• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi my friends!
I received my approval notice for the i485! (a week after my interview).
Mom, Simon, and all, i want to THANK YOU all for the support to each other throughout the entire process.
Good luck to all!
Cheers

That's great. Congratulations!

We had our interview yesterday. We arrived an hour early and were seen on time at our appointment time. The lady who interviewed us was super grumpy the whole time, so we just kept quiet and answered her questions but nothing more. She asked about how my husband and I had met, about our daughter, what we did for work, about our past trips to/from the USA, and requested all our original documents (birth certs, passports, marriage cert, etc...). She didn't want my high school certificate, but she insisted on seeing my bachelor's degree, lucky I had it. She also wanted my daughter's birth certificate, even though she was already an american citizen, and she asked for new copies of my employment letter and pay pay stubs, including my husband's pay stubs which was odd considering I earn plenty to cover the requirements.

She is holding our case for further review but said she had all the documents she needed at this point and would phone us if there was something more required. She said expect a decision in writing in 2 - 3 weeks, but if we don't her back in that time, we are not permitted to follow up for 180 days!

I hope it all goes through soon :) Glad to have the interview over, it was nerve wracking!

Quick question, how is CPO delivered? Via email or mail or ?
CPO [Card Production Order] is an online status update. So it could be an email or a text message depending on your preference when you signed up for notifications. You will get an approval notice [aka welcome letter] and then your green card following the CPO notification.

CPO [Card Production Order] is an online status update. So it could be an email or a text message depending on your preference when you signed up for notifications. You will get an approval notice [aka welcome letter] and then your green card following the CPO notification.
Thank you :)

Does this also update in the USCIS case status page? Or does nothing happen in there until the whole process is completed?

Thank you :)

Does this also update in the USCIS case status page? Or does nothing happen in there until the whole process is completed?
CPO is an update on the USCIS case status page, thus you're getting the email/text notification.

CPO is an update on the USCIS case status page, thus you're getting the email/text notification.

Slight clarification here: an email or text notification only gets sent if one registers online for case status updates. Of course anyone who didn't register for status notifications can still go online to check the case status.

Hi Mom,

The month and day on my mother's birth date on the G-325 form are switched. Should I bring a newly filled corrected for at my interview? Should I bring a copy of my mother's passport? Thanks!

Hello everyone, today we received our green cards. I want to thank everyone and especially Mom. This forum was really helpful and got us through this process. Good luck to everyone!

P.s. Mom my DOB on my card is incorrect they put on both cards my wife's DOB.
Should I fill the i90 form for replacement card rightaway or do I have time? We are going to move on May 31, and I was debating should I do it now or wait until we move. Any info about the replacement process would be appreciated!

Hi,
I interviewed today and the officer told me that he approved right away. He said I should wait 7-10 days for the card delivery. I am so excited! And so grateful to Mom, Simon and everyone here to help!

Hi Mom,

The month and day on my mother's birth date on the G-325 form are switched. Should I bring a newly filled corrected for at my interview? Should I bring a copy of my mother's passport? Thanks!

Attend your interview with a corrected version. There's no need to present your mother's passport as evidence

Hello everyone, today we received our green cards. I want to thank everyone and especially Mom. This forum was really helpful and got us through this process. Good luck to everyone!

P.s. Mom my DOB on my card is incorrect they put on both cards my wife's DOB.
Should I fill the i90 form for replacement card rightaway or do I have time? We are going to move on May 31, and I was debating should I do it now or wait until we move. Any info about the replacement process would be appreciated!

Congratulations on the receipt of your cards.

If you're planning on moving at the end of May, you might want to wait until then, unless you already know the address of where you'll be moving to before initiating the GC replacement process - you'll need to provide an address for this.

You'll need to cross check all the forms you submitted to confirm you guys did not mix up the DOB during your applica process. If the error is solely from USCIS, you're eligible for a free replacement. All you'll have to do is fill out the applicable form, include the GC and send back the package to USCIS.

If it turns out you guys did mix up the dates on your form(s), then you'll have to pay for the replacement which is about $450 now, if I'm not mistaken.

The replacement process could take up to 6 months (or longer), so you'll need to exercise lots of patience.

Hi,
I interviewed today and the officer told me that he approved right away. He said I should wait 7-10 days for the card delivery. I am so excited! And so grateful to Mom, Simon and everyone here to help!

Great! Congratulations!!

Congratulations on the receipt of your cards.

If you're planning on moving at the end of May, you might want to wait until then, unless you already know the address of where you'll be moving to before initiating the GC replacement process - you'll need to provide an address for this.

You'll need to cross check all the forms you submitted to confirm you guys did not mix up the DOB during your applica process. If the error is solely from USCIS, you're eligible for a free replacement. All you'll have to do is fill out the applicable form, include the GC and send back the package to USCIS.

If it turns out you guys did mix up the dates on your form(s), then you'll have to pay for the replacement which is about $450 now, if I'm not mistaken.

The replacement process could take up to 6 months (or longer), so you'll need to exercise lots of patience.

Thank you mom for your quick reply.
I misstyped my DOB originally in i485 form, but on interview I told IO about it and he corrected it. So do you think I should still pay for replacement?

Thank you mom for your quick reply.
I misstyped my DOB originally in i485 form, but on interview I told IO about it and he corrected it. So do you think I should still pay for replacement?

Is the error on the GC exactly the same as you had it on your submitted I-485 form?

Mom when I called USCIS level 2 officer few weeks back she told me my file is in Missouri but when I called KCC they said my local office requested my KCC file. Its kind of contradicting. I thought only after local office has the file with them they request KCC file. In anycase I m going to have a infopass on May 9th and asked from them where my file is. I had an infopass earlier but didnt asked about the file I think its my bad.

Yes, it's exactly the same. You think IO forgot to change what we've corrected?

It seems like the department responsible for issuing the GC went by what you originally wrote on the I-485 which was already scanned prior to your interview. I'm guessing USCIS will not consider the error to be from them unfortunately, they have the scanned I-485 form with the wrong DOB listed regardless of the fact that the IO might have corrected the information in the system at the time of your interview, seems like that correction did not carry through.