• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Ok thanks! Also, what is the meaning of the 2NL letter? I got the email from KCC, does it mean that they have sent my case to USCIS?

The meaning is exactly what the email says: KCC is aware of your intention to process AOS and would therefore not be doing anything else with your case/selection.

No, it doesn't mean KCC has sent your case to your FO, they don't know your applicable FO yet. Your FO has to request the case file from KCC before it gets sent.

I wrote a short poem to express my frustration with the wait:

I've submitted my case early, prepared everything fast
checking my status daily, waiting for time to pass
the seasons changed, so did the weather
but still no sign of an interview letter

First of all thanks for the google doc! fantastic help!
Could you please confirm that I should address the $1070 payment to the US Department of State ?

Thanks a lot

@ Sm1smom,,,Hi, I have a question base on My Birth Certificate... Do i have to fill my name as per My Birth Certificate or as per My Passport on DS-260??? There was a minor changes when compared to my Birth Certificate...There was NO MIDDLE NAME on my Birth Certificate...and i Have added MIDDLE NAME IN MY Passport.....
Appreciate your Answers......

Last edited:
I wrote a short poem to express my frustration with the wait:

I've submitted my case early, prepared everything fast
checking my status daily, waiting for time to pass
the seasons changed, so did the weather
but still no sign of an interview letter

LOL. This just made my day - my thoughts exactly...

My lawyer submitted a SR for a "missing notice", knowing the slim change of getting something out of it. Got the response last Saturday: "Your applications is pending consideration. Expect to hear back in 60 days" BS. They also submitted an inquiry to the USCIS through the AILA Liaison committee. Waiting for response.

Did you have any recent INFOPASS appts?

First of all thanks for the google doc! fantastic help!
Could you please confirm that I should address the $1070 payment to the US Department of State ?

Thanks a lot

The check/money order should be made payable to the "U.S. Department of Homeland Security". It's the $330 DV fee that should be paid to the Dept of State.

My lawyer submitted a SR for a "missing notice", knowing the slim change of getting something out of it. Got the response last Saturday: "Your applications is pending consideration. Expect to hear back in 60 days" BS. They also submitted an inquiry to the USCIS through the AILA Liaison committee. Waiting for response.

Guess your lawyer charges you by the hour? ;) Best of luck!

It still shows that there are no available appointments. I tried to check at different times of the day, like someone here suggested, but with no luck so far.

It still shows that there are no available appointments. I tried to check at different times of the day, like someone here suggested, but with no luck so far.

If I remember correctly, one guy from last year submitted his application in October and got the GC in mid-April through NYFO. Hope that's not a typical timeline for them. Kind of scary to know we may still have 2 months to go...

I have the following question:
Currently we are on the O-1 / O-3 status and don't actually have Visas, since we just recently made an AOS from J-1 / J-2 to O-1 / O-3.
So, what we currently have - is the I-797 that confirms our O-1 / O-3 status.
The question is - whether these I-797 documents will be sufficient for the DV AOS application and we don't need to go out of US and obtain the O-1 / O-3 visas?
Thanks!

Currently we are on the O-1 / O-3 status and don't actually have Visas, since we just recently made an AOS from J-1 / J-2 to O-1 / O-3.
The question is - whether these I-797 documents will be sufficient for the DV AOS application and we don't need to go out of US and obtain the O-1 / O-3 visas?
Thanks!
You will be fine with USCIS I-797, Notice of Action, confirming that your O application or petition has been approved and you previously maintained continuous legal status since entry into the US.

Last edited:
You will be fine with USCIS I-797, Notice of Action, confirming that your O application or petition has been approved and you previously maintained continuous legal status since entry into the US.
Yes, my petition was approved a few month ago and I'm already working in a company being on this O-1 status. The DV AOS applicant is my wife who has the approved O-3 status.
So, the I-797 confirming the approval is enough and there is no need to obtain the actual visas?

Yes, my petition was approved a few month ago and I'm already working in a company being on this O-1 status. The DV AOS applicant is my wife who has the approved O-3 status.
So, the I-797 confirming the approval is enough and there is no need to obtain the actual visas?
Yes, this is correct. Good luck!

Thanks!

You don't need to have the actual visa in your passport as long as you're not leaving the US - the visa stamp is basically for seeking admission into the US. The I-797 is the evidence of your current status and that's all you need.

p.s. You did not do AOS when changing from J to O status, what you did is a COS (change of status).

Do I Have to write my name as per the Passport or Birth certificate on the Documents like DS-260, AOS package,,,????

You don't need to have the actual visa in your passport as long as you're not leaving the US - the visa stamp is basically for seeking admission into the US. The I-797 is the evidence of your current status and that's all you need.

p.s. You did not do AOS when changing from J to O status, what you did is a COS (change of status).

Got it. Thank you very much for the clear explanation.