• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

The o
Selectees, when do you plan to submit your DS-260s? I know it is way too early but I have been reading the previous year's thread with some people waiting to submit until January and then worrying and rushing to get an interview since the processing was taking around 3 months. Any advice @Britsimon?
The only people who should "rush" to submit the DS260 is people with a low number and a desire to move to the USA fast. Otherwise - take a couple of weeks... I have discussed this in my guide...

The o

The only people who should "rush" to submit the DS260 is people with a low number and a desire to move to the USA fast. Otherwise - take a couple of weeks... I have discussed this in my guide...

I have read your guide, it was very informative. Thank you!
EU20xx would be considered a low CN, right?

I know there is no rush but I'm just in the beginning process of going through the DS260 form and I have gotten to the 'permanent residence' bit and where to have your Greencard sent. I honestly have no idea what to put for it because right now I don't even know where my POE will even be in I make it through. Is anyone else having this issue or can past applicants let me know what they did?

At this point, I'm looking for anyone I know that might let me send mail to their home but most would require a separate flight to get to. I just don't know how else to go about this!

Your CN means it will probably be (wild guess) January before you are current. There is no need to rush into filling in the DS260.

Before you do, consider:-
Will you meet the requirements?
Is there any concern of declaring immigrant intent?
When do you want to move to the USA?

Just take a couple of weeks to understand it all.....

Big life decisions need a little time to reflect on it all - don't let the momentum sweep you along...

I have read your guide, it was very informative. Thank you!
EU20xx would be considered a low CN, right?

Yes it would be considered low. Almost certain to be current in October - so you are one of the people who might want to submit very soon. If I could I would somehow encourage high CN cases to delay their DS260 submission since it doesn't make sense to clog up the system with DS260s that will just sit on a shelf for a year. Yours is not one of those though.

However, does a move by end of Feb 2016 suit your life?

Your CN means it will probably be (wild guess) January before you are current. There is no need to rush into filling in the DS260.

Before you do, consider:-
Will you meet the requirements?
Is there any concern of declaring immigrant intent?
When do you want to move to the USA?

Just take a couple of weeks to understand it all.....

Big life decisions need a little time to reflect on it all - don't let the momentum sweep you along...

That's fair enough Britsimon and I totally understand what you're saying! I have every intention of taking my time. It's just for the right now I just wanted to get an idea of what I was in for.
This is the first time in my life where I've had a big decision looming on the horizon, there will be no crazy rushing on my part :)

the GN that he won this time is probably wasted now and could have gone to the others.

Hey…each one does what is best for them…at the time I thought it was best so I did what I had to do. No regrets whatsoever. In the grand scheme of things, this second win does not really make a difference. Plus, it's an extremely rare occurrence so I doubt DoS or anyone else pays it any mind.

I had a horrible night sleep tossing and turning with the stress and reality of all of this hitting me like a ten ton truck on full speed. As has already been said, a big life decision. So many questions. So much to do. Plus I don't live in the the country I applied under (we have lived in the UK for more than 11 years now) so getting things like police certificates will be a slow process. (South Africa takes its time with everything).

Our number is AF30. Any boffins on here know more or less when that would go live?

Hi everyone

what's the best way for foreigners people for delivery green card in the US between mail forwarding or usps?

i should put an address on the form ds-260

thanks

Finally, after DV2014 disaster luck is on my side. Just checked the status and i've been selected DV2016eu00018xxx.
@Britsimon i know we are all still under impressions of this saga but i need from you "thumbs up" that my number is good one.

Btw congratz to all selected and better luck next year to those who didn't make it.
How lucky you are! I was selected I was selected in 2014 but missed out due to high CN and now also not selected :(

First, there is some slight confusion I think. Your EU number will not change even if you do AOS - you just change how you interview.

First of all thank you Susie.

Yes, I'm a confused with CNs and maybe this is the right time to fix it :)

How do they assign CNs?
Is it 1 to 84,000 with the area code, or do we have at the same time "AF00001", "EU00001"...?
What about AOSxxxxx? Didn't I see an AOS number? Am I wrong?
Also about the 50,000 VISAs: does my family counts for just 1 VISA or is it 3 of the 50,000? (It's my spouse, my non-US born daughter and me)

Gio

First of all thank you Susie.

Yes, I'm a confused with CNs and maybe this is the right time to fix it :)

How do they assign CNs?
Is it 1 to 84,000 with the area code, or do we have at the same time "AF00001", "EU00001"...?
What about AOSxxxxx? Didn't I see an AOS number? Am I wrong?
Also about the 50,000 VISAs: does my family counts for just 1 VISA or is it 3 of the 50,000? (It's my spouse, my non-US born daughter and me)

Gio

britsimonsays blog answers all your questions and more ;)

Hi everyone
what's the best way for foreigners people for delivery green card in the US between mail forwarding or usps?
i should put an address on the form ds-260
thanks

i mean the best mail forwarding to send green card? tips advice???

someone could help me to use the website usps.com to the green card to get an address and to send it?

You cannot use a mail forwarding address for the GC delivery. You will need to use the address of friends or family members who can receive the card on your behalf and directly send/forward it to you if that's your plan.

If DV4ROGER is still floating around here, I'd be interested to hear his estimates for visa quotas for 2016. Or even better, to know what method he used to crunch the numbers myself for the benefit if the reading public :)