• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

I don't think you will be able to exclude or remove the already completed DS260 form for him, that's why you need to email KCC again (after the submission) about his exclusion.

Mom,

I have another question. My wife and I have filed DS-260 (about 2 weeks ago) and based on your spreadsheet, we should receive an email notification from KCC. Do you know approximately when we should an email from KCC? Thank you Mom.

Mom,

I have another question. My wife and I have filed DS-260 (about 2 weeks ago) and based on your spreadsheet, we should receive an email notification from KCC. Do you know approximately when we should an email from KCC? Thank you Mom.

Could be anywhere between 2 weeks and 2 months.

Hi Mom
In the work section for my spouse it asks "Do you have any specialized skills or training, such as firearms, explosives, nuclear, biological, or chemical experience?" My spouse has a Ph.D in Chemistry. So does that mean I have to answer yes and say Chemistry Ph.D. Then in the work section it asks my research and says be as specific? How long do I have to write is just a single sentence is enough? Then for the question "Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?" I answer Yes and then it asked me to explain I wrote I WOULD BE USING MY DOCTORAL DEGREE TO WORK IN USA is that a good answer. Sorry for having lot of questions

Mom
When you unlock DS-260 to edit it like what we did last weeks. Does that delays the peocess of the 2NL?

Hi Mom
In the work section for my spouse it asks "Do you have any specialized skills or training, such as firearms, explosives, nuclear, biological, or chemical experience?" My spouse has a Ph.D in Chemistry. So does that mean I have to answer yes and say Chemistry Ph.D. Then in the work section it asks my research and says be as specific? How long do I have to write is just a single sentence is enough? Then for the question "Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?" I answer Yes and then it asked me to explain I wrote I WOULD BE USING MY DOCTORAL DEGREE TO WORK IN USA is that a good answer. Sorry for having lot of questions

I honestly wouldn't answer 'Yes' if I was in your shoes. Just because I have a Ph.Din Chemistry doesn't, IMHO, qualify as me having specialized training in firearms, explosives use, or that I have biological, nuclear experience unless of course I've worked and received focused trainings on those. In which I will have to answer Yes and expect some focused/additional background checks.

For the skilled labor part, whatever answer you choose to provide doesn't really matter, your GC petition isn't employment based, so the answer isn't going to make or break your case.

I honestly wouldn't answer 'Yes' if I was in your shoes. Just because I have a Ph.Din Chemistry doesn't, IMHO, qualify as me having specialized training in firearms, explosives use, or that I have biological, nuclear experience unless of course I've worked and received focused trainings on those. In which I will have to answer Yes and expect some focused/additional background checks.

For the skilled labor part, whatever answer you choose to provide doesn't really matter, your GC petition isn't employment based, so the answer isn't going to make or break your case.
Thank you mom

Hello There,

A quick question. I am paying the DV visa fee ($330) and they ask for a self-addressed envelope to be included there. I am guessing they will mail the receipt back to me. Is that right? Should anything be written in the 'from' section of that self-addressed envelop as well or just my address in the 'to' section?

Thanks.

Mom
I've paid the DV visa fee and they received it about 10 days ago. Do they sent the receipt immediately after they receive it or there might be a delay?
What if they don't send it to me or for any reason it gets lost? In my interview, how can I proof that I've paid the fee?

Hello There,

A quick question. I am paying the DV visa fee ($330) and they ask for a self-addressed envelope to be included there. I am guessing they will mail the receipt back to me. Is that right? Should anything be written in the 'from' section of that self-addressed envelop as well or just my address in the 'to' section?

Thanks.

Yes, the SAE will be used to mail back the receipt to you. There's no formality regarding the envelope, so it really doesn't matter whether or not you write anything in the "From" section of it, as long as your address is clearly written on the "To" part of it.

Mom
I've paid the DV visa fee and they received it about 10 days ago. Do they sent the receipt immediately after they receive it or there might be a delay?
What if they don't send it to me or for any reason it gets lost? In my interview, how can I proof that I've paid the fee?

Receipt could take anywhere between 2 to 8 weeks. The only reason they wouldn't send it is if you didn't include a SAE with your payment or your address was wrongly written by you, in which case you will end up doing some back and forth communication with KCC until they're able to sort you out and email the receipt to you.

Yes, the SAE will be used to mail back the receipt to you. There's no formality regarding the envelope, so it really doesn't matter whether or not you write anything in the "From" section of it, as long as your address is clearly written on the "To" part of it.
Thanks mom.

Thanks mom but when I check online this is a common question is all H1B, J1 visa applications. Most chemists writes "yes" for this and wrote the educational experience. I did the same do you think this is enough. "I HAVE A PH.D IN CHEMISTRY. IN MY PH.D I WAS INVOLVED IN ANTIBIOTIC DELIVERY AND USE OF SUGARS TO TARGET E.COLI AND MYCOBACTERIA. IRON OXIDE, SILICON DIOXIDE BASED NANOMATERIALS WERE USED AS CARRIER'S FOR ANTIBIOTICS AND SUGARS.FURTHERMORE I HAVE EXPERIANCE IN MAKING SOLAR CELLS USING CONDUCTIVE NANOFIBERS."

Mom,

Is the Medical Exam valid for 6 months from the date of the exam until the AOS package acceptance by USCIS or until the interview date?

Thank you!

Mom,

More questions:

1) When would one need Form I-134 - Affidavit of Support?
2) On i-765 it asks for previous employment authorizations. I have had OPT before, 5 years ago, but can't remember the previous USCIS office or the date, any advice?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thanks mom but when I check online this is a common question is all H1B, J1 visa applications. Most chemists writes "yes" for this and wrote the educational experience. I did the same do you think this is enough. "I HAVE A PH.D IN CHEMISTRY. IN MY PH.D I WAS INVOLVED IN ANTIBIOTIC DELIVERY AND USE OF SUGARS TO TARGET E.COLI AND MYCOBACTERIA. IRON OXIDE, SILICON DIOXIDE BASED NANOMATERIALS WERE USED AS CARRIER'S FOR ANTIBIOTICS AND SUGARS.FURTHERMORE I HAVE EXPERIANCE IN MAKING SOLAR CELLS USING CONDUCTIVE NANOFIBERS."

Okay. I suppose that should be enough. Again remember, it's not like you're applying for a NIV or an employment based visa/GC.