• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Thank you so much, Britsimon, that helps very much!
We'll do exactly how you suggest to do.
A question about affidavit: do we have to take an english or a french notaire? If he's french, it had to be translated anyway by an accredited english translator, right? Does it has to recall the O net database as "creative writer" in the affidavit? Is it better to get also letters of recommendations, critical reviewed in the press, and so on? The future contracts in the domain (creative writer) get after the selection would it help also?
I will also, as you suggest, give my own educational levels. In the first demand in october, I put "high school" because it doesn't mean the same in France, Highschool here is not the first level of degree but the higher. The equivalence is for 5 years after Highschool : is it called Master Degree or university Degree? Do I have to correct it on the ds-260 and give evidences of it? Fo I have also to be certain of the good perception of our case as a couple, to present also affidavits of my publishers or is it not necessary?
You are (and will) of a GREAT help.
The people behind their computers of US Green Card Global https://www.greencard-us.org told us "No problem, there is no issue, you'll get without issue cause 99% of people we present on the Green Card lottery since 2002 got it without issue, just wait for the interview", wich does' seems very serious to me.
What do you thing of all that staff, Sir? ;)

Another thing, affidavit is an US legal procedure that we don't have in France. I don't know how I could find the equivalence in order to be in a right way...

Thank you so much, Britsimon, that helps very much!
We'll do exactly how you suggest to do.
A question about affidavit: do we have to take an english or a french notaire? If he's french, it had to be translated anyway by an accredited english translator, right? Does it has to recall the O net database as "creative writer" in the affidavit? Is it better to get also letters of recommendations, critical reviewed in the press, and so on? The future contracts in the domain (creative writer) get after the selection would it help also?
I will also, as you suggest, give my own educational levels. In the first demand in october, I put "high school" because it doesn't mean the same in France, Highschool here is not the first level of degree but the higher. The equivalence is for 5 years after Highschool : is it called Master Degree or university Degree? Do I have to correct it on the ds-260 and give evidences of it? Fo I have also to be certain of the good perception of our case as a couple, to present also affidavits of my publishers or is it not necessary?
You are (and will) of a GREAT help.
The people behind their computers of US Green Card Global https://www.greencard-us.org told us "No problem, there is no issue, you'll get without issue cause 99% of people we present on the Green Card lottery since 2002 got it without issue, just wait for the interview", wich does' seems very serious to me.
What do you thing of all that staff, Sir? ;)

Edouard, try and align your efforts toward the ONet database description. That will help them make the connection.

If you are interviewing in France everything can be in French.

With your points above about High School, I am now wondering whether you are confused about the standard we are talking about that you said your wife had not reached the standard.

In the USA, High school is completed usually at 18. The next step for American kids is a college degree (referred to as University in most English speaking countries). So did your wife attend school until 18, or was she younger. What level did she achieve, and what level is she just completing (that you have described as high school). I just want to confirm we have been talking about the same thing...

You're right, Britsimon, I confused myself on the beginning. But my wife leaved school for family reasons before 18 and so didn't had the opportunity to pass her Highschool by this time, as most of young people do. In France they created the "DAEU" wich is an absolute equivalent of High School (in US definition) open to people older than 18 and who want to continue their studies in University. She will get it for shure, with a good level (between 15 or 17/20), but only in july 2014. That's the problem!
Concerning the O database, I had an eye around but the definitions of the job is not exactly the same than in France. For instance, in the US you "have to write a good English", in France, this is a "good French". And so on…
So, as you said before, we have to focus on this creative working thing.
She has 5 contracts of editing (as a co-writer, me being the second one) signed in 2010 and 2011, for 5 books published. The first contract was signed in june 2010, the last in july 2011 but how you know you need about a year to write the book. So the last of the 5 was published in september 2012. So between june 2010 (first contract signed) and the publication of the last one (september 2012), you have 2 years and 3 months.
I would like to know in fact in wich terms the editor will have to explain this in a so-called "affidavit"…
Thanks again, Sir!

Thanks for explaining about the education. So that makes sense.

No need to take onet literally, just understand it is the and understanding of the work being performed.

Google translate says an affidavit is a "déclaration écrite sous serment". However it is really just a document that someone signs in front of a notary to have it witnessed, and to declare it is the truth.

I do not have a close relative in the US who serve as my sponsor. what shall i do?

There are other ways to show how you will support yourself. Savings, assets and so on. You should be able to show you have around $10000 per adult. If you can do that, you don't need a sponsor.

well thank you for the tip Britsimon, but i don't have that much money too

Then you should try and find a sponsor if you can.

However, you also need to be realistic. You will need money for the fees, the air travel, expenses when you Arrive before you can ge a job. You can't start work until you have a SSN - so how will you survive during that time?

Good day everyone! We just found out my husband's been selected for DV2015! YAY!!! As we legally reside in the US thanks to my G4 visa (UN worker's visa) we will go for an adjustment of status (AOS). My questions are:
1. What specific steps would we take starting with filling the DS-260?
2. Also his number is relatively low for Africa 2015AF13XX, so can we expect an interview as soon as the fiscal year starts in October 2014?
3. If my G4 visa expires in November 2014, possibly after we are interviewed will we be able to remain in the US and wait for the green cards or would we have to leave?
3. Looks like our processing office is Newark, NJ and it experiences delays. Would a lawyer help expedite the process?
Thanks in advance for your answers and for all your help, you guys are great!

What does my visa interview date depend on? Is it the case number or the date I submitted the ds260? I read it on several law portals that the green cards will be given on a first-come, first-served basis (referring to the ds260). It's a bit confusing. Thanks!

What does my visa interview date depend on? Is it the case number or the date I submitted the ds260? I read it on several law portals that the green cards will be given on a first-come, first-served basis (referring to the ds260). It's a bit confusing. Thanks!

It is mostly to do with the case number.

Hello everyone. My sister's case number is AS56xx. Per your expert guesstimate, what do you think her chances are and when do you think she will have her interview? Thank you!!

I have been randomly selected for DV Lottery 2015, Unfortunately I did not include one daughter on original entry form. Questions are:
1- If I fill out the form i-260, could I register her name on Form i-260? But when I interview with consular officer whether or not I can tell consular officer that she is my daughter, but she will not accompany me, Is it OK to answer like that?
2- Does consular officer disqualify me of VISA eligibility in the above case?
3- Can I keep her in my country until 2 years and then take her to USA?
4- My friend is living in USA, he has filled out the form i-134 (Affidavit of Support) and signed it, but he is not sure where to file. Would the form i-134 be necessary to be certified by any authority in USA?

I have been randomly selected for DV Lottery 2015, Unfortunately I did not include one daughter on original entry form. Questions are:
1- If I fill out the form i-260, could I register her name on Form i-260? But when I interview with consular officer whether or not I can tell consular officer that she is my daughter, but she will not accompany me, Is it OK to answer like that?
2- Does consular officer disqualify me of VISA eligibility in the above case?
3- Can I keep her in my country until 2 years and then take her to USA?
4- My friend is living in USA, he has filled out the form i-134 (Affidavit of Support) and signed it, but he is not sure where to file. Would the form i-134 be necessary to be certified by any authority in USA?

Why did you not include your daughter? How old is she?

If your child is under 21, and if they know you have this child that was not on the original entry you will be disqualified.

The rules (9 FAM 42.33 N6.6 state:

"c. You must deny the applications of registrants who list on their Form DS-260,
Online Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, a spouse or child
who was not included in their initial entry, unless such spouse or child was
acquired subsequent to submission of qualifying DV entry. "

If you do not list her and later you try and bring her in to the USA for immigration they will go back to your original paperwork and see that you committed fraud.

Because she was 1 year old at the time of DV lottery 2015 application. Moreover, I want her to further learn my original language and culture. In case that my daughter is not entitled to register on Form-DS 260, how will I be able to bring her to USA in the future ? any advice?