• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Hi:
i am a DV2016 winner cse number 2016AF00001xxx i passed my interview first week of October 2015 all passed fine
consular give me a paper for instruction to get my passport from ARAMEX after 7 days from interview after many calls to
ARAMEX no news about my passport. after 15 days after interviews i sent email to consulate asking about my case
that was their answer :
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail inquiry. The case is still under an administrative review. Most administrative processing
is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview, but the timing can vary based on the individual circumstances of each case.
The Department of State is continuously working to improve processing and expedite visas and we appreciate your patience.

You will be notified once the administrative review is done.

Kind Regards,

today is 30 days of waiting i met someone who passed interview after me same day have same problem
many people who passed interview after my date got their passport in 7 days Any suggestion?

Once you're placed on AP, there's nothing else you can do but wait patiently for it to resolve. Just like the email response you got stated, the time it takes to resolve an AP case varies from individual to individual - there's no definite time as to when your AP may be resolved, but they always try to resolve most DV based AP cases before the end of the applicable year.

I entered the US this week. How do i get my social security number? Do i have to apply or should i just wait for it in the mail? In the DS260 I indicated that I wanted it processed.
Your response will be much appreciated.

You may want to wait another week for the SSN to show up, following which you should definitely visit your nearest SSA office to put in an application if it doesn't shown up by then.

Hi:
i am a DV2016 winner cse number 2016AF00001xxx i passed my interview first week of October 2015 all passed fine
consular give me a paper for instruction to get my passport from ARAMEX after 7 days from interview after many calls to
ARAMEX no news about my passport. after 15 days after interviews i sent email to consulate asking about my case
that was their answer :
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail inquiry. The case is still under an administrative review. Most administrative processing
is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview, but the timing can vary based on the individual circumstances of each case.
The Department of State is continuously working to improve processing and expedite visas and we appreciate your patience.

You will be notified once the administrative review is done.

Kind Regards,

today is 30 days of waiting i met someone who passed interview after me same day have same problem
many people who passed interview after my date got their passport in 7 days Any suggestion?

Once you're placed on AP, there's nothing else you can do but wait patiently for it to resolve. Just like the email response you got stated, the time it takes to resolve an AP case varies from individual to individual - there's no definite time as to when your AP may be resolved, but they always try to resolve most DV based AP cases before the end of the applicable year.

But if he was told that he passes, with no mention of AP - might this not be an administrative glitch (especially if someone else from the same day is also in the same boat). Is he not able to call someone to follow up why he's in AP?

But if he was told that he passes, with no mention of AP - might this not be an administrative glitch (especially if someone else from the same day is also in the same boat). Is he not able to call someone to follow up why he's in AP?

No. He must simply wait. Different cases take different time.

Nope, not a system glitch and not quite unusual. Additional background check takes place following finger prints capture at the time of the interview. The result of this check is often unknown by the end of the interview, so if that check comes up with a hit after the interview, that's automatic AP regardless of the fact that an approval notice was handed out. That notice, by the way is simply a tentative approval, no guarantee until the actual visa is issued and an applicant/petitioner gets back their passport with the visa in it.

It's not that unusual for this to happen.

One just has to wait it out in such a situation. Of course, the OP may look for the embassy's phone number and try give them a call, I doubt he will be any more clearer than he is. The embassy isn't obligated to provide additional information as to why a petitioner is on AP, and they typically don't except to say yeah, you're on AP, so wait for the AP to clear. We will contact you when you clear AP.

DV 2016 winner from Kenya has been married under customary law for the last 10 years. During entry used her dad's surname as that was in her Passport. They later this year married at the Ag's. When filling DS 260 she put in her husband's surname since she had changed her names on the passport. Will they be put on AP? She will be current in Jan 2016

Hi All, Great forum. We just completed our Ds-260, AF 26XXX. Appreciate thoughts on my questions:
1. Are we late on the DS-260 - only submitted in Nov 2015
2. What's the chance of AF26XXX getting a visa - it seems far down the pack to me

Were based in Australia

Hi All, Great forum. We just completed our Ds-260, AF 26XXX. Appreciate thoughts on my questions:
1. Are we late on the DS-260 - only submitted in Nov 2015
2. What's the chance of AF26XXX getting a visa - it seems far down the pack to me

Were based in Australia

1. You are late but not TOO late.
2. No issue. AF numbers go to about 56XXX

Hi everybody
I wrote yesterday to KCC asking about my interview date. I submitted DS on may 21, resubmitted july 30 (CN EU112xx). I'm current since october visa bulletin...
Guess the KCC answer?! "Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing."
What's happening. Waiting, but since when??? I can't understand...

Dear experts, finally just got this:

"You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at http: //www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing."

Need help to locate the updates, I have logged in, accessed my wife and I's DS 260 completed and long submitted forms but still don't see a thing. Ain't as easy as checking my inbox in my email ID.

Again here is our case number 2016AF00006xxx

Where can I find the mentioned updates?

How do I better proceed "to complete further processing".

Dear experts, finally just got this:

"You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at http: //www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing."

Need help to locate the updates, I have logged in, accessed my wife and I's DS 260 completed and long submitted forms but still don't see a thing. Ain't as easy as checking my inbox in my email ID.

Again here is our case number 2016AF00006xxx

Where can I find the mentioned updates?

How do I better proceed "to complete further processing".

Try clicking the link. That takes you to the ESC site which is where you saw your 1NL NOT where you look at your DS260.

Hi everybody .first of all sorry for my bad engilish . im from iran but now im living in turkey and im refugee here . i won the lottery but now i have got a problem .
In the first letter the location of interview was ankara turkey and furher in ds 260 form i selected ankara turkey for location of interview . but today i recieved the second letter and i saw the location of the interview changed to yerevan armenia . im refugee here in turkey and i can not to leave here bucause i dont have any permit to leave here . what can i do ? Its a big problem . please help me ...

Dear experts,...
Got a dv2016 comrade who's just made it to the interview and GOT TOLD to PRODUCE EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING after being issued with a yellow letter:

>whatsapp/SMS/Facebook chat history between him & the host, or
>a photo of him and the host

NB:Apparently,he has never had a conversation with the host,(always did it via the host's spouse.)
Meanwhile,it occurs to me that the host (a cousin to the applicant)had instructed him to say he is just a friend.

Any advice accorded to him is highly appreciated.For us to know the way forward.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Hi everybody .first of all sorry for my bad engilish . im from iran but now im living in turkey and im refugee here . i won the lottery but now i have got a problem .
In the first letter the location of interview was ankara turkey and furher in ds 260 form i selected ankara turkey for location of interview . but today i recieved the second letter and i saw the location of the interview changed to yerevan armenia . im refugee here in turkey and i can not to leave here bucause i dont have any permit to leave here . what can i do ? Its a big problem . please help me ...

Looks like a screw up on KCC's part, however I don't think that error can by rectified through them any more since they've sent your file onto Yerevan, Armenia, or they're in the process of doing that.

The solution to this will be to contact the Yerevan embassy, explain your situation and request for them to transfer your case file to Turkey. Once Turkey receives your case file, they will schedule your interview and provide you with a new date. This error unfortunately will further push your interview date forward.

Dear experts,...
Got a dv2016 comrade who's just made it to the interview and GOT TOLD to PRODUCE EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING after being issued with a yellow letter:

>whatsapp/SMS/Facebook chat history between him & the host, or
>a photo of him and the host

NB:Apparently,he has never had a conversation with the host,(always did it via the host's spouse.)
Meanwhile,it occurs to me that the host (a cousin to the applicant)had instructed him to say he is just a friend.

Any advice accorded to him is highly appreciated.For us to know the way forward.

Thank you in advance.

That's the problem with lying during an immigration process. If had explained precisely the relationship he has with the host and how they communicated, things might have ended differently.

Anyway, does he have records/evidence of his communications with the host's spouse? If he does, then he should forward that with a note explaining how they've always communicated.