• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

I would tend to read the "shall" as an instruction too (as opposed to, say, "can" or "might" etc); however... that is always subject to KCC messing up, as has happened in the past. So I'd go with they will try to do it but that's no guarantee it actually happens.

To clarify - what is in italics is the important bit.

It would be more accurate to say the law "allows" not "requires" (which implies they must use these visas).

The point I am making is not about how the availability of visas is treated, it is about the effect of that, which is not "binding" in any way.

Just a footnote.
I don't know what leeway embassies and KCC have regarding "rejecting" visa slots but as far as I know both have no saying re the cut-offs set by the Visa Office. KCC simply reports "documentarily qualified" cases and embassies report unused visa numbers – but they are maybe allowed to complain about work overload.

Just a footnote.
I don't know what leeway embassies and KCC have regarding "rejecting" visa slots but as far as I know both have no saying re the cut-offs set by the Visa Office. KCC simply reports "documentarily qualified" cases and embassies report unused visa numbers – but they are maybe allowed to complain about work overload.

The embassies can (and have, in the past) pushed back on workload. KCC have tried in the past to overload embassies, embassies then bump appointments to following months and that causes the following month VB to be reduced . I have observed exactly that scenario before. This month is interesting - I have been contacted by a number of people who have not been scheduled for interview despite being current and having submitted DS260s early enough. KCC are telling them to check again in June. This is clear indication that KCC have hit a wall (at least in some embassies) for capacity - so it seems they moved the VB number too high for July interviews.

The embassies can (and have, in the past) pushed back on workload. KCC have tried in the past to overload embassies, embassies then bump appointments to following months and that causes the following month VB to be reduced . I have observed exactly that scenario before. This month is interesting - I have been contacted by a number of people who have not been scheduled for interview despite being current and having submitted DS260s early enough. KCC are telling them to check again in June. This is clear indication that KCC have hit a wall (at least in some embassies) for capacity - so it seems they moved the VB number too high for July interviews.

Out of interest, which embassies currently seem to be doing this (that you are aware of)?

I wonder what the protocol re pushing back on DV vs other IV interviews is, given the time sensitivity of DV and that they are pretty small in the overall IV numbers (although I am sure that there must be some embassies where DV is a chunk of their IV load).

Out of interest, which embassies currently seem to be doing this (that you are aware of)?

I wonder what the protocol re pushing back on DV vs other IV interviews is, given the time sensitivity of DV and that they are pretty small in the overall IV numbers (although I am sure that there must be some embassies where DV is a chunk of their IV load).

I'm checking which embassies.

@Britsimon I can see from your forum that one of the embassy is that of Khartoum Sudan... might it be because it's starting its operations this FY ? Can the fasting month of Ramadan slow down some interviews especially in AF region? BTW am from Kenya with a very high CN.
Thanks.

@Britsimon I can see from your forum that one of the embassy is that of Khartoum Sudan... might it be because it's starting its operations this FY ? Can the fasting month of Ramadan slow down some interviews especially in AF region? BTW am from Kenya with a very high CN.
Thanks.

Yes it could be the combination of factors that you mention. However I have similar stories from at least two other embassies - one of which is Liberia. The cases were DS260 submissions in June to September of last year - so there is no good reason why they should be delayed.

Sudan and Liberia both among the countries with high numbers of selectees , so it does indeed suggest a possible capacity issue - if they try to leap the numbers for AF forward, there are probably something like 5 or 6 consulates that take the brunt of that, including these two.

Sudan and Liberia both among the countries with high numbers of selectees , so it does indeed suggest a possible capacity issue - if they try to leap the numbers for AF forward, there are probably something like 5 or 6 consulates that take the brunt of that, including these two.

Yep.

Yes it could be the combination of factors that you mention. However I have similar stories from at least two other embassies - one of which is Liberia. The cases were DS260 submissions in June to September of last year - so there is no good reason why they should be delayed.
Will this have an impact on the upcoming visa bulletin for A. F? We were expecting to see a huge leap similar to the last month's visa bulletin, then on the last visa bulletin we see current. o_O

Will this have an impact on the upcoming visa bulletin for A. F? We were expecting to see a huge leap similar to the last month's visa bulletin, then on the last visa bulletin we see current. o_O

I think it could have an impact, yes. But we will only know when we see the VB.

Confirmed delayed cases in Morocco now also.

And when people check with KCC they get one of the following responses:

1. Email: Your case is still being processed (despite it having been submitted many months earlier).
  2. Email: Your case is pending embassy review (the standard response when a case is processed, just waiting to get current)
  3. Phone: Check back in 15 days or by the 15th (standard "15 something" responses when the operator wants to get rid of the person on the phone).

I am a vinner of dv 2008, we are living in US now. You might have seen my name in this forum. I helped winners here and in other forums thanks to my previous job in a foreign service .

The reason i am writing here after almost 10 years to bring your and your friends' attention thiefs named usafis. Friend of mine won dv 2016, their case number is eu7xxx. Usafis called them last year in may and informed that they have won. Usafis convinced them to go forward to send application forms to KCC. My friends agreed and paid 1300 euro to usafis.

After payment and sending the filled forms to usafis my friends were informed that their documents delivered to KCC. Almost 1 year passed, my friends didnt receive interview date. Today when i personally called KCC on behalf of them i learned usafis didnt submit the forms online. I logged in account on dos using case number i realy have seen ds 230 forms were not filled and not submitted online. KCC asked us to submit the forms asap and we did so. What a sad story ! their case number is good that they would be scheduled before new year. Now they have 4 months left. I hope they will receive interview date before September.

I encouraged my friends to sue usafis and demand compensation, i will find a lawyer for them soon. Regards,

I am a vinner of dv 2008, we are living in US now. You might have seen my name in this forum. I helped winners here and in other forums thanks to my previous job in a foreign service .

The reason i am writing here after almost 10 years to bring your and your friends' attention thiefs named usafis. Friend of mine won dv 2016, their case number is eu7xxx. Usafis called them last year in may and informed that they have won. Usafis convinced them to go forward to send application forms to KCC. My friends agreed and paid 1300 euro to usafis.

After payment and sending the filled forms to usafis my friends were informed that their documents delivered to KCC. Almost 1 year passed, my friends didnt receive interview date. Today when i personally called KCC on behalf of them i learned usafis didnt submit the forms online. I logged in account on dos using case number i realy have seen ds 230 forms were not filled and not submitted online. KCC asked us to submit the forms asap and we did so. What a sad story ! their case number is good that they would be scheduled before new year. Now they have 4 months left. I hope they will receive interview date before September.

I encouraged my friends to sue usafis and demand compensation, i will find a lawyer for them soon. Regards,

You mention the DS230, but I'm sure you know DV now uses the DS260 - right?

If they filed the DS260 already there should be enough time to process the forms and schedule an interview.

Sorry, yes you are right, we submitted ds 260. Ds 230 was our forms . It seems kcc got faster than before.

I hope they will be interviewed.

Me and my family recently got dv visa and I am the primary applicant. I am planing to go US first and call my family later on(after few months). So is it possible to do like this or all the member should enter US at once?
Thanks in advance for the answer.