• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 KENYAN SELECTEES FORUM

so if i want my family to travel later so that i can first settle down n stuff how do i go about it? do i tell the CO about it during the interview or ? i would like them to come after 2 years since am afraid it will cost me alot to travel and settle with them given that i dont know how long i will stay without a job.

so if i want my family to travel later so that i can first settle down n stuff how do i go about it? do i tell the CO about it during the interview or ? i would like them to come after 2 years since am afraid it will cost me alot to travel and settle with them given that i dont know how long i will stay without a job.

You need to understand that bringing your family later is not an easy, quick or cheap process. In general it is better to bring them with as the cheapest fastest option. If you bring them later, the costs of the application to do so are much higher than DV fees, there can be quite a time delay, and you have to prove you are earning enough already in the US to sponsor them.

Many people work lower-paying jobs at first just to help pay the bills until they get something they'd rather do. If you are not too fussy at first it shouldn't be difficult to find work. Remember if your kids are old enough for school, public school is free.

If you are sure you don't want them to come with then don't do medicals or interview for them, but be very clear that the idea you have in your mind that you can just easily bring them after a particular time may not be what happens at all.

Hi all, Kudos for the forum, it is quite helpfull. My case no is 2016AF28*** and I will go current in early June. I have not yet received my 2nl and I was wondering whether it is a delay on their part, a mistake on my end (Submited the DS 260 in December) or they always take this long?

You need to understand that bringing your family later is not an easy, quick or cheap process. In general it is better to bring them with as the cheapest fastest option. If you bring them later, the costs of the application to do so are much higher than DV fees, there can be quite a time delay, and you have to prove you are earning enough already in the US to sponsor them.

Many people work lower-paying jobs at first just to help pay the bills until they get something they'd rather do. If you are not too fussy at first it shouldn't be difficult to find work. Remember if your kids are old enough for school, public school is free.

If you are sure you don't want them to come with then don't do medicals or interview for them, but be very clear that the idea you have in your mind that you can just easily bring them after a particular time may not be what happens at all.

Thanks Sussie i think ill have to go with them ... much appreciated

well , i too appreciate your info.... i had the same questions like monster. i guess we are worried moving along with family especially kids and the financial factors. i think as an individual you are quite flexible. Good Luck to all.

well , i too appreciate your info.... i had the same questions like monster. i guess we are worried moving along with family especially kids and the financial factors. i think as an individual you are quite flexible. Good Luck to all.
Better get it right on Sussies advise. If you chose for your family to follow, you are not assured that this will happen. Better fill up DS260 for all members of your family and attend interview together. If you all get your visas you have about 6 months to relocate. During that period, you could chose to head there first and settle down then have your family join up with you within the 6 months of visa validity.

Better get it right on Sussies advise. If you chose for your family to follow, you are not assured that this will happen. Better fill up DS260 for all members of your family and attend interview together. If you all get your visas you have about 6 months to relocate. During that period, you could chose to head there first and settle down then have your family join up with you within the 6 months of visa validity.

That's also good advice, giving him some time to settle and find a place to stay and work before they come.
Just be sure to check visa expiry dates as sometimes it's shorter than 6 months.

HI people
Brief history....I'm dv winner 2011 currently in us. Question to anyone who has been to interview recently. I know on the embassy website it lists kcse mean D-. However I'm tempted to think the actual grades required at the time of interview may be different. I applied for a relative AND they just won dv 2017. Her grades are not impressive. Please if anyone has any firsthand info help us out. I DON'T want to spend all that money and get denied. Thanks.

HI people
Brief history....I'm dv winner 2011 currently in us. Question to anyone who has been to interview recently. I know on the embassy website it lists kcse mean D-. However I'm tempted to think the actual grades required at the time of interview may be different. I applied for a relative AND they just won dv 2017. Her grades are not impressive. Please if anyone has any firsthand info help us out. I DON'T want to spend all that money and get denied. Thanks.

that website will show the academic requirements for kenya. why were u on AP? if u dont mind sharing.
i was also put on ap am a dv2016http://nairobi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas2.html

that website will show the academic requirements for kenya. why were u on AP? if u dont mind sharing.
i was also put on ap am a dv2016http://nairobi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas2.html

I was on AP back in 2011 . Reason being i had documents from different countries that needed verification

hello guys,during my initial entry I used university as my education level but in the ds260 I used only highschool.will that disqualify me?worried

hi guys, my interview is on the 8th next week and i am abit tensed, almost panicky to say the least. what sort of questions am i likely to encounter given that i am a single dad? i have also seen that i have to go with my derivative to the interview if i am to have her aquire GC status. i wouldnt want to leave her behind and have a headache down the road. thanks alot, the advice given is insightful

This was my yesterday's interview experience at Nairobi consolate section, Kenya. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Arrived at 5.20am. At 6.00am the embassy main gate was opened. We went 1st security check and only 2nl and PP was required at that point. Proceeded to the 2nd security check point. This point 2nd/PP was requested and instructed to leave all the metallic objects and phones. Proceeded to the hole after the checks and we were given a token number after giving the receptionist our 2nl. We were told to wait outside as we wait our number to be called. After 20mins our number was called at window 7.we met a kenyan lady who asked for the fillowing;
Principle applicant (me):-
1.birth cert and copy
2.marriage cert and copy
3.police clearance cert without a copy
4. KCSE and copy

1st Dependants(my wife):-
1.birth cert and copy
2.Police clearance cert

2nd Dependant(my daughter):-
1.birth cert and copy

After the lady went through our docs and got satisfied, she sent me to pay the visa fee for 3 of us which was $330 per person. After returning the payment receipts to her, she told us to wait outside and wait our number to be called again.
After about 30mins we were called to counter 9 where we found a tall white lady who requested to take our fingure prints. Then she told us to go back and sit outside to wait for our number to be called again.
In 1hr time our number was called again to counter 10. Found a black American lady who was now the CO to conduct the interview. Then it started:-
CO: Good morning
Me&wife: morning
CO: Both of you raise your right hand and swear.... brrr
Me&wife: yes, we do
CO: To me what are yours names.?
Me: brrrrrr
CO: when did you complete your high school?
CO: what was your grade?
Me: brrrr
CO: What did you do after high school?
Me: brrrrrrr
CO: what are you doing now?
CO: which state and city are going?
Me: brrr
CO: who lives there?
Me: brrr
CO: how are you related?
Me: brrrr
CO: To me & wife- is this your first marriage for both of you?
Me & wife: brrrrrrr
CO: To me & Wife- is this your only kid?
Me & wife: brrrrrrr
Congratulations your visa is approved. I will now return your originals but will remain with your PP.............brrrr. I even did hear the last part of the conversation
All the glory be to God.
congrats

hi guys, my interview is on the 8th next week and i am abit tensed, almost panicky to say the least. what sort of questions am i likely to encounter given that i am a single dad? i have also seen that i have to go with my derivative to the interview if i am to have her aquire GC status. i wouldnt want to leave her behind and have a headache down the road. thanks alot, the advice given is insightful

Are you listed on your daughter's B/C as the dad? I seem to recollect there was a problem with that, is it now resolved? Yes, you definitely have to attend the interview with her.

hi,
Yes i managed to get my name onto it and subsequently got a passport, so that was solved though at a cost. Some experiences leave you exhausted i tell you. Anyway, her medicals are tomorrow

hi,
Yes i managed to get my name onto it and subsequently got a passport, so that was solved though at a cost. Some experiences leave you exhausted i tell you. Anyway, her medicals are tomorrow

That's good. Then just be prepared to answer whatever question you're asked truthfully, it's not a matter of reviewing past DV questions or rehearsing the response. Be sure to present evidence you've been caring for the child on your own, and you have need to present proof you have full custody of her.

Hi All,

So one of the certificates that i need to go with during the interview is written Muthanje and not Muthanji . My question is should i open ds 260 and change the other names place and indicate Muthanje or should i just leave it as it is. What is the best and safest thing to do

Hi All,

So one of the certificates that i need to go with during the interview is written Muthanje and not Muthanji . My question is should i open ds 260 and change the other names place and indicate Muthanje or should i just leave it as it is. What is the best and safest thing to do

You should list that under the 'Other Names' section.