you, not only in the sense that you will need a new appointment for this to happen and for your visa fee to be paid, but more importantly for all necessary processes to be effectively completed by September 30th, so that a final decision can by taken by the CO on your DV application. Most likely the internal IV process @ your US Consulate requires completed medical clearance for those two steps (payment & biometrics) to occur. Which is the US Consulate handling your DV case? Best of luck to you and your family!

Last edited:
Many regards.

Hmmn, seems like the embassy feels the additional medical test may return a positive result which will require treatment that will not get completed before September 30th so they did not allow you to make the payment for yourself or get your fingerprints taken.

If the current test returns a negative result though, you will definitely need an appointment to enter the embassy. You will have to follow up with them once the result of your medical comes out.

Is there anyone who had his interview in natirobi to help me about the registration of the appointment? I've been trying to register my appointment since last week as requested,but still the system is saying that an appointment is not ready for my case number. It's now a week to my appointment and still have not succeeded to register it. Can somebody advice me on how to proceed?
I don't also understand why they say that an interview is not ready for my case number tough the KCC scheduled the interview for the 22.
May be I don't know how to proceed with that registration stuff?

Is there anyone who had his interview in natirobi to help me about the registration of the appointment? I've been trying to register my appointment since last week as requested,but still the system is saying that an appointment is not ready for my case number. It's now a week to my appointment and still have not succeeded to register it. Can somebody advice me on how to proceed?
I don't also understand why they say that an interview is not ready for my case number tough the KCC scheduled the interview for the 22.
May be I don't know how to proceed with that registration stuff?

The system to register covers other sorts of cases where the appointment must be made. For your case you do not need an appointment, you just have to register an account for the courier service. So - choose a different type of visa classification or choose any appointment date - whatever you need to do to register the account (making sure your DV case number is on the account). The appointment is on the 22.

Hi Britsimon. I am somehow deaperate this evening. I and family had to travel to Nairobi for our medical apointment and Interview. we applied for a visa to enter Kenya and they said that the process can take weeks.... we explained the emergency and they said that may be they can issue them by wednesday. Our medical is supposed to be tomorrow tuesday morning. They totally refused to simplify the process for us to attend on time our various appointments. I wrote to IOM to reschedule the medical appointment for thursday,but up to now, still no reply from them either. It's quite devastating ,couldn't imagine that it would be that hard to get a visa just for few days in Kenya. They don't mind about the possibility of loosing this life opportunity. I don't know what to think,nor to do. I dont know if IOM will accept the postpone of our medical and hope that we can attend the embassy interview by monday as planned...
Can't believe that this is happening to me at this particular time.