• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Fingers crossed for you.
Sept.30 after 239 on AP and visiting Consulate today delivering 2nd medical - status changed from AP to Issued !
Originally back in July they asked for waver because of something trivial . 3 days ago lawyer finally got an answer that I was clear to proceed. Getting 2nd medical in 2 days almost gave me heart attack. Was begging in doctor's office in Toronto yesterday but they said it is up to the lab and about 4PM after numerous calls to the lab someone agreed to give my blood sample a test and I got result within 15 min. Booked expensive flight to Montreal. went to sleep - woke up - went to consulate - gave them the passport and medical and was told to leave. Had a good feeling about it because they were expecting me however was not 100% sure.
Long story but I am drained right now to write about this. I think I go get drunk before I hit a flight back home.

Sept.30 after 239 on AP and visiting Consulate today delivering 2nd medical - status changed from AP to Issued !
Originally back in July they asked for waver because of something trivial . 3 days ago lawyer finally got an answer that I was clear to proceed. Getting 2nd medical in 2 days almost gave me heart attack. Was begging in doctor's office in Toronto yesterday but they said it is up to the lab and about 4PM after numerous calls to the lab someone agreed to give my blood sample a test and I got result within 15 min. Booked expensive flight to Montreal. went to sleep - woke up - went to consulate - gave them the passport and medical and was told to leave. Had a good feeling about it because they were expecting me however was not 100% sure.
Long story but I am drained right now to write about this. I think I go get drunk before I hit a flight back home.

I have been checking this site all day to see this post. Congratulations! Talk about hustle!

This is good news, congratulations. Unfortunate that your wife wasn't finally able to complete the DV process with you as DV 2. Of course you will be able to sponsor her as LPR, however there will be some waiting time and cost involved in the process. Your lawyer will be happy. Nevertheless, the first important step is done. Congratulations again!

waaaww Big news!!Congratulations guys!:) I'm extremely happy for you. Miracles happened again on the last day of the FY, such a happy ending for this thread ;)

Ok let me post a non specific post then.
I would not like to see posters on this forum being made to panic for no reason.
There are years of AP threads on this forum, for those who are new now. You may want to go back and look at them. Plenty people did not know why they were on AP. Plenty people were on AP for months. Plenty got cleared in the last month of the fiscal year.
So let me say generally to posters here, press don't allow yourself to be panicked unnecessarily.

Here is an example from last year's thread....posted on September 30. Had been on AP for 9 months, cleared right at the end of the fiscal year. Heart-stopping timing indeed, but he got his visa.

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-ap-related-cases.324748/page-15#post-2417818

Read back further through the thread if you want, there weren't many posters active (about half x less pages in the whole thread than we already have in this thread so far this year) yet we had there a few cleared in the last couple of weeks of September, one other had been on AP since April, can't remember the others. You guys can feel free to go back and search 2013, 2014 threads too. I remember one or both of them were very active. Same kind of stories. Definite appearance of a rush to clear DV AP in September. You guys still have plenty of time for AP to be cleared, frustrating as it is to wait there is still plenty of reason for optimism rather than panic at this stage.

I'm going to allow myself a bit of "told you so" here ;). Glad the panic days are over and time for relief!

Guys I just find out that the paper with the instructions on how to pay the green card fee is missed from my visa package, any reply on what I should do?

Thanks Susie but do you mean I don't need to ask the embassy for the paper? I mean don't I need it for the payment process and all later?

All you need is the dos and a-number which are your case number/on the visa. The payment process is all online so no you don't need any physical papers to complete it.

Hello,

I have been on AP and I went for my interview on June 6th. The fiscal year has ended but it still says AP when I check. What does this mean.

Hello,

I have been on AP and I went for my interview on June 6th. The fiscal year has ended but it still says AP when I check. What does this mean.

If it's still showing AP, it most likely mean it's the end of the road. Assuming the embassy doesn't currently have your passports, then it definitely means it's over, I'm sorry to say. The status will remain as AP.

Hello,

If they did not approve the case by yesterday, the case cannot be approved now. The status may remain on AP or move to refused. But it is over.

If it's still showing AP, it most likely mean it's the end of the road. Assuming the embassy doesn't currently have your passports, then it definitely means it's over, I'm sorry to say. The status will remain as AP.
The embassy still has my passport