• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

For how long the Report of medical examination and vaccination record is valid (Form i-693)?

Form I-693 is valid for 6 months.

Edit: Well, that's technically speaking. Could be three months or less if there are medical issues.

Last edited:
Mom,

I have questions regarding child birth certificate:

1. My spouse as a principal petition, she has the certificate not in English. Can she asks her friend who is capable to translate it for her? Does it need a public notary stamp? I checked somewhere, it said that if it is for USCIS purpose, the translation can be done by someone who is capable and ask him/her to write a statement and sign it. Is this true?

2. Myself, I have a translation version of birth certificate which was done back in 2013 by a legal firm in my hometown. Will this good enough?

Thank you.

Mom,

I have questions regarding child birth certificate:

1. My spouse as a principal petition, she has the certificate not in English. Can she asks her friend who is capable to translate it for her? Does it need a public notary stamp? I checked somewhere, it said that if it is for USCIS purpose, the translation can be done by someone who is capable and ask him/her to write a statement and sign it. Is this true?

2. Myself, I have a translation version of birth certificate which was done back in 2013 by a legal firm in my hometown. Will this good enough?

Thank you.

1. Yes the friend can do the translation. No notary stamp required, the friend however has to include a signed certification attesting to his or her fluency in both English and the language in which the certificate was issued.

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

2. If it has a signed certification that you can submit with it that's fine. If there's no signed certification you should consider getting a new translation in accordance with USCIS's requirements.

@Sm1smom Mom, do we include originals with the AOS packet where applicable (like DV fee payment receipt, translations, etc.) and take copies to the interview? Or vice versa? Thank you!

@Sm1smom Mom, do we include originals with the AOS packet where applicable (like DV fee payment receipt, translations, etc.) and take copies to the interview? Or vice versa? Thank you!

For the receipt, I would include a legible copy. For translations, I would include the original and ensure I have legible copies. The important thing is to ensure whatever is being submitted is very clear and legible.

1. Yes the friend can do the translation. No notary stamp required, the friend however has to include a signed certification attesting to his or her fluency in both English and the language in which the certificate was issued.

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

2. If it has a signed certification that you can submit with it that's fine. If there's no signed certification you should consider getting a new translation in accordance with USCIS's requirements.

Mom,

I have another question, my spouse she has a household certificate in English (issued by the government). That certificate has her date of birth. Can she use that instead of using a translated birth certificate?

Thank you very much for your help.

Mom,

I have another question, my spouse she has a household certificate in English (issued by the government). That certificate has her date of birth. Can she use that instead of using a translated birth certificate?

Thank you very much for your help.

A birth certificate has to be a birth certificate. If she has a B/C that is what she's required to use.

IOs have been known to insist on seeing the HS diploma itself. Whoever is the main selectee in your case should ensure they include a copy of their HS Diploma in the AOS package (and it should be translated if it is not in English). The spouse doesn't need to include any educational document.

I see, so he needs HS diploma anyway even though he has Bachelor degree? And does he need transcript as well?

Hello,
I have a couple of questions regarding I-134 Affidavit of Support. My husband will be my sponsor, so he is preparing this form. Attached are the screenshots that my questions are about.

Question 1 (see image#1): Regarding section 3 in the form: "Name of spouse and children accompanying or following to join person: Spouse, Child,..." As we don't have any child, I said "None" to that. What about Spouse? Do I need to add my husband's name there as he is my spouse? Or shall I respond "None" to that as well, as he is not immigrating with me? He is a US citizen and already in the US; in fact, he has never been outside the US.

Question 2 (see image#2): Regarding signature section at the bottom of the form: "Oath or Affirmation of Sponsor". I know he needs to sign and date but there is also a section next to the sentence, "I acknowledge that I read Sponsor and Alien Liability on Page 2..............., as amended, and the Food Stamp Act, as amended.___________." Does he also need to initial here?

I would appreciate it if you could help me to respond these questions; he is not sure about them either. Your kind response will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image#1.png
    image#1.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 11
  • image#2.png
    image#2.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 11
Hello,
I have a couple of questions regarding I-134 Affidavit of Support. My husband will be my sponsor, so he is preparing this form. Attached are the screenshots that my questions are about.

Question 1 (see image#1): Regarding section 3 in the form: "Name of spouse and children accompanying or following to join person: Spouse, Child,..." As we don't have any child, I said "None" to that. What about Spouse? Do I need to add my husband's name there as he is my spouse? Or shall I respond "None" to that as well, as he is not immigrating with me? He is a US citizen and already in the US; in fact, he has never been outside the US.

Question 2 (see image#2): Regarding signature section at the bottom of the form: "Oath or Affirmation of Sponsor". I know he needs to sign and date but there is also a section next to the sentence, "I acknowledge that I read Sponsor and Alien Liability on Page 2..............., as amended, and the Food Stamp Act, as amended.___________." Does he also need to initial here?

I would appreciate it if you could help me to respond these questions; he is not sure about them either. Your kind response will be greatly appreciated.

1. None for both spouse and children.

2. Yes.

1. No, USCIS will not be contacting you. Please go through this attached link for the AOS spreadsheet we've put together to help guide people:

2. No need to contact USCIS as long as you've never violated or gone out of status. Go through the AOS spreadsheet for the list of applicable forms/documents.

3. No PCC required for AOS

4. For AOS, all documents not in English MUST be translated into English and should have a signed certification by the persons doing the translation.
Dear Mom,

May I double confirm with you if the next step after submitting DS-260 is to wait for the "2nd NL" from KCC? I read the spreadsheet but am nervous about if I misunderstood or not. Thanks a lot!

Dear Mom,

May I double confirm with you if the next step after submitting DS-260 is to wait for the "2nd NL" from KCC? I read the spreadsheet but am nervous about if I misunderstood or not. Thanks a lot!

That typically has been the next step.

Dear Mom,

you also may want to start putting together the docs for the AOS package while you are waiting for 2NL

you also may want to start putting together the docs for the AOS package while you are waiting for 2NL
Thanks mom! May I also ask if the SSN card is required to be presented in the interview? I have an SSN but my card is lost, and I encounter the question of "Do you have an SSN?" in the DS-260 form. Thanks!