• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

hi... in the initial form i have mentioned wrong qualification by mistake which i have corrected in ds260. Is there any chances of not getting second letter because of this???

hi... in the initial form i have mentioned wrong qualification by mistake which i have corrected in ds260. Is there any chances of not getting second letter because of this???

You will get your 2NL. The 2NL is never withheld due to an error on the eDV application. Of course if it's a glaring discrepancy, the error will be flagged by KCC when the file gets sent to the embassy.

thanx smom... but i don't undesrtand this.. "Of course if it's a glaring discrepancy, the error will be flagged by KCC when the file gets sent to the embassy". will you please explain?

thanx smom... but i don't undesrtand this.. "Of course if it's a glaring discrepancy, the error will be flagged by KCC when the file gets sent to the embassy". will you please explain?

What I was trying to say is that kCC never withholds a selectee's 2NL, they are obligated to send out the letter even if they notice something that may disqualify the applicant after they're done processing the form. Now if they notice something that isn't right, they will put some sort of comment on the file when they send the case to the embassy. The comment will request the CO to take a closer look at the case when the applicant shows up for the interview. This is called 'flagging the file'

thank u so much smom... i have been current since august, my case num is AS3xx bt till now i haven't got second letter so i was worried by this... thanks a lot.

thank u so much smom... i have been current since august, my case num is AS3xx bt till now i haven't got second letter so i was worried by this... thanks a lot.

No, there's no way you could have been current since Aug. The DV 2015 FY only starts in Oct, of course numbers that are current in Oct were released in Aug, so your number is current for Oct. The question is when did you submit your DS-260 form?

There's this amazing thing called "Google". If you type in Obamacare for new immigrants, you get results like
https://www.healthcare.gov/what-do-immigrant-families-need-to-know/
And
http://immigration.about.com/od/usvisas/a/Obamacare-Faqs-For-Immigrants.htm
And lots more.

If you think I sound a bit harsh, remember that while the US is the land of opportunity, you need to go and find those opportunities. It's not a country that holds your hand and guides you through everything, and you can't expect others to do all the legwork for you. You need to be proactive.
hey Sussie,
thanks for your reply,

thats why we are member of this forum to help each other for every single thing...

i googled before asking here, but the results of health/ medical care are so wide, so many results, so many basic plans blla blla... and later asked here.

now you are telling me about land of opportunities, lol, its disscusting...

have you ever been in States, if you miss an address and ask someone one the street about that address, he/she could reply, mannn you are in America, no one is here to hold your hand and guide you through streets, go home google the street and come back ;)

medical care is one of the most important thing for newcomers, we should ....

anyway, never mind ;)

thanks

yes i mean to say the same... i was current for October interview. i submitted on 9th june.

I guess June 9th was a bit late for KCC to have processed your form before the Oct VB came out. I think you could be scheduled for a Nov interview though. Have you checked online to see if the IL has been uploaded or not? Sometimes they upload the IL without the applicant receiving an email notification about the upload.

I had a talk to KCC regarding my updates of case no AS 70*. I got surprised when I heard I would be scheduled in December or later. I had submitted my DS 206 on 10 June. Is it going to be the same or something else....? Its impatient waiting....

I had a talk to KCC regarding my updates of case no AS 70*. I got surprised when I heard I would be scheduled in December or later. I had submitted my DS 206 on 10 June. Is it going to be the same or something else....? Its impatient waiting....

Same here...

Current since Octuber...
Submitted on June 15th..
Called last week to KCC, and told me that I will be schedule for Dicember...

CN: 2015SA3XX

i think the best thing to do is work very closely to the guy who are hosting you they will be able to assist you coz different states in usa has its different rules plus theirs also obama care.....
please my CN IS 2015AF00066xxx i submitted my DS 260 on sept 5th do you have any idea when i will receive 2nl and i have one more question i can change location for my interview after receive my 2nl number or not please help me and thank you

please my CN IS 2015AF00066xxx i submitted my DS 260 on sept 5th do you have any idea when i will receive 2nl and i have one more question i can change location for my interview after receive my 2nl number or not please help me and thank you

Most likely not before June 2015.

You cannot change interview location once 2NL has been sent out. If you wish to change the location, you will need to contact KCC to unlock your form and make that change.

hey Sussie,
thanks for your reply,

thats why we are member of this forum to help each other for every single thing...

i googled before asking here, but the results of health/ medical care are so wide, so many results, so many basic plans blla blla... and later asked here.

now you are telling me about land of opportunities, lol, its disscusting...

have you ever been in States, if you miss an address and ask someone one the street about that address, he/she could reply, mannn you are in America, no one is here to hold your hand and guide you through streets, go home google the street and come back ;)

medical care is one of the most important thing for newcomers, we should ....

anyway, never mind ;)

thanks

As you said, there are a myriad of options.
And - As I said before, it depends hugely on your own circumstances - your own income, the state you are going to, etc.
I'm sorry I can't give you one definitive answer, because there isn't one. So sorry I asked you to do a bit of work for yourself. Good luck with finding someone who will do all the searching for you, but they will have to know your exact situation first before you get any sensible answer. Family numbers, income, state, etc. Hope you find them.
By the way-
If I get lost on a street, it is normally when I have looked at a map first to see where I need to go, so I won't be very far from where I want to be. It will be easy for someone to tell me how to get there. On the other hand, if I land at jfk airport in New York and ask the first person I see how to get a specific address in Manhattan an hour's drive away, do you think they are going to give me exact step by step directions?
Anyway, never mind.

Most likely not before June 2015.

You cannot change interview location once 2NL has been sent out. If you wish to change the location, you will need to contact KCC to unlock your form and make that change.
Thank you so much one more question I have visa for us I can change my location to any location in us for my interview

Hi there,

I checked the 2014 2SL and found that most of time they receive 2SL on weekend,but some date was after weekend in Monday and Tuesday in next week!
So ,whats you think that, it possible we received during these days or just waiting for weekend or 15th of next month.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I checked the 2014 2SL and found that most of time they receive 2SL on weekend,but some date was after weekend in Monday and Tuesday in next week!
So ,whats you think that, it possible we received during these days or just waiting for weekend or 15th of next month.

Thanks in advance.
the weekend could also be due to time lines since if they were to be sent for a 2nd nl on Friday i would probably see it on Saturday since am from the eastern side of Africa...

I called KCC yesterday inquiring about my case which should be current on Nov. (CN AF000058XX - DS-260 submitted first week of July) . The lady told that they had some lags in the system which hold them back several weeks behind schedule! Therefore I should expect to be scheduled for Dec. or even Jan. !!