• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2016 RESULTS 91,563 winners

am sorry to ask can any body explain what "holes" mean here cos I have been seeing people using it and I get confused

The case numbers are not all consecutive/valid, this is mainly due to people being disqualified after drawing (eg for duplicate entry) so never informed of selection. The case numbers are assigned before this disqualification happens. So for example entry 1 and 2 are fine, 3 is disqualified .... There is then just no case number 3. 3 is then a "hole". So 27000 case numbers does not represent 27000 cases.

The case numbers are not all consecutive/valid, this is mainly due to people being disqualified after drawing (eg for duplicate entry) so never informed of selection. The case numbers are assigned before this disqualification happens. So for example entry 1 and 2 are fine, 3 is disqualified .... There is then just no case number 3. 3 is then a "hole". So 27000 case numbers does not represent 27000 cases.
numbers that are selected are not duplicates. Am I right ?

OK so maddam sussie u mean with holes you can find like number 15 being a hole and it doesn't exit yet its counted as number but not a case number?

They can be for different regions. You can have AF1 and EU1 for example.
I understand thank you. Do you think the number 22xxx is not becoming current. I am bit concerned because the very small number in Europe. I think we are at risk this year.

It is not confusing. in all regions, for example numbers starting with one. if I have the number 22 in the EU, someone else in AF, OC, AS can have number 22
OK now am getting you. so does this imply that u can find certain numbers being in a pool let's say finding numbers like from 2100-2600 so is it possible finding all numbers in between those figures being holes as in being fake

I understand thank you. Do you think the number 22xxx is not becoming current. I am bit concerned because the very small number in Europe. I think we are at risk this year.

You put two and two together and came up with 5.

EU is fine - having a smaller number of selectees will mean that EU will go current.

OC is in the same situation. AF and AS are not - both those regions will have cutoffs.

I am a DV 2016 Winer. i was born in Gabon and hold a Gabonese citizenship as well as my husband. But since we reside in Uganda,When I was entering the dv in 2014, I mentionned Uganda as country of chargeability, while neither I or my husband are born in Uganda. Upon sending the DS260, on the confirmation page it was mentionned that I am charged under Uganda and will have the interview in Nairobi. I didn't know about the law concerning the country of chargeability until I read on some forums. I would like to know :
1. If this mistake can disqualify me.
2.if there is any way to repare the mistake by sending an explanation letter to the KCC...Is it necessary?
Looking forward to read from you.

I am a DV 2016 Winer. i was born in Gabon and hold a Gabonese citizenship as well as my husband. But since we reside in Uganda,When I was entering the dv in 2014, I mentionned Uganda as country of chargeability, while neither I or my husband are born in Uganda. Upon sending the DS260, on the confirmation page it was mentionned that I am charged under Uganda and will have the interview in Nairobi. I didn't know about the law concerning the country of chargeability until I read on some forums. I would like to know :
2.if there is any way to repare the mistake by sending an explanation letter to the KCC...Is it necessary?
Looking forward to read from you.[/QUOTE)

Your country of eligibility will normally be the same as your country of birth. Your country of eligibility is not related to where you live.
In your initial application did you enter Gabon as your country of birth.
About chargeability am assuming it should be Gabon but am not 100% sure.
Britsimon might explain better about chargeability,
Wish you all the best.

Last edited:
Looking forward to read from you.

No worth sending anything to KCC.
Technically you should be ok because Uganda and Gabon are both under AF region so the wrong country here has not affected your chances of being selected or when you have your interview.