• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hello, I am a DV 2015 winner from asia. My number is close to 12xxx. I feel weird about this number and feel I may not have a chance. Is it possible to re-apply for DV 2016 for me and my husband? Is it illegal to do so? Will I lose my current entry? Thanks

Yes you can re-apply - it is not illegal - we have several members that won two years in a row.

Is it really important to know at the time of your visa interview where you are going to go in the USA and what you are going to do in terms of your employment ? If someone has no relatives or friends but has sufficient funds to prove that they will be be able to maintain themselves and avoid becoming a public charge, is that sufficient ? Logically, you cannot book any accommodation or plan on anything unless you know that you have the visa anyway.

Please read this about overcoming the "public charge" requirements

http://britsimonsays.com/?p=56

November last year,its not a matter of remembering susie I have his docs.

So he had a case number of 2014 68xxx, he got sent his 2NL in October 2013 and interviewed in November 2013? What embassy? Did he get a visa?
Would you mind posting his full CN so we can double check? I would ask you to PM me but the private message function doesn't seem to be working. You can edit your post to remove the CN once I have it. Thanks

Last edited:
Hello
So my friend's interview is on the 27th of this month (few days from now), he lost his passport few days ago, but he managed to get a new one, the thing is the new passport is with different number, he has a copy of the old one, so is it safe for him, does he has to attach the old passport copy with the new one or no need for that?

Hello
So my friend's interview is on the 27th of this month (few days from now), he lost his passport few days ago, but he managed to get a new one, the thing is the new passport is with different number, he has a copy of the old one, so it safe for him, does he has to attach the old passport copy with the new one or no need for that?

As long as he has a valid passport it's fine. Lots of people get new passports between submitting forms and interview.

Ok maybe john kamau is not online but now silent that we have asked for a way to prove it.
I did some random searches manually - somewhat tiresome due to all the "no data" due to people not returning their forms- but of about 15 af68xxx cases i found it was interesting that they were all processed in September 2014 (despite the number current in August). One family of 9 from DRC got their visas on 29 Sept!! The rest were all refused or no-shows and all early Sept 2014.
I wait with eagerness for the af68xxx who had an interview nearly a year before everyone else with the same number...

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to all the winners. I am new here as well and have an interesting situation that I would like some input on. My case number is in the low 300's -SA3XX. I realized I won the dv lottery on 9th May and hired a lawyer in late June/early July. My lawyer, however, did not file my D-260 until late September which is kind of stressing me out now that I read how early everyone else submitted theirs. I completed 4 years of college and have been working in the US for almost 4 years now so she plans on filing the I-485 Adjustment of Status. She has also not done so yet! I plan to call her every day of next week to ensure everything is submitted during this coming week so I can be scheduled for an interview asap. What makes my case a little more "special" is that my boyfriend of 7 years and I plan to move up our marriage so that we can both receive Green Cards at the same time as opposed to dealing with the pain, cost and waiting a year down the road which is when we did originally plan to marry. My boyfriend went to college in the US, did his Master's here and worked here physically for one year. We lived together, however, he is now working aboard for a year for his company's foreign office. We intend on marrying next month, before the interview and my lawyer will notify KCC of my change in marital status. I hope this will not be too big of an issue. We have evidence of our long standing relationship, apartment lease is together, joint bank account, pictures in each other's country, letters, photos from college etc. My main concern is that the lawyer is saying that he cannot attend the interview here with me in the US, instead he will have to do it in his home country. Is this correct? That sounds strange to me since I would assume we should be interviewed as a couple to test the consistency of our answers etc. Please advise is that is true. I get the feeling that we the first set of dv lottery clients for my lawyer and want a second opinion on what she says. She also advised that I can only conduct my interview in the US based on adjustment of status, or in my home country under consular processing. Is it not possible to conduct the interview under consular processing in a third country so that if my husband is not able to interview in the US, then I can travel to his home country so we can be interviewed as a couple.

Also, since everything was submitted so late, any idea if visas will be left by the time our interview comes around. From the thread, I am understanding that we probably won't be called for an interview until 3 months or so from the time I submit my I-485 and other forms. I know last year they ran out of visas pretty quickly. Please, any advise is GREATLY appreciate!! I haven't been able to sleep the past few nights. With all the money we are paying, and the waiting game, it's stressful.

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to all the winners. I am new here as well and have an interesting situation that I would like some input on. My case number is in the low 300's -SA3XX. I realized I won the dv lottery on 9th May and hired a lawyer in late June/early July. My lawyer, however, did not file my D-260 until late September which is kind of stressing me out now that I read how early everyone else submitted theirs. I completed 4 years of college and have been working in the US for almost 4 years now so she plans on filing the I-485 Adjustment of Status. She has also not done so yet! I plan to call her every day of next week to ensure everything is submitted during this coming week so I can be scheduled for an interview asap. What makes my case a little more "special" is that my boyfriend of 7 years and I plan to move up our marriage so that we can both receive Green Cards at the same time as opposed to dealing with the pain, cost and waiting a year down the road which is when we did originally plan to marry. My boyfriend went to college in the US, did his Master's here and worked here physically for one year. We lived together, however, he is now working aboard for a year for his company's foreign office. We intend on marrying next month, before the interview and my lawyer will notify KCC of my change in marital status. I hope this will not be too big of an issue. We have evidence of our long standing relationship, apartment lease is together, joint bank account, pictures in each other's country, letters, photos from college etc. My main concern is that the lawyer is saying that he cannot attend the interview here with me in the US, instead he will have to do it in his home country. Is this correct? That sounds strange to me since I would assume we should be interviewed as a couple to test the consistency of our answers etc. Please advise is that is true. I get the feeling that we the first set of dv lottery clients for my lawyer and want a second opinion on what she says. She also advised that I can only conduct my interview in the US based on adjustment of status, or in my home country under consular processing. Is it not possible to conduct the interview under consular processing in a third country so that if my husband is not able to interview in the US, then I can travel to his home country so we can be interviewed as a couple.

Also, since everything was submitted so late, any idea if visas will be left by the time our interview comes around. From the thread, I am understanding that we probably won't be called for an interview until 3 months or so from the time I submit my I-485 and other forms. I know last year they ran out of visas pretty quickly. Please, any advise is GREATLY appreciate!! I haven't been able to sleep the past few nights. With all the money we are paying, and the waiting game, it's stressful.

Please ditch your lawyer, then go to the AOS thread here. Read through it, very importantly read the spreadsheet linked in the first post, and sm1smom will help you with anything not answered in there yet. You are probably right your lawyer is using you as guinea pigs but charging you for the "privilege".... There are some things definitely plain wrong eg that your boyfriend cannot do CP in a third country.

Thank you!!!! I have paid her half the fees but will ask for her services to cease as she hasn't done anything other than submit the ds-260. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

Why on earth are you paying a lawyer to do something that they clearly have no knowledge of??? The first thing I would do (personally) is fire the lawyer. However, your call. Adjustment of status is slightly more complex than CP - but most of us do AoS without a lawyer (the forms are simple, the process is straightforward and we have a secret weapon - Sm1smom!). Obviously your case it a little more complex with the spouse on a follow to join plan (although you could CP, and contrary to what your lawyer says, many people do CP in a third country).

By the way, not only has your lawyer given you bad/incorrect advice. They have also slowed the whole thing up, because you could have filed your I485 already (in August actually). Take responsibility for your own case, take a few hours to learn how to do this and most important - read this thread starting at the very first post which has links to explain everything!

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-aos-only.7/

Hi everyone,

Like Susie and Simon have said, ditch your lawyer like a hot potato. Also start by going over the DV2015 AOS thread and the AOS spreadsheet for a good understanding of the AOS proces, and post subsequent questions on that thread. Right now though, I don't think the late submission of your DS form has impacted your case negatively. As a matter of fact if I was your lawyer I would have suggested you got married first before even submitting the DS form since you're processing follow-to-join to ensure KCC is aware of your new status and forward your case file to the applicable embassy following your own interview with USCIS. Don't engage USCIS or submit your I-485 packag until you've taken care of the marriage aspect.

By the way, not only has your lawyer given you bad/incorrect advice. They have also slowed the whole thing up, because you could have filed your I485 already (in August actually). Take responsibility for your own case, take a few hours to learn how to do this and most important - read this thread starting at the very first post which has links to explain everything!

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-aos-only.7/

The lawyer's lack of DV knowledge is a blessing in disguise for the OP. If the I-485 had been submitted in August, the OP would have had to submit it with a "Single" marital status which is likely to create some difficulties if she then ask at the time of the interview for her case file to be forwarded to the applicable US embassy for the new spouse to process F-T-J.

The lawyer's lack of DV knowledge is a blessing in disguise for the OP. If the I-485 had been submitted in August, the OP would have had to submit it with a "Single" marital status which is likely to create some difficulties if she then ask at the time of the interview for her case file to be forwarded to the applicable US embassy for the new spouse to process F-T-J.

True.

dear all
i have a question may be looks strange ....
some people said in interview the officer asked them how many times you entered for dv lottery
actually i won after 19 years of applying for dvlottery..... (those days u had to post letter to register...i wonder anybody remember ..... )
i'm wondering is good or bad... :)
i know we have to tell the truth & i'll go to tell the truth
but any opinion it has advantage or disadvantage for my visa

o_O
thx for your opinion Susie
but feel this question is so strange when sth doesnt make any sence why they ask so

The CO can ask any question they deem necessary and it doesn't have to make any sense to the petitioner/applicant. What matters is truthfully answering whatever question is asked.

Well, an essential factor is job availability. Do some research into which US cities have a particular industry, and a good offer of jobs that you can aim for. Another aspect people value is the climate/weather. Think about it.

Immigrant Visa Case No.: DV2014EU00014xxx
Entered lottery: Oct 7th, '12
Entry Status check: May 1st, 2013
Forms sent to KCC: May 13th, 2013 confirmed by KCC via e-mail
Medicals: June 16th, 2014
Interview Date: June 17th, 2014
Interview Status: Successful - Vissa Issued
POE: JFK
SSN Arrived: xx.xx.2014
GC Arrived: xx.xx.201x
Citizenship: xx.xx.201x

Can you tell me please the web site, where did you find your report status ?

I sent DS-260 on August, 25th, and would like to track status of my application

thanks in adv