• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

My husband is a military policeman, may be that's the reason....
Congratulations to all who have received their IV and praying the remaining ones.
Last week I received a call from US embassy to bring copy of Affidavit support for my husband file which I do the following day. His case is still under AP. Do you think he has any chance?
It will be really difficult for me to immigrate alone to the US. If I go to US when can start to file a petition for him.
Thank you in anticipation for your help as always.

Congratulations to all who have received their IV and praying the remaining ones.
Last week I received a call from US embassy to bring copy of Affidavit support for my husband file which I do the following day. His case is still under AP. Do you think he has any chance?
It will be really difficult for me to immigrate alone to the US. If I go to US when can start to file a petition for him.

Was the affidavit of support completed by a US resident and accompanied by appropriate supporting documents?

If this were the case, solely to respond to your question - and you certainly have not reached this outcome at this time - you sponsoring your husband as LPR would classify your USCIS filing under Family-Sponsored Preferences F2A - 'Spouses and Children of Permanent Residents' - latest VB may provide preliminary indications:
https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...etin/2017/visa-bulletin-for-october-2016.html Clock starts ticking from the official I-130 USCIS Receipt Date:
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/petition/file.html
But again, the US Consulate seems to be working on your husbands DV case - hence presumably the requested I-134. Very best of luck!

Last edited:
If this were the case, solely to respond to your question - and you certainly have not reached this outcome at this time - you sponsoring your husband as LPR would classify your USCIS filing under Family-Sponsored Preferences F2A - 'Spouses and Children of Permanent Residents' - latest VB may provide preliminary indications:
https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...etin/2017/visa-bulletin-for-october-2016.html Clock starts ticking from the official I-130 USCIS Receipt Date.
But again, the US Consulate seems to be working on your husbands DV case - hence presumably the requested I-134. Very best of luck!
Thanks Euro, hope we find a happy issue for his case. Fingers crossed

Hi guys I just received my passport with the visa stamped on it, in the instructions it says we don't "charge any fee for social security "
what the immigrant fee is for? if that is for the green card, do we need to pay it soon?

Thanks Euro, hope we find a happy issue for his case. Fingers crossed
Best of luck.....

Regarding my case under AP for degree verification ..... Embassy called yesterday and asked for my degree copy again via email as they said they missed placed it !!!!!
CEAC status updated countinously from 17,18,19,20,21,22 ,,,,seems they are working on it every day .... Hope for best inshalah ..... Feeling relax a bit .....

Hi guys I just received my passport with the visa stamped on it, in the instructions it says we don't "charge any fee for social security "
what the immigrant fee is for? if that is for the green card, do we need to pay it soon?

i think you can make the online GC payment either before or after you land in the US and since the one you have is valid for one year you can relax now...

Guys let me tell you something interesting, while I first check my visa in my passport the US embassy here in Ethiopia has wrongly stamped other person's visa on it and canceled it latter, I was Really shoked at first but got a relief when I see mine on the next page. BTW super moderators do you think it's a problem?

Yes, the affidavit support has all documents (income taxe documents)
My husband case has been updated today but after us embassy hours of work. Do you think it's a good sign?
Is DOS also make update on Ceac, thought US embassy staff are the only ones.
Thanks for your reply.
All the best

Guys let me tell you something interesting, while I first check my visa in my passport the US embassy here in Ethiopia has wrongly stamped other person's visa on it and canceled it latter, I was Really shoked at first but got a relief when I see mine on the next page. BTW super moderators do you think it's a problem?

No, it won't be a problem.

Very best of luck this week to everyone currently still on AP, leading up to this Friday's DV-2016 deadline!

no idea what going on,,,,,,, still on AP

Regarding my case under AP for degree verification ..... Embassy called few days back and asked for my degree copy again via email as they said they missed placed it !!!!!
CEAC status updated continuously from 17,18,19,20,21,22,25,26,27 ,,,,

here is todays reply from embassy

------------------------------------
Dear ,

Thank you for your Sep. 26, 2016 email. We regret to inform you that your diversity visa applications are still undergoing administrative review. Unfortunately, we cannot predict if the review will be completed prior DV program ends i.e., Sep. 30, 2016. We will contact you after review is completed.

We hope this information will helpful to you.

Communication Unit

Consular Section ABU Dhabi
--------------------------------------------

Hope you will be cleared before deadline. Is your passport with the US embassy?
For my husband I no longer have a hope because they returned his passport.
Feeling very sad

no idea what going on,,,,,,, still on AP

Regarding my case under AP for degree verification ..... Embassy called few days back and asked for my degree copy again via email as they said they missed placed it !!!!!
CEAC status updated continuously from 17,18,19,20,21,22,25,26,27 ,,,,

here is todays reply from embassy

------------------------------------
Dear ,

Thank you for your Sep. 26, 2016 email. We regret to inform you that your diversity visa applications are still undergoing administrative review. Unfortunately, we cannot predict if the review will be completed prior DV program ends i.e., Sep. 30, 2016. We will contact you after review is completed.

We hope this information will helpful to you.

Communication Unit

Consular Section ABU Dhabi
--------------------------------------------
Yes, this unfortunately is a scenario folks remaining on AP at present are facing and which we talked about on this forum many months back. Very best of luck!

No passports are with us since two months
Same like my husband.
Dear moderators,
Can an individual be issued a visa without his passport being at US embassy. I mean would it be possible a case status change status from AP to issued on September 30 if the passport is not at us embassy.
Thanks for your reply

Same like my husband.
Dear moderators,
Can an individual be issued a visa without his passport being at US embassy. I mean would it be possible a case status change status from AP to issued on September 30 if the passport is not at us embassy.
Thanks for your reply
I would not say it is impossible, yet unfortunately I personally have never heard of this happening (which does not mean at all it has not happened before, of course!). The issuing processing for those cases normally works in principle as follows:

- Request to return passport to Consulate and, if necessary, to renew medical
- Consulate requests DV Visa number (if required and not assigned to case, already)
- DV visa is approved in internal Consulate System with assigned visa number
- Online Status (after some iterations) finally reports 'Issued'
- DV IV is printed and included in passport (this may happen after 09/30 deadline)
- Passport with IV is being returned, in line with established process of respective Consulate.

Last edited:
Th
I would not say it is impossible, yet unfortunately I personally have never heard of this happening (which does not mean at all it has not happened before, of course!). The issuing processing for those cases normally works in principle as follows:

- Request to return passport to Consulate and, if necessary, to renew medical
- Consulate requests DV Visa number (if required and not assigned to case, already)
- DV visa is approved in internal Consulate System with assigned visa number
- Online Status (after some iterations) finally reports 'Issued'
- DV IV is printed and included in passport (this may happen after 09/30 deadline)
- Passport with IV is being returned, in line with established process of respective Consulate.
Thanks for your reply, very helpful. This said, sound our chance are little...