• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015

Muawia

First I would like to thank the moderators for their valuable information that they share with all and responding to every one with such great professional manner.

I have three questions .

1) My CN is 2015AF00011xxx ,how is my interview chances and when to expect it ?

2) How to file the form I-864 ? I mean by just getting it filled and signed by the petitioner's domicile will be fine ?or there are others procedures to follow .

3) One of my police clearance certificate has three month validity, and it is expired now ( I made it on May 2015), shall I request an other one ? please note that I haven't been in that Country since 2008 .

Thank you in advance

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/affidavit-support

How to File an Affidavit of Support

You, the sponsor, should complete Form I-864 when your relative has been scheduled for an immigrant visa interview with a consular officer overseas or when your relative is about to submit an application for adjustment to permanent resident status with the USCIS or with an Immigration Court in the United States. If you have a joint sponsor, they must also complete Form I-864. If you are using the income of other household members to qualify, then each household member who is accepting legal responsibility for supporting your relative must complete a separate Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member.

You are required to provide your U.S. federal income tax return for the most recent tax year as well as proof of current employment. If you were not required to file a tax return in any of these years you must provide an explanation. Failure to provide the tax return or evidence establishing that you were not required to file will delay action on your relative's application for permanent residence. If this information is not provided, this will result in denial of an immigrant visa or adjustment of status.

When you have completed the affidavit of support, compiled the necessary documentation, and had the affidavit notarized in the United States or before a U.S. consular or immigration officer, you should provide this packet of information to your relative to submit with his or her application for permanent resident status. If you are given specific instructions to file your affidavit of support directly with the National Visa Center, you should follow those instructions.

You as a DV selectee have no business filing an I-864. The applicable AOS for DV cases is form I-134!

It doesn't matter wether you're a U.S. resident or not, I-864 IS NOT applicable to DV applicants![/QUO

Thank you for the clarifications.
Do I need to submit along with my other documents at the interview the original signed I-134 form or sacanned copy will do ?

Would you please advise me on my other two questions ? (1 and 3).

Thank you

Assuming I have not misread your CN and it is 11xxx, and you're not from Egypt or Ethiopia, then your CN is already current for Nov. However all those scheduled to interview in November already received their interview notice in Sept. So if you did not get an email notification about your 2NL and you've checked the ESC site and the letter isn't uploaded yet, that means you submitted your DS-260 form late and KCC didn't get to process it before the November list was released. Provide us with more information as to when your DS form was submitted.

Regarding your 2nd question, usually if you haven't been back to the country with the expired PCC you should be okay. However, if it's possible to get a more recent PCC before your interview date I would suggest you get it.

Assuming I have not misread your CN and it is 11xxx, and you're not from Egypt or Ethiopia, then your CN is already current for Nov. However all those scheduled to interview in November already received their interview notice in Sept. So if you did not get an email notification about your 2NL and you've checked the ESC site and the letter isn't uploaded yet, that means you submitted your DS-260 form late and KCC didn't get to process it before the November list was released. Provide us with more information as to when your DS form was submitted.

Regarding your 2nd question, usually if you haven't been back to the country with the expired PCC you should be okay. However, if it's possible to get a more recent PCC before your interview date I would suggest you get it.

I'm from Sudan ,and I haven't receive notification for 2Nl. Just now I checked ESC, no letter uploaded only the first one winning notification. I submitted my DS-260 on 21 May,2014 and completed my family one on 22 May,2014 . I got worried now what you suggest me to do ?

Thank you

I'm from Sudan ,and I haven't receive notification for 2Nl. Just now I checked ESC, no letter uploaded only the first one winning notification. I submitted my DS-260 on 21 May,2014 and completed my family one on 22 May,2014 . I got worried now what you suggest me to do ?

Thank you

You cannot "do" anything except wait. I believe 2NLs will be going out very shortly - and at that point you should receive your appointment details. A bit more patience.....

Thank you

In that case you have to wait for the next round of notification letters that should be going out shortly, or you can give KCC a call directly and ask them.

In that case you have to wait for the next round of notification letters that should be going out shortly, or you can give KCC a call directly and ask them.
Thank you very much , your post alerted me , I will try to make a call .

I got my interview notification email today. It is scheduled for first Dec.2014 . I wish good luck to all others who are waiting for their letters.