• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Lol i will try, although I have been trying to think about something else for 3 months now...:confused:
Congratulations. Count yourself lucky, you hold a low CN and therefore had ample time to successfully complete AP. End of January - a full 8 months before the end of September deadline! Again, congrats.

Thank you. Of course I will consider myself lucky and fortunate when I have the ISSUED update notice, and visa in hand....

Earlier this year a similar situation occurred. My tourist visa application was initially approved at interview, then passport was returned for AP, after couple of weeks received notice by email that visa was ready for issuance, and after I had submitted passport they called me in for a follow up interview to eventually refuse the visa.

So could you imagine why I am worried? From what I have learned, nothing is certain until the visa is received...

Thank you. Of course I will consider myself lucky and fortunate when I have the ISSUED update notice, and visa in hand....

Earlier this year a similar situation occurred. My tourist visa application was initially approved at interview, then passport was returned for AP, after couple of weeks received notice by email that visa was ready for issuance, and after I had submitted passport they called me in for a follow up interview to eventually refuse the visa.

So could you imagine why I am worried? From what I have learned, nothing is certain until the visa is received...
Very true, it is done when its (really) done. Did they tell you at the time the reason your B visa application was refused after you presumably had passed AP security checks? The experience must have been awful, no doubt. More luck this time around, I do hope!

Very true, it is done when its (really) done. Did they tell you at the time the reason your B visa application was refused after you presumably had passed AP security checks? The experience must have been awful, no doubt. More luck this time around, I do hope!

It was a very odd situation. The B2 visa application was around March-April. During the follow up interview, the Officer asked me questions about my entry in the Diversity Visa Program. Apparently my passport number and details were in their system as a DV2016 selectee and therefore the system could not print the visa and they consequently refused the B2 visa. Then 1 month later, when the DV2016 results came out, I got the magical 1NL of being selected.

It was a very odd situation. The B2 visa application was around March-April. During the follow up interview, the Officer asked me questions about my entry in the Diversity Visa Program. Apparently my passport number and details were in their system as a DV2016 selectee and therefore the system could not print the visa and they consequently refused the B2 visa. Then 1 month later, when the DV2016 results came out, I got the magical 1NL of being selected.
Something similar happened to us, we learned about our lottery win from the CO while interviewing for a J Visa. She asked us whether we intended to immigrate to the US, we told her the truth, i.e. that we had participated in the visa lottery, she said "congratulations, it seems you were lucky" and proceeded to assign the J visa for our family. An example how important it is to tell the truth and nothing but the truth...:) Surely, you won't encounter the same issue during final IV processing, circumstances are completely different for you now. Best of luck! PS: by the way, AP security clearance received in March/April may well have contributed to relatively fast processing this time around, hence it might well have counted for something even so you did not receive the B visa at the time...

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

last week I received a call from the Consulate that they are finished with AP and I was instructed to submit our passports for visa issuance. I was really happy and sent the passports immediately. The Consulate received passports last Friday. Since then, there is a status update every day on CEAC but still no ISSUED message. The last update was today Feb 3. The only difference is that instead of all family members showing AP, now only the principal shows AP and the rest of family members Ready. I really do not understand why it still takes several days to issue the visas after they told me the AP is cleared. So I keep stressing out here.....

Because these things take time. I was on "light" AP (missing document) and it took them over a week to issue the visa after they received them. Remember the same people printing your visa are printing all the immigrant and tourist visas that go through that consulate.

Hi Guys,

last week I received a call from the Consulate that they are finished with AP and I was instructed to submit our passports for visa issuance. I was really happy and sent the passports immediately. The Consulate received passports last Friday. Since then, there is a status update every day on CEAC but still no ISSUED message. The last update was today Feb 3. The only difference is that instead of all family members showing AP, now only the principal shows AP and the rest of family members Ready. I really do not understand why it still takes several days to issue the visas after they told me the AP is cleared. So I keep stressing out here.....

congratulations friend

I am still desperately waiting for our DV visas to be issued. The Consulate has received our passports since January 29th. Today February 9, the status on CEAC still shows Administrative Processing. Every day we wake up with the hope to see the Issued status. We only have about 2 months left for the visas to be activated in the US. I try to think about something else but at the same time dont understand why it takes so long. Normally people here get their documents back in 3-4 days after the interview.

I am still desperately waiting for our DV visas to be issued. The Consulate has received our passports since January 29th. Today February 9, the status on CEAC still shows Administrative Processing. Every day we wake up with the hope to see the Issued status. We only have about 2 months left for the visas to be activated in the US. I try to think about something else but at the same time dont understand why it takes so long. Normally people here get their documents back in 3-4 days after the interview.
Pitbulltr, "We only have about 2 months left for the visas to be activated in the US" - what do you mean exactly?

Pitbulltr, "We only have about 2 months left for the visas to be activated in the US" - what do you mean exactly?
When the Consulate called me to submit passports they told me that visas would be ready in the first week of February and the visas would expire at the end of April, which I assume is the expiration date of the medical reports.

When the Consulate called me to submit passports they told me that visas would be ready in the first week of February and the visas would expire at the end of April, which I assume is the expiration date of the medical reports.
Yes, this information is correct, depending on the date of your medicals. Basically you have two options, as far as I can see: either plan an activation trip with the family shortly after you have received passports with visa (preferable) or, alternatively if this should not be feasible, confirm with the Consulate in detail options to redo your medicals, resulting in longer DV visa validity dates. In case of the latter, act in full disclosure with CO, so there are no misunderstandings/additional complications.

Yes we would like to do an activation trip asap by the end of this month but therefore are desperate to see the visa issued and dont understand why my case is still under administrative processing while they told me it is cleared

Yes we would like to do an activation trip asap by the end of this month but therefore are desperate to see the visa issued and dont understand why my case is still under administrative processing while they told me it is cleared
What active communication channels do you have open with them? There is no harm in a friendly and constructive update request...

Actually I emailed them last Thursday they answered very kind and very fast that they hope to complete the processing in printing the visas that week and to send all documents this week. The printing of the visas unfortunately did not happen. I understand that there may be a workload and delay but I dont understand why I see a Status Update change every day and status remains under AP. And I do not want to bother them too much... Are they waiting for visa allocation slots maybe? Hopefully will see change in status next few days

Actually I emailed them last Thursday they answered very kind and very fast that they hope to complete the processing in printing the visas that week and to send all documents this week. The printing of the visas unfortunately did not happen. I understand that there may be a workload and delay but I dont understand why I see a Status Update change every day and status remains under AP. And I do not want to bother them too much... Hopefully will see change in status next few days
Well, this is all a very good sign and you are well on the way, no doubt. I certainly understand you being somewhat nervous in view of what happened in the B visa case, yet this is a different ballgame altogether and you and your family are very close to successfully completing this step in your US immigration journey. Let us know once you hold passports & visa in hand! Best of luck.

Well, this is all a very good sign and you are well on the way, no doubt. I certainly understand you being somewhat nervous in view of what happened in the B visa case, yet this is a different ballgame altogether and you and your family are very close to successfully completing this step in your US immigration journey. Let us know once you hold passports & visa in hand! Best of luck.
Thank you for your support. Yes nervous we are definitely! I will let you know as soon as we have an update

Thank you for your support. Yes nervous we are definitely! I will let you know as soon as we have an update
I m happy for you Pit,but as far as i go i m almost gettin f..... Depressed it s 66 days now,c monnn when will this sufer end hey guys regards to alllll ya

Good evening friends we are still under the AP is 76 days and I have observed that every 20 days they make one update , it's very slow