• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Understood! These things take time to sink in!!

Yeah, maybe it does. I got frustrated with you saying the IO had your case file over and over even as we were telling you what you could do. You assumed we didn't see or catch that piece of information the first time you posted it.

Hey Mom,

Did my INFOPASS today. This morning before going there, I called KCC and KCC said that they just forwarded my file this morning to NY FO.

INFOPASS appointment scheduled at 2 PM, there were so many people, got to the counter by 3 PM. My INFOPASS only lasts about 15 mins, seems my FO was very busy (he was moving around here and there), but he was knowledgeable. He was aware that my case will have to be approved by the end of September. I mentioned to him everything chronologically, and the fact that this morning I called KCC to confirm.

He proceeded to check the latest update, while giving my the paper called "Customer Inquiry Form", which he stated that I need to fill this, and in the "Comments" section write that I want my case to be expedited because the deadline is approaching, so I did that. After he finished checking my case, he said my case is being reviewed, looked like a good sign, and I just need to wait because I'm almost there and because I still have one month left before September ends. I should've asked for more details but I went blank on the spot, lol.

What is the next thing that I need to do?

Hey Mom,

Did my INFOPASS today. This morning before going there, I called KCC and KCC said that they just forwarded my file this morning to NY FO.

INFOPASS appointment scheduled at 2 PM, there were so many people, got to the counter by 3 PM. My INFOPASS only lasts about 15 mins, seems my FO was very busy (he was moving around here and there), but he was knowledgeable. He was aware that my case will have to be approved by the end of September. I mentioned to him everything chronologically, and the fact that this morning I called KCC to confirm.

He proceeded to check the latest update, while giving my the paper called "Customer Inquiry Form", which he stated that I need to fill this, and in the "Comments" section write that I want my case to be expedited because the deadline is approaching, so I did that. After he finished checking my case, he said my case is being reviewed, looked like a good sign, and I just need to wait because I'm almost there and because I still have one month left before September ends. I should've asked for more details but I went blank on the spot, lol.

Wait.

Hey Mom,

For now? W.A.I.T patiently.

Hey Mom,

p.s. You went to your FO (Field Office) and met with an IO (Immigration Officer), you did not meet with an FO :)

I'm sure it's mainly coincidental - your CPO message coming up right after the ombudsman tells you they've contacted your FO. Nonetheless, that's good news. Wait until you get your GC and if your daughter's doesn't show up by then follow up with your FO.
How should I contact ombudsman? I know online
I'm sure it's mainly coincidental - your CPO message coming up right after the ombudsman tells you they've contacted your FO. Nonetheless, that's good news. Wait until you get your GC and if your daughter's doesn't show up by then follow up with your FO.
How should I contact ombudsman? I did online request for case assistance. Is that the only way?

Your clarification is much appreciated.
To start with, have you called KCC to confirm if your KCC file has been requested by your FO, and if already requested, has it been sent?
Spoke to KCC this morning. They said they finished with my file and sent it to NY FO yesterday (Aug 25). Is the file send electronically or by post? My INFOPASS is on Tuesday Aug 30. At the interview on Aug 04, I was informed by the IO (Mom - I got it right this time :) ) that everything was clear and that I would receive the card in 2 to 3 weeks. Are there any show stoppers that may arise from the KCC file?

Spoke to KCC this morning. They said they finsihed with my file and sent it to NY FO yesterday (Aug 25). Is the file send electronically or by post? My INFOPASS is on Tuesday Aug 30. At the interview on Aug 04, I was informed by the IO (Mom - I got it right this time :) ) that everything was clear and that I would receive the card in 2 to 3 weeks. Are there any show stoppers that may arise from the KCC file?

Lol - yeah, I noticed.

There's usually no show stopper (at least for DV based AOS cases) from the KCC file AFAIK, the file is sent electronically. So having the confirmation the file has been sent is good.

The next thing you need to find out when you go for an INFOPASS (if the petition still isn't adjudicated) is if your background check has cleared.

Lol - yeah, I noticed.

There's usually no show stopper (at least for DV based AOS cases) from the KCC file AFAIK, the file is sent electronically. So having the confirmation the file has been sent is good.

The next thing you need to find out when you go for an INFOPASS (if the petition still isn't adjudicated) is if your background check has cleared.
Thank you! Your advice has been most helpful. Other applicants with delays on their cases will also find the info useful. Will post the next development. . . Mom - Do you ever find time to sleep? You are responding promptly 24/7 to queries from random strangers!! :)

Hi Good morning.
Thank you sm1smom for your guidance in this journey.

I had an interview today at Boston FO. I am happy to announce that the officer approved it on spot. Now the status of my case is '
New Card Is Being Produced'

It was a simple 15 minute interview. It included checking my documents. Going through the Yes/No questions and other i485 questions.

Best of wishes to other candidates who are still waiting. I had taken around 6 infopass appointments, about 2 online inquiries and 1 congressman inquiry. I think the last infopass was effective as the officer was helpful as he wrote an email to the interviewing officer explaining that I was worried at that point of time.

P.S I wasn't able to update the spreadsheet
Interview letter received 8/3/2016
Interview date 8/26

Hi Mom,
I'm a DV 2016 selectee and had submitted paper work for an AOS. We (me and wife) already had our biometrics done a month and half back. In mid August we did and Infopass and the officer told us that the case is ready for scheduling, and we told the officer that DV based AOS are time critical and she immediately took down our case numbers and met with the scheduling supervisor and alerted that our case is time sensitive. She also told us to come back at the end of August if we do not hear from USCIS. Now my problem is we are almost at the end of August, and we have not received an interview letter from USCIS. And I was looking to schedule an Infopass as suggested by the officer. But the problem is there aren't any appointments available for the specific field office that our case is with. Is it ok if I schedule an infopass with another field office? Also is there anything else we can do get an interview?

Thank you,

Dylan.

After endless number of sleepless nights, I am here to say that my case status has changed to New Card Is Being Produced. Thank you Sm1smom, Britsimon for the incredible support.

Good luck everyone!

My timeline:

Case Number: 2016AF33xxxx
Current: June
ASC: Dallas, TX
FO: Dallas, TX
Chicago Lockbox: 06/06/2016
Package Delivery Courier: USPS Priority 06/01/2016
Acceptance Text: 06/20/2016
Check Cashed: N/A
NOA Letter Date: 06/24/2016
Bio Letter Received Date: 07/01/2016
Bio Scheduled Date: 07/15/2016
Bio Walk-In Date: 07/15/2016
Acceptance - Bio Received: 12
Interview Letter Received: N/A (Called me via phone)
Interview Date: 08/05/2016
Interview Date - Bio Date: 21
CPO: 08/26/2016
Comments: Interview took 3-5 minutes. IO double checked my name, dob, marital status. Asked him about I-551 stamp so I can travel, he said I'll have to wait until I get either my AP or GC.
DS-260: 05/15/2016
2NL Received: 10/01/2015

Hi Mom,
I'm a DV 2016 selectee and had submitted paper work for an AOS. We (me and wife) already had our biometrics done a month and half back. In mid August we did and Infopass and the officer told us that the case is ready for scheduling, and we told the officer that DV based AOS are time critical and she immediately took down our case numbers and met with the scheduling supervisor and alerted that our case is time sensitive. She also told us to come back at the end of August if we do not hear from USCIS. Now my problem is we are almost at the end of August, and we have not received an interview letter from USCIS. And I was looking to schedule an Infopass as suggested by the officer. But the problem is there aren't any appointments available for the specific field office that our case is with. Is it ok if I schedule an infopass with another field office? Also is there anything else we can do get an interview?

Thank you,

Dylan.

Infopass slots (for a single day 2 weeks from today) are released daily around 23:55 EST. This worked for me twice, so I assume that is how it works.

Infopass slots (for a single day 2 weeks from today) are released daily around 23:55 EST. This worked for me twice, so I assume that is how it works.
I have discovered that the best time to find appointment slots is between midnight and early morning (before everyone else is up and looking!). This is true at least for NY FO.

Hi Good morning.

I had an interview today at Boston FO. I am happy to announce that the officer approved it on spot. Now the status of my case is '

It was a simple 15 minute interview. It included checking my documents. Going through the Yes/No questions and other i485 questions.

Best of wishes to other candidates who are still waiting. I had taken around 6 infopass appointments, about 2 online inquiries and 1 congressman inquiry. I think the last infopass was effective as the officer was helpful as he wrote an email to the interviewing officer explaining that I was worried at that point of time.

Interview date 8/26
How should I do online inquiry? I am waiting for interview letter, had infopass 4 times, not really helpful.

Thank you! Your advice has been most helpful. Other applicants with delays on their cases will also find the info useful. Will post the next development. . . Mom - Do you ever find time to sleep? You are responding promptly 24/7 to queries from random strangers!! :)

Lol - I contemplated using 'bat woman' as my profile name but didn't think it was appropriate since I most definitely sleep, and I'm not online 24/7 - obviously seeing how long this response took :rolleyes: -I just try to help as much as I can when I can :)

Hi Good morning.

Interview date 8/26

That's awesome. Congratulations. Please request access to the timeline spreadsheet directly via the spreadsheet itself.