• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 I replaced my Last name with the first name

imadovitch08

I won the lottery USA but I replaced my Last name with the first name, Is it a problem? please how I will do to correct this problem ?

Yes, it's a problem and it's a potential flag for fraud.

But the only thing you can do is fill in the DS260 with the correct information and hope for the best at interview when you explain the error to the Consular Officer. I had one of my middle names missing from the original eDV (I was a derivative), but corrected it in the DS260 and wrote an email to the KCC outlining the error and how it occurred. It was not a problem at interview (the caveat to that is that I was a derivative and it wasn't a huge mistake).

I emailed them after the DS260 was submitted. Explained the situation and advised them that the DS260 was correct.

I think it also depends hugely where you interview. This kind of thing would probably be a denial in Accra.

I think it also depends hugely where you interview. This kind of thing would probably be a denial in Accra.

But then this sort of thing would be more common in Accra along with masses of forged documents... so not surprisingly, the COs have a very sensitive BS radar.

But then this sort of thing would be more common in Accra along with masses of forged documents... so not surprisingly, the COs have a very sensitive BS radar.

Absolutely...but we have no idea where the OP is from... I can think of certain other countries (in different continents) that might react the same.

I won the lottery USA but I replaced my Last name with the first name, Is it a problem? please how I will do to correct this problem ?
As rightly pointed out above, it will be a red flag. They will certainly run a check and if there is another entry with first and last name in the right order, with the photo showing the same face ... well, you know. Best of luck!

In 2014 (DV 2015) I entered the last name and first name in the good order and I put the same picture this year (DV 2016), but I have not won (not selecteted), that is a positive for me ?

In 2014 (DV 2015) I entered the last name and first name in the good order and I put the same picture this year (DV 2016), but I have not won (not selecteted), that is a positive for me ?
They will check their database vs. double entries for this DV year. If I understand your message correctly, this will therefore not cause a problem.

If things like that and nothing will happen, I think next time when I am entering my details for dv lottery I will play with my middle name and last name and photo and make like 10 entries or so.
is it possible if I do like that? or they might catch me?

because someone told me agents are doing this kind of tricks

Last edited:
If things like that and nothing will happen, I think next time when I am entering my details for dv lottery I will play with my middle name and last name and photo and make like 10 entries or so.

YES THEY WILL CATCH YOU AND YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED (IF SELECTED) if you enter more than one entry in your DV year. I emphasized the first part of my post just to make clear the consequence of such an act.

:rolleyes: I think you should make an extra effort to read and understand more thoroughly. This is n o t the conclusion you should have drawn from the above communication, quite the opposite!

They'll catch you. They use photo recognition software to pick up the same people. Even if you don't use the exact same photo it will catch it. And obviously it has to be a photo of you or you will be disqualified at interview. Even before the wrong names trip you up.

And it doesn't surprise me agents use these tricks - this explains why so many people who use agents get disqualified.

Thanks guys.. but I thought I could do that trick, and if got selected I will fill the DS260 form with the correct name and send to KCC an email.
I know many people who used agents and now they are enjoying mama America.

Thanks guys.. but I thought I could do that trick, and if got selected I will fill the DS260 form with the correct name and send to KCC an email.

Have you not read the posts about the people getting disqualified for having names in the wrong order?

The people you know presumably they used agents who did not try to pull such tricks. There is a huge disqualification rate for people using agents.

The fraud detection systems are getting improved every year, and people that try the tricks you are suggesting is why some people who made GENUINE mistakes are getting refused.