• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

They have acknowledged you are doing AOS. That means they accept you are in the States. When you file your I-485 you USA address will drive the choice of FO - so all will be well. There is a bit of a disconnect between the eDV (and how KCC handle cases) and AoS cases - but you have no need to worry.
Awesome, thanks!

Hi All,

I received my interview letter today. However, my case status has not been updated online. Is this normal? I updated the spreadsheet timeline.

Oh... We have one more applicant who had an interview today.
Can't wait for yy's interview experience!
So I am yy on the spreadsheet lol! My interview was about 3 minutes long. I did the swearing thing. Then I sat down and he asked me when my last travel date to the US was. He also asked me for my full name and since my middle name was not in my passport he cancelled it from the forms. He just went through my application with me to make sure everything was okay. He asked me Yes/No questions. He then asked if I have a letter from my school which I handed to him. He said that's all I need you will hear from us withing 30 days. That was it

Hello Mom, I have a question regarding those CP and AOS interviews:
I have read some messages online about CP interviews (not AOS); at the end of the interviews, the interviewees usually have their answers (whether they are accepted or rejected). If accepted, they leave their passports in the embassy and they receive their visas in couple of weeks. However, AOS interviews result differently. No body have said they received their answers right then, at the end of an interview. Those interviewers are also allowed to approve/reject the cases. Am I wrong? If so, can't they make decisions before we leave their offices? I think, they could tell us what is waiting for us; or whether we need to submit more paper/document/information/anything at all. Instead, we have the silence. Why? How long? Is it what it is supposed to be? I am very sorry for all of these questions; I may be worrying about things too much, but I can't help. Thanks for your help...

Hello Mom, I have a question regarding those CP and AOS interviews:
I have read some messages online about CP interviews (not AOS); at the end of the interviews, the interviewees usually have their answers (whether they are accepted or rejected). If accepted, they leave their passports in the embassy and they receive their visas in couple of weeks. However, AOS interviews result differently. No body have said they received their answers right then, at the end of an interview. Those interviewers are also allowed to approve/reject the cases. Am I wrong? If so, can't they make decisions before we leave their offices? I think, they could tell us what is waiting for us; or whether we need to submit more paper/document/information/anything at all. Instead, we have the silence. Why? How long? Is it what it is supposed to be? I am very sorry for all of these questions; I may be worrying about things too much, but I can't help. Thanks for your help...

Yes, you're worrying unnecessarily over none issues IMO. The simple answer to your question is: the AOS process is different from CP in so many ways.

The fact that one leaves a passport behind at the end of a CP interview doesn't necessarily mean they've been approved - are you saying you haven't come across narrations about those who processed CP, got told they were approved and left their passports behind only to be told when they showed up to pick up the passport with their visa that hadn't been approved? And yes, there are numerous stories of AOS candidates who got approved right after their interview also. I would focus more on AOS Threads, both past and present, to help me better prepare if I was in your shoes.

So I am yy on the spreadsheet lol! My interview was about 3 minutes long. I did the swearing thing. Then I sat down and he asked me when my last travel date to the US was. He also asked me for my full name and since my middle name was not in my passport he cancelled it from the forms. He just went through my application with me to make sure everything was okay. He asked me Yes/No questions. He then asked if I have a letter from my school which I handed to him. He said that's all I need you will hear from us withing 30 days. That was it

Congratulations!

Hello,

I have scheduled an infopass for the next month and was thinking to bring with my self all the related documents. My question is about the memos and some other information we might need to be aware in case we go there, e.g. the one telling about DV should be approved by the end of FY and ... Can you please let me know about these memo/infos we better be aware, so I can read them ahead of time and make sure that I know the details when I go there? Thanks

Yes, you're worrying unnecessarily over none issues IMO. The simple answer to your question is: the AOS process is different from CP in so many ways.

The fact that one leaves a passport behind at the end of a CP interview doesn't necessarily mean they've been approved - are you saying you haven't come across narrations about those who processed CP, got told they were approved and left their passports behind only to be told when they showed up to pick up the passport with their visa that hadn't been approved? And yes, there are numerous stories of AOS candidates who got approved right after their interview also. I would focus more on AOS Threads, both past and present, to help me better prepare if I was in your shoes.

Thank you so much for your help...

Hi Mom!

I have a question. My wife and I will have our interview next month. I am the principal applicant. My wife's English is not great, she can read well, but her speaking and listening are not very good and she needs help with these two most of the time. My attorney suggested that I take someone to interpret for her and he said the USCIS will not allow or like me to do the interpretation. Is this correct? Thanks for your continuous help!

Hi Mom!

I have a question. My wife and I will have our interview next month. I am the principal applicant. My wife's English is not great, she can read well, but her speaking and listening are not very good and she needs help with these two most of the time. My attorney suggested that I take someone to interpret for her and he said the USCIS will not allow or like me to do the interpretation. Is this correct? Thanks for your continuous help!

Your attorney is correct about the possibility of you not being allowed to interpret for her. So if you're not too confident about her listening and speaking ability, then you should seriously consider taking an interpreter along as suggested by your attorney.

Your attorney is correct about the possibility of you not being allowed to interpret for her. So if you're not too confident about her listening and speaking ability, then you should seriously consider taking an interpreter along as suggested by your attorney.
Thank you so much!

Another question is like I said earlier I currently have a OPT extention based EAD and if I apply DV based EAD will that make my OPT extension based EAD invalid? if not can I still use my OPT-EAD to work even after I receive DV EAD. In that case if I couldnt get DV case approved will I fall back on to F1 status.

Another question is my husband never received his OPT-EAD approval notice. He received his EAD card. When he inquire about it from USCIS field office they made a service request to Vermont center and they sent him a letter saying your case was approved on so and so date and they don't reprint approval notice and they didnt receive the aproval notice as undeliverable. So instead of I797 for him should I include copy of his EAD card and this letter and payment receipt.

Another question is like I said earlier I currently have a OPT extention based EAD and if I apply DV based EAD will that make my OPT extension based EAD invalid? if not can I still use my OPT-EAD to work even after I receive DV EAD. In that case if I couldnt get DV case approved will I fall back on to F1 status.

Your OPT EAD card remains valid as long as you do not use the AOS based EAD card to take up employment. Once you use the AOS based EAD card to take up an offer of employment, you do not fall back on your current F1 status should your AOS petition get denied.

Another question is my husband never received his OPT-EAD approval notice. He received his EAD card. When he inquire about it from USCIS field office they made a service request to Vermont center and they sent him a letter saying your case was approved on so and so date and they don't reprint approval notice and they didnt receive the aproval notice as undeliverable. So instead of I797 for him should I include copy of his EAD card and this letter and payment receipt.

A copy of EAD card is fine.