• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

EDIT: Looks like the Australian AMEX website is incorrect. Going to http://www.americanexpress.com/global-card-transfers/ and selecting USA takes you to the right page, which only states "Corporate Cards, International Dollar Cards and Global Network Cards are not eligible for Card transfers in the U.S.".

So it looks like AU AMEX credit cards are OK - but I'm double checking this with AMEX US at the moment. Will update here when I have 100% clarity.

Maybe the AMEX AU website refers to global transfers to Australia and isn't correct for the USA?

btw Buttons did an AMEX global transfer last week and wrote about it on the facebook group.

So it looks like AU AMEX credit cards are OK - but I'm double checking this with AMEX US at the moment. Will update here when I have 100% clarity.

My friend transferred his credit card over without any hassle, but that was years ago. When last I called American Express, the rep seemed sure I could transfer my credit card over to the US. Though the reps and the bureaucracy are two very different beasts. The proof will come with an actual attempt.

Now the 3500 selectees were on the 2111 cases – so there is a derivative rate for the region of 1.66 people per case.

DV2016 has 1500 selectees. At the same derivative rate as DV2015 that would mean 903 cases, but if we apply the same fraud hole rate that 903 represents 91.5% of the original – so we should theoretically see a max case number of 986.

We haven't heard any case numbers above 1000 - and I think this is why....

Current is in the bag for OC in 2016, and with the low volume they would have no problem in announcing current in August.

Looks very logical. I calculated something similar back in May -- I got 988. I guess I was erring on the conservative with the pace they're going to set!

Question guys, I was going through the checklist and noticed that you should have an online account if your interview is in Sydney?? I had an old online account from before, is that still okay to use??

Maybe the AMEX AU website refers to global transfers to Australia and isn't correct for the USA?

btw Buttons did an AMEX global transfer last week and wrote about it on the facebook group.

Can you link me to the Facebook group?

Thanks for all the advice re AMEX guys. Keen to hear about whether it's transferable or not. Husband and I have just applied.

Question guys, I was going through the checklist and noticed that you should have an online account if your interview is in Sydney?? I had an old online account from before, is that still okay to use??

Yes you must create the account. Written right at the top of the email they send.

I'm paranoid so I'd create a new one. If you're not paranoid, edit your old profile and add your DV case number.

Since you are DV2016, this is what the email says:

"Before your interview
Register and create a profile via USTravelDocs.
Each applicant must create a profile via the mentioned website. All correspondence will be emailed via an applicant’s profile.
Your profile only requires your name and email address.
Your appointment will not show in your online profile
There is no option to select DV as the visa category.

Please immediately email our office to confirm if you can “attend” or if you wish to “cancel”.

You must include your name and case number when corresponding with our office."​

They say "There is no option to select DV as the visa category." I selected "K Fiance Visa" instead.

Hi All,

I have a question about the required documents.

On the list I have found, it lists, as a required document, an 'Australian Citizenship Certificate'. My question about this is twofold.
  1. If I bring my Australian passport, which lists my nationality as 'Australian Citizen', is the citizenship certificate redundant?
  2. Secondly, I am actually a naturalised Australian citizen and only qualify for the DV Lottery through my Australian born wife; but I am the primary applicant. So I would think my citizenship is irrelevant and I just need to show my wife is Australian.
So, as my nationality seems to be irrelevant, is this certificate required? Will I need to get one for my wife even though she was born in Australia? Has anyone who was born in Australia bothered to get one?

The issue is that the application process for getting a certificate is quite lengthy and whilst it will only cost about $200, I'd rather not waste that money if it is not necessary.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

Hi All,

I have a question about the required documents.

On the list I have found, it lists, as a required document, an 'Australian Citizenship Certificate'. My question about this is twofold.
  1. If I bring my Australian passport, which lists my nationality as 'Australian Citizen', is the citizenship certificate redundant?
  2. Secondly, I am actually a naturalised Australian citizen and only qualify for the DV Lottery through my Australian born wife; but I am the primary applicant. So I would think my citizenship is irrelevant and I just need to show my wife is Australian.
So, as my nationality seems to be irrelevant, is this certificate required? Will I need to get one for my wife even though she was born in Australia? Has anyone who was born in Australia bothered to get one?

The issue is that the application process for getting a certificate is quite lengthy and whilst it will only cost about $200, I'd rather not waste that money if it is not necessary.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

IMHO you 100% definitely need to bring it.

Check the Sydney Consulate specific instructions, point 5:

5) AUSTRALIAN NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE (if applicable)

Australian naturalization certificate from applicants who obtained Australian citizenship at any time after birth.

 Original and one copy.​

Yes you must create the account. Written right at the top of the email they send.

I'm paranoid so I'd create a new one. If you're not paranoid, edit your old profile and add your DV case number.

Since you are DV2016, this is what the email says:

"Before your interview
Register and create a profile via USTravelDocs.
Each applicant must create a profile via the mentioned website. All correspondence will be emailed via an applicant’s profile.
Your profile only requires your name and email address.
Your appointment will not show in your online profile
There is no option to select DV as the visa category.

Please immediately email our office to confirm if you can “attend” or if you wish to “cancel”.

You must include your name and case number when corresponding with our office."​

They say "There is no option to select DV as the visa category." I selected "K Fiance Visa" instead.
That's what I've seen too but I had my previous passport number saved on there and it's grayed out so i can't amend it. My worry is that I can't use my same email again to creat a new profile.. Ahh I think I am going to email them for answers.. Good luck with your interview soon :)

Hi all,

My number has just become current in the DV 2016 lottery for Oceania and I received an email saying I had a required update and to check the Entrant Status page. Only problem is, I keep getting an error message when I try to log in and I've been trying consistently for about 18 hours on multiple browsers.

The error message reads: The system is unable to process your request. Please try again later. ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor.

Should I wait or would the KCC be the one to contact about this? If it's about the interview, I want to make sure I start prepping. Would it be fair to assume the interview has been scheduled for October if my number is now current?

Any advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

My number has just become current in the DV 2016 lottery for Oceania and I received an email saying I had a required update and to check the Entrant Status page. Only problem is, I keep getting an error message when I try to log in and I've been trying consistently for about 18 hours on multiple browsers.

The error message reads: The system is unable to process your request. Please try again later. ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor.

Should I wait or would the KCC be the one to contact about this? If it's about the interview, I want to make sure I start prepping. Would it be fair to assume the interview has been scheduled for October if my number is now current?

Yes, some people in another thread are also getting the same error message. I would just try again later, the website is probably overloaded. :) Congrats on going current! The rest of us are looking to you and everyone else interviewing in October for a recap of the experience! :D

Hi all,

Yep. System issues. Give it a day or two - but your interview is set for October.

Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it!

OK I will start preparing everything... Getting very nervous!

I'll let you know about the process :)

Start prepping your documents and getting the checklist ready. All you're waiting on now is the date - everything else you can start.

Does anybody know what (hopefully inexpensive!) options there for converting AUD to USD while still living in Aussie? And if I also don't have a US bank account? I'm beginning to consider converting some of my money because watching the dollar drop every day is just agonizing and I have very little confidence it will go back up any time soon. I don't know if I will actually convert anything now (especially because I still haven't had an interview yet), but it would be nice to know if there are any options to do so...

My husband is OCxxxx9xx... do you think it will actually go current or is the number too high because the total number selected for the region is quite low in DV2016?