• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Mom,
I know that you don't recommend to send the application before Oct 1st if your number will become current in October. My last question about it is: Isn't it ok to send the application in September since October's cut-off numbers will be announced in Sept?

Thanks a lot.

Some Oct selectees have in the past sent in their package in Sept (some as early as August as a matter of fact). Of these lot, some where successfully accepted and processed. Some where either rejected by the Chicago Lockbox or denied by their FO for early filing. So it's your call.

Mom, when we see our numbers in August 15 or so, what if we add a cover letter and that Memo to our AOS package and mail it to them that way? Then they would know that we didn't do this just because we wanted to; we simply followed the procedure. Would this help the situation? Or would they still reject us no matter what? What do you think?

Mom, when we see our numbers in August 15 or so, what if we add a cover letter and that Memo to our AOS package and mail it to them that way? Then they would know that we didn't do this just because we wanted to; we simply followed the procedure. Would this help the situation? Or would they still reject us no matter what? What do you think?

Please see my previous post which is directly above yours. It's equally applicable to your question.

Hi Mom,
1. When usually KCC starts sending 2NLs? (or what time usually it takes between submitting ds-260 and 2nl?)
2. If Chicago Lockbox rejects package will they charge i485 filing fee? If they not then it's not a problem to resend the package later with another personal checks.
Thanks.

Hi Mom,
1. When usually KCC starts sending 2NLs? (or what time usually it takes between submitting ds-260 and 2nl?)
2. If Chicago Lockbox rejects package will they charge i485 filing fee? If they not then it's not a problem to resend the package later with another personal checks.
Thanks.

1. Anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months.

2. If the Chicago Lockbox rejects a pacakage, the package gets sent back with the enclosed fee, no fee is charged. However, if the package is accepted by the Chicago Lockbox and the petition eventually gets denied by the FO, your payment will not be refunded or returned, your check would have been cashed once its accepted by the Lockbox.

Hi Mom,

First of all thank you for your kind helps and your efforts to help everyone in this forum. I have learnt lots of things because of this forum.

My wife is selected for DV2016. Our case will be current in October. We want to proceed with AOS process but we have some problems.

-I'm currently working in US with H1B visa.
-She has H4 dependent visa. But she is out of United states now because of her job.

My questions;

1-I'll do my medical exams in US . Can we get her medical exam results out of US? I've already checked it and our country has a list of doctors who can provide valid greencard medical package for CP process. I hope it will be valid for AOS process too? What do you think? Have you ever heard similar case?

2-She'll come US for bio metrics and interview. Can she travel out of US after biometrics and interview? ( She has valid H4 visa. I hope she can travel without any problem.)

Thanks for your kind help.

Regards

Hi Mom,

First of all thank you for your kind helps and your efforts to help everyone in this forum. I have learnt lots of things because of this forum.

My wife is selected for DV2016. Our case will be current in October. We want to proceed with AOS process but we have some problems.

-She has H4 dependent visa. But she is out of United states now because of her job.

My questions;

1-I'll do my medical exams in US . Can we get her medical exam results out of US? I've already checked it and our country has a list of doctors who can provide valid greencard medical package for CP process. I hope it will be valid for AOS process too? What do you think? Have you ever heard similar case?

2-She'll come US for bio metrics and interview. Can she travel out of US after biometrics and interview? ( She has valid H4 visa. I hope she can travel without any problem.)

Regards

1. AOS medical has to be done in the U.S. Just like medical exams done in the U.S. will not be accepted by U.S. Consulates/Embassies.

2. Since she has a dual intent visa, she should be okay. But bear in mind, admission into the U.S. is never guaranteed regardless of the visa type, it's always at the discretion of the admitting immigration officer, especially if they find out she's actually not living in the U.S. at the moment. AOS is a privilege reserved for people who are actually living in the U.S.

Hi Mom,

My questions;

Regards

In addition to what I posted earlier about the possibility of being denied entry, I think there's also a possibility of the petition itself being denied as a matter of fact. I assume she will state on her I-485 wherever it is she's currently working, which will be a clear indication to the IO that she does not reside in the U.S, or how do you guys plan on handling that?

In addition to what I posted earlier about the possibility of being denied entry, I think there's also a possibility of the petition itself being denied as a matter of fact. I assume she will state on her I-485 wherever it is she's currently working, which will be a clear indication to the IO that she does not reside in the U.S, or how do you guys plan on handling that?

Hi,

I never thought it. You are right. Under these circumstances , she'll quit her job and come/stay in US during the AOS Process. Process will be easier for us in this way.

Can we fill DS260 forms before she arrive to US? Reside in the U.S. rule is mandatory for DS260 form too? (Just I don't want to lose extra time for waiting 2ndNL letter and receipt of DV payment.I want to start before she arrive here if it is possible. )

Thanks.

Hi,

I never thought it. You are right. Under these circumstances , she'll quit her job and come/stay in US during the AOS Process. Process will be easier for us in this way.

Can we fill DS260 forms before she arrive to US? Reside in the U.S. rule is mandatory for DS260 form too? (Just I don't want to lose extra time for waiting 2ndNL letter and receipt of DV payment.I want to start before she arrive here if it is possible. )

Thanks.

One is required to always be upfront and truthful when it comes to immigration issues. If you go ahead and submit the DS form while she's still living outside the U.S., which address do you plan on listing for her? Do you plan on indicating she'll also be processing AOS when she's currently not living in the U.S.?

Hey everybody! Just wanted to see if anyone has received 2NL yet or it is just me not receiving anything yet! I submitted the 260 form on second week of May.

Hey everybody! Just wanted to see if anyone has received 2NL yet or it is just me not receiving anything yet! I submitted the 260 form on second week of May.

For DV2016? 2NLs go out 6-8 weeks before interview so the earliest ones will go out in August.

Mom
Hi everybody. I'm in the 2NL wait list as well. Mom! You said to SusieQQQ is not so with AOSers. How is it like fore QOSers when it comes to 2NL? Is it feom 2 weeks to 2 months or just before October, August or September?
Thank you in advance.

Mom
Hi everybody. I'm in the 2NL wait list as well. Mom! You said to SusieQQQ is not so with AOSers. How is it like fore QOSers when it comes to 2NL? Is it feom 2 weeks to 2 months or just before October, August or September?
Thank you in advance.

AOSers receive 2NL 2 weeks to 2 months from when the DS-260 form is submitted (could be longer, occasionally).

Those going through CP receive 2NL about 6-8 weeks before their scheduled interview date (following when their CN becomes current) like Susie posted above. Those in this category whose CN becomes current in October will begin to receive 2NL from August.