• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hi to all,

I am writing from Europe .
I filled out DS - 260 form on August, 25th.

Still didn't' get any e-mail from KCC.
I have some questions

1. when you receive e-mail from KCC, what is in the subject and sender ? I just want to be sure,that my spam filter do not make mess and problem, and put that mail, somehow, in junk folder
2. I was told that there is some web site where I can check out, about availability and to see the current status . Can you please give me the full address of that web site ?

3. I still didn't get any feedback from KCC. By now is 7 weeks as I sent my application. When can I expect to get confirmation mail is everything OK with my application, and about the date of scheduled interview in embassy ? my case number is 2015EU00007xxx

many thanks for help in advance

1. I haven't gotten my second letter yet but I believe the email would be kccdv@state.gov (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).
2. the website is www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. But you won't see any update until they have finished processing your forms and scheduled an interview for you.
3. People have reported delays of up to 4 months. KCC has a backlog and processing the forms seems to be taking longer than usual. I submitted mine 11 weeks ago, current for November but haven't been able to get an interview for neither November nor December as they haven't finished processing my forms.
Your number is current for October but your forms were submitted too late to get an interview when current. Given the current speed of processing, I'd say your interview MIGHT be scheduled for February in which case you will be notified in December.

I haven't received a notification either as of yet about the interview and my number is before Bleri's (EU10XXX), DS 260 was submitted on 19 May.
Utopia, I think with AS2XXX your number was current in October - in September they were still doing the interviews for the 2014 winners.
Wish you a great day dear fellow forum-dwellers!:)
Hi Sunshine15,
Let's say that in my case you are the reference point :)
Your CN is current in December (like mine is) but you are nearly 1000 nr lower (so i guess your interview will be scheduled earlier than mine).
Can you pls keep us updated with your interview status when you get your 2NL :)
Thnxxxx & best of luck!

Hi Sunshine15,
Let's say that in my case you are the reference point :)
Your CN is current in December (like mine is) but you are nearly 1000 nr lower (so i guess your interview will be scheduled earlier than mine).
Can you pls keep us updated with your interview status when you get your 2NL :)
Thnxxxx & best of luck!

Hi Bleri, of course, I will certainly let you and the other forum members know once I get the 2NL - reading all the information posted here about the KCC delays and how the DS 260 submission dates influence processing definitely helps me as well (keep my expectations in check). Wish you good luck too, I hope everything will go smoothly! :)

Don't get too hung up on that - it doesn't affect your application - so just choose something close.
Thanks a lot. I guess I am one of those who DS260 makes feel extra pedantic. How about previous employers, I have one that moved to a different address, do I put new or original address where I worked? How about a previous employer that does not exist anymore, do I still put in the address and the phone number that are no longer valid or do I check "not known" box?

dear all
in our persian furom all of us were expecting to receive the 2nd letters for december interview friday night(17 October) but still no news of KCC....!!!!!!!
anybody any opinion ???...........
is this delay normal?
one of us has called KCC they have told they r working on interview schedule and should wait from
now till 31 October to receive notification...................!!!!!!...........

thx for any opinion.....

dear all
in our persian furom all of us were expecting to receive the 2nd letters for december interview friday night(17 October) but still no news of KCC....!!!!!!!
anybody any opinion ???...........
is this delay normal?
one of us has called KCC they have told they r working on interview schedule and should wait from
now till 31 October to receive notification...................!!!!!!...........

thx for any opinion.....
Not all of us laleh , we said hope that receive on these days !Lottery is a program that you can't find a exact time on it.;)

Last edited:
Hey there, my apologies if this is not the appropriate thread for this question, but here goes:
I applied for the 2015 DV Lottery without ever thinking I would really stand a chance to get a Green Card. However, it turns out I do have a very low Case Number and I might end up getting one after all if everything goes well with the interview. Now my question is this- for someone that didn't initially plan on moving to the US and don't really have contacts there (nor a possible job lined up), where do I start with planning where to go in the US? There are 50 different states and countless cities and it really is a bit overwhelming if you think about it. I'm currently a university student and still single, so I guess that makes it easier, but I just wondered if there is someone that is already in the US that came out of a similar situation. I would appreciate any advice! Thanks :)

1. I haven't gotten my second letter yet but I believe the email would be kccdv@state.gov (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).
2. the website is www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. But you won't see any update until they have finished processing your forms and scheduled an interview for you.
3. People have reported delays of up to 4 months. KCC has a backlog and processing the forms seems to be taking longer than usual. I submitted mine 11 weeks ago, current for November but haven't been able to get an interview for neither November nor December as they haven't finished processing my forms.
Your number is current for October but your forms were submitted too late to get an interview when current. Given the current speed of processing, I'd say your interview MIGHT be scheduled for February in which case you will be notified in December.

Hi Sammy,

many thanks for your answer.

but where did you get report for your case ?

I followed site www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC ,and entered data under I was registered, but I don't see report like yours ? I just see one page, with information that I was selected for further processing.

and that's all I can see on that page ?

and of course, there is a web link, for DS-260 (which I already filled in)

have a nice day

Well, an essential factor is job availability. Do some research into which US cities have a particular industry, and a good offer of jobs that you can aim for. Another aspect people value is the climate/weather. Think about it.

Hi Sammy,

many thanks for your answer.

but where did you get report for your case ?

I followed site www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC ,and entered data under I was registered, but I don't see report like yours ? I just see one page, with information that I was selected for further processing.

and that's all I can see on that page ?

and of course, there is a web link, for DS-260 (which I already filled in)

have a nice day

Once your interview is scheduled, the interview details will replace the "selected" letter. So - you checked the right place, you just don't have the appointment yet.

Hey there, my apologies if this is not the appropriate thread for this question, but here goes:
I applied for the 2015 DV Lottery without ever thinking I would really stand a chance to get a Green Card. However, it turns out I do have a very low Case Number and I might end up getting one after all if everything goes well with the interview. Now my question is this- for someone that didn't initially plan on moving to the US and don't really have contacts there (nor a possible job lined up), where do I start with planning where to go in the US? There are 50 different states and countless cities and it really is a bit overwhelming if you think about it. I'm currently a university student and still single, so I guess that makes it easier, but I just wondered if there is someone that is already in the US that came out of a similar situation. I would appreciate any advice! Thanks :)

No one can tell you without knowing you - but the USA can offer almost anything.

Consider what sort of life you want to lead - first and foremost - here is a pretty glib list...

If you are ambitious about a particular career, then you would live where career opportunities are.
If you like to spend time in mountains or outdoors with snow skiing in the winter then maybe that is more important to you.
If you like to enjoy beaches year round then you should focus on Southern California beach towns, Florida and perhaps Southern Texas.
If you like a faced paced city environment then consider NYC/Chicago/Boston
Washington DC is great if you want to get into politics. About politics, check on the politics heat map to make sure you will be comfortable where you choose to live.
LA or New York are the artistic hubs for film/tv etc
San Fran is cosmopolitan/cool
If you are gay don't choose any rural area in the south.

So - in other words - the USA has somewhere you will like - but the questions you should ask are how do you see yourself living - what is important to you.

If I gave my phone number on my DS-260 but no longer have this number and the actual phone, do I need to notify Kentucky of this change ? Do I have to get my DS-260 unlocked ? Do I they send any texts to mobile number ? The thing is, I am not planning to replace this phone till my trip to US anyway therefore do I need to notify them of this ?
Even if got my DS-260 unlocked, I would still have to provide them with a temparary (eg Friend's) number as otherwise I would not be able to leave this mandatory field blank.

Personally, I do not think that having a correct phone number is important but any light on this opinion ?

If I gave my phone number on my DS-260 but no longer have this number and the actual phone, do I need to notify Kentucky of this change ? Do I have to get my DS-260 unlocked ? Do I they send any texts to mobile number ? The thing is, I am not planning to replace this phone till my trip to US anyway therefore do I need to notify them of this ?
Even if got my DS-260 unlocked, I would still have to provide them with a temparary (eg Friend's) number as otherwise I would not be able to leave this mandatory field blank.

Personally, I do not think that having a correct phone number is important but any light on this opinion ?
You already answered the question right. Congrats!

Not necessary.

Is it really important to know at the time of your visa interview where you are going to go in the USA and what you are going to do in terms of your employment ? If someone has no relatives or friends but has sufficient funds to prove that they will be be able to maintain themselves and avoid becoming a public charge, is that sufficient ? Logically, you cannot book any accommodation or plan on anything unless you know that you have the visa anyway.

Hi guys am getting lost somewhere,my cousin happened to be selected for dv 2014 of which he entered the lottery on Oct. 2012,,,he received the first nl on 20th may 2013,,then submitted alien and visa application forms on June the same year,,,kcc processed his case in three months and received the second nl in October the same year as well,his case number was 68***,,so my question is what consept do kcc actually follow to schedule interviews? Do they really follow case numbers numerically?

Hello, I am a DV 2015 winner from asia. My number is close to 12xxx. I feel weird about this number and feel I may not have a chance. Is it possible to re-apply for DV 2016 for me and my husband? Is it illegal to do so? Will I lose my current entry? Thanks

Hi guys am getting lost somewhere,my cousin happened to be selected for dv 2014 of which he entered the lottery on Oct. 2012,,,he received the first nl on 20th may 2013,,then submitted alien and visa application forms on June the same year,,,kcc processed his case in three months and received the second nl in October the same year as well,his case number was 68***,,so my question is what consept do kcc actually follow to schedule interviews? Do they really follow case numbers numerically?

Something doesn't add up. Either you got his number wrong or he can't remember when got his 2NL. When was his interview?