• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

i am 12 weeks on AP now (85 days) the consulate will not tell me anything besides that your application is undergoing necessary administrative processing. This does not really feel like a lottery win....

i am 12 weeks on AP now (85 days) the consulate will not tell me anything besides that your application is undergoing necessary administrative processing. This does not really feel like a lottery win....
Hello friend be patient as we are in the same situation was 62 days in AP but can not do anything to get out of this nightmare , where are you from ?

To quote from the well published DV instruction information, which you surely are aware of:

"If you are selected, in order to receive a Diversity Visa to immigrate to the United States, you still must meet all eligibility requirements under U.S. law. These requirements may significantly increase the level of scrutiny required and time necessary for processing for visa applications of natives of some countries listed in this notice, including, but not limited to, countries identified as state sponsors of terrorism."

Very best of luck, you still have more than sufficient time to complete the process.

How many updates did you have and when was the last one,yea it s a nightmare

How many updates did you have and when was the last one,yea it s a nightmare

Do you think there is some magic number of updates that an AP case has to have to be approved? Let's say he answers 27. How many more updates does he need to be approved?

Do you think there is some magic number of updates that an AP case has to have to be approved? Let's say he answers 27. How many more updates does he need to be approved?

Simon,i respect you r work and knowledge but you are not allmighty i know 4 people that had 4 or 5 updates and then issued i m just asking a question don t be all hyped up you know it s frustrating for all of us,believe me it s not easy,and if i have 5 updates in January it s diffrent if somebody had just one in December right,so i wish you all the best take care

Simon,i respect you r work and knowledge but you are not allmighty i know 4 people that had 4 or 5 updates and then issued i m just asking a question don t be all hyped up you know it s frustrating for all of us,believe me it s not easy,and if i have 5 updates in January it s diffrent if somebody had just one in December right,so i wish you all the best take care

I know you are frustrated. I get that - really - I and others spend a lot of our own time trying to reduce that frustration - and we already have our Green Cards. So - I am am not trying to say I am "allmighty" - I'm just trying to get you to understand the point.

My point is, you are fixating on the updates, and by your questioning you will create or perpetuate a myth that the number of updates is somehow indicative of progress. It isn't. It is a waste of your time and energy even thinking about the updates - as I have said before, you should consider them meaningless.

I know you are frustrated. I get that - really - I and others spend a lot of our own time trying to reduce that frustration - and we already have our Green Cards. So - I am am not trying to say I am "allmighty" - I'm just trying to get you to understand the point.

My point is, you are fixating on the updates, and by your questioning you will create or perpetuate a myth that the number of updates is somehow indicative of progress. It isn't. It is a waste of your time and energy even thinking about the updates - as I have said before, you should consider them meaningless.

Ok,i respect you r honest answer i know you do have a lot of knowledge,as far as go about updates you probably right they don t mean nothing untill i said issued,fingers crossed I wish all the best to everbody have a nice evening

Ok,i respect you r honest answer i know you do have a lot of knowledge,as far as go about updates you probably right they don t mean nothing untill i said issued,fingers crossed I wish all the best to everbody have a nice evening

Yes indeed - the ISSUED update is one worth seeing! :)

Actually it's not necessarily. People are on AP for different reasons. One person might only "need" one or two updates before they are cleared while another might need 10. Very few people actually know why they are on AP unless it's the easy/obvious AP of a missing document.

I also wonder if the cases don't get updated every time someone contacts them (i.e. they are adding the latest email to the file), in which case the updates become even more meaningless.

ohhhhhhh God I am so worried and frustrated. It's been 62 days with no call, email and even status update. let God's mercy be upon us!

Hi Guys,

last week I received a call from the Consulate that they are finished with AP and I was instructed to submit our passports for visa issuance. I was really happy and sent the passports immediately. The Consulate received passports last Friday. Since then, there is a status update every day on CEAC but still no ISSUED message. The last update was today Feb 3. The only difference is that instead of all family members showing AP, now only the principal shows AP and the rest of family members Ready. I really do not understand why it still takes several days to issue the visas after they told me the AP is cleared. So I keep stressing out here.....

Hi Guys,

last week I received a call from the Consulate that they are finished with AP and I was instructed to submit our passports for visa issuance. I was really happy and sent the passports immediately. The Consulate received passports last Friday. Since then, there is a status update every day on CEAC but still no ISSUED message. The last update was today Feb 3. The only difference is that instead of all family members showing AP, now only the principal shows AP and the rest of family members Ready. I really do not understand why it still takes several days to issue the visas after they told me the AP is cleared. So I keep stressing out here.....

Relax. Think about something else for a week.