• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Only the main selectee is required to present the HS diploma unless you're cross charging to your wife's country of birth in which case you'll both be expected to meet the minimum requirements.
Thanks a lot! Finger crossed, we will attend interview on 14th.

Just an update of my case.
Tomorrow will be the 5th week after my FO required the KCC file and still waiting for it to be sent. I attended yesterday an INFOPASS. They only told me that, besides mine, there are other 5 applications waiting for the KCC file. Once they get these files right, they will approve the applications. I do not know if someone is in the same situation than me, but this requires a lot of patience. Hopefully still visas, hopefully send the file before 6th week (since they state 4-6weeks), etc, etc. I will keep you updated.

Hey Sm1smom and Brit,
I was a DV 2016 selectee. I just want to thank you for all the information and advice you guys shared. We got our cards today. You guys saved me a boat load of lawyers fees. I was able to do AOS for three of us. Time line is as follows...

Case number: DV2016AS11***
Current in June
Application sent : June 10th
Biometrics date recieved for June 24
Infopass : 11th August- found out that the case was ready for scheduling
Approval : 6th September
GC received in the mail: 14th September

Just FYI I did not fill in a DS-260, just cos the USCIS website did not ask for it.
Thanks again guys, you guys are awesome!!!

D

Just an update of my case.
Tomorrow will be the 5th week after my FO required the KCC file and still waiting for it to be sent. I attended yesterday an INFOPASS. They only told me that, besides mine, there are other 5 applications waiting for the KCC file. Once they get these files right, they will approve the applications. I do not know if someone is in the same situation than me, but this requires a lot of patience. Hopefully still visas, hopefully send the file before 6th week (since they state 4-6weeks), etc, etc. I will keep you updated.

Today, after almost 2h of my last post: "New card is being produced"!!!

Thank you!

The FO's monitor Mom's thread here and they KNOW they have met their match in Mom - so posting here is probably what scared them into approving your case.

;)

995d621e9201e4c505508b900a0166ec.jpg

Hey everyone,

I thought I would just let everyone know that I was mt application was approved on the spot today after less than a 5 minute interview.
I know I didn't post to much but I did read this thread front to back and most of my questions were answered by responses to other people's questions, so thank you very much everyone especially Sm1smom, Britsimon and SusieQQQ you three really were the light at the end of the tunnel even when I thought there was none.

My case details:

Case number: DV2016AF53***
Current - August
Received DV Fee - July 5
2NL - July 13
Application Received: July 21st
Biometrics date August 25
INFOPASS - September 1
Iinterview - September 14
Approved - September 14

I have to add that I did not submit the DS-260. I don't know what's up with that but I spoke to KCC a couple of time as I was afraid something is gonna pop up about it but KCC told me its fine you don't need to submit it but it can make life easier quicker.

I'll fill in the timeline when I receive my documents.

Hey everyone,

I thought I would just let everyone know that I was mt application was approved on the spot today after less than a 5 minute interview.
I know I didn't post to much but I did read this thread front to back and most of my questions were answered by responses to other people's questions, so thank you very much everyone especially Sm1smom, Britsimon and SusieQQQ you three really were the light at the end of the tunnel even when I thought there was none.

My case details:

Case number: DV2016AF53***
Current - August
Received DV Fee - July 5
2NL - July 13
Application Received: July 21st
Biometrics date August 25
INFOPASS - September 1
Iinterview - September 14
Approved - September 14

I have to add that I did not submit the DS-260. I don't know what's up with that but I spoke to KCC a couple of time as I was afraid something is gonna pop up about it but KCC told me its fine you don't need to submit it but it can make life easier quicker.

I'll fill in the timeline when I receive my documents.

Congratulations. Where was your FO?

"New Card is being produced"
Almost 10 months of long wait after my interview, finally my status has just changed.
Sm1smom you are an amazing person, thank you.
I had 6 info passes, was all set for 7th on this Monday, had written to senator and ombudsman 2-3 mo back, not sure what did the trick
Good luck to all those waiting for approval

"New Card is being produced"
Almost 10 months of long wait after my interview, finally my status has just changed.
Sm1smom you are an amazing person, thank you.
I had 6 info passes, was all set for 7th on this Monday, had written to senator and ombudsman 2-3 mo back, not sure what did the trick
Good luck to all those waiting for approval

AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!

Hi Guys, had interview today. In and out in 10 mins and said they were recommending approval, which they then said means we're approved! Thanks for all the advice - the 2013 Memorandum was the thing that got our case up and moving the other week at 2nd InfoPass.

A few quick ones - So, when we get the WL and GC's, does this officially make our E2's and any constraints of E2 irrelevant? Do we have to cancel the E2 out or do we just let it expire and never use it again, and use GC's from when we get them onwards. Also, the officer asked if we had worked for a government because we submitted the 508. We said no, and we submitted it because we were on E2's. They said yes that's what they needed they were just curious. It was right at the end as we were walking out, but now I'm thinking about it - the 508 just makes us waive any diplomatic immunity and tax exemptions etc, we may have been getting right? So as we have none of that in place, and are paying all taxes etc here, it should not effect us? That's what I understood the form to mean.

Hi Guys, had interview today. In and out in 10 mins and said they were recommending approval, which they then said means we're approved! Thanks for all the advice - the 2013 Memorandum was the thing that got our case up and moving the other week at 2nd InfoPass.

A few quick ones - So, when we get the WL and GC's, does this officially make our E2's and any constraints of E2 irrelevant? Do we have to cancel the E2 out or do we just let it expire and never use it again, and use GC's from when we get them onwards. Also, the officer asked if we had worked for a government because we submitted the 508. We said no, and we submitted it because we were on E2's. They said yes that's what they needed they were just curious. It was right at the end as we were walking out, but now I'm thinking about it - the 508 just makes us waive any diplomatic immunity and tax exemptions etc, we may have been getting right? So as we have none of that in place, and are paying all taxes etc here, it should not effect us? That's what I understood the form to mean.

Congratulations on getting the interview out of the way. Yes, once they approve the petition, your E3 status technically ceases to exist as you can't have two status at the same time. The GC cancels all constraints, you're free to *work for anyone anywhere* in the US, and yes you no longer have tax exemptions or diplomatic immunity.

ps. You're actually not considered approved based on the recommendation for approval - regardless of what the IO might have said. Until the actual approval takes place, the battle technically isn't over - of course this is not to say you're not going to be approved, I just don't want other readers to get the wrong impression.

*There are organizations that are required to employ USC only for certain positions*

Congratulations on getting the interview out of the way. Yes, once they approve the petition, your E3 status technically ceases to exist as you can't have two status at the same time. The GC cancels all constraints, you're free to *work for anyone anywhere* in the US, and yes you no longer have tax exemptions or diplomatic immunity.

ps. You're actually not considered approved based on the recommendation for approval - regardless of what the IO might have said. Until the actual approval takes place, the battle technically isn't over - of course this is not to say you're not going to be approved, I just don't want other readers to get the wrong impression.

*There are organizations that are required to employ USC only for certain positions*

Ah thats what I suspected. We have an Infopass next week so will follow up. Thanks!

So, just a thought - at the interview IO had to check if visas were still available for us. She said there was. So, if they now take some time between this recommendation for approval and final approval, could the visas run out in between? Or do they "lock off" a visa for our petition at recommendation time, pending final approval?

Last edited:
So, just a thought - at the interview IO had to check if visas were still available for us. She said there was. So, if they now take some time between this recommendation for approval and final approval, could the visas run out in between? Or do they "lock off" a visa for our petition at recommendation time, pending final approval?

Relax...