• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Just out of curiosity, does it have to be serious convictions to warrant a visa denial or could it be something simple, eg public order violations, disorderly behaviour etc ? the DS-260 form states that previous convictions would not automatically disqualify applicant from getting visa, are there any general rules or something that you may know from experience ? Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, does it have to be serious convictions to warrant a visa denial or could it be something simple, eg public order violations, disorderly behaviour etc ? the DS-260 form states that previous convictions would not automatically disqualify applicant from getting visa, are there any general rules or something that you may know from experience ? Thanks.

What they are concerned about is crimes involving "moral terpitude" (CMT). The definition of CMT is rather vague, but generally would not include disorderly behaviour. However if someone had multiple convictions for lesser offences, they may use the flexibility to deny a case even if each conviction individually wasn't a concern.

Thanks for your explanation. I got my form unlocked, corrected and submitted it again and then realized that I mixed up my employers first name with their surname in 2 places and included an extra 0 in the phone numbers of all institutions. The pattern is normally is country code + phone number direct without zero. Do you think I should email the Kentucky Center and unlock this form again ? I personally think there should be no issues, these are just minor things. They should know how to ring those numbers anyway as the embassy would be familiar with that.

Thanks for your explanation. I got my form unlocked, corrected and submitted it again and then realized that I mixed up my employers first name with their surname in 2 places and included an extra 0 in the phone numbers of all institutions. The pattern is normally is country code + phone number direct without zero. Do you think I should email the Kentucky Center and unlock this form again ? I personally think there should be no issues, these are just minor things. They should know how to ring those numbers anyway as the embassy would be familiar with that.

Yeah, the phone number is very unimportant - and as you say the local embassy will know how to call that number should the need arise.

Hi to all, i'm a newbie here and trying to learn as much as i can about the DV-2015 process.

My CN is EU42xxx it's pretty high i know but what you guys think about the chance for DV-2015.

Thanks for replies

Hi to all, i'm a newbie here and trying to learn as much as i can about the DV-2015 process.

My CN is EU42xxx it's pretty high i know but what you guys think about the chance for DV-2015.

Thanks for replies

No one can be sure at this time - but I think you'll have a nervous wait for about a year...

No one can be sure at this time - but I think you'll have a nervous wait for about a year...

Thanks for the reply.

It seems that DV-2014 changed all the knowledge about the lottery visa process, and so Will DV-2015. Makes it unpredictable

But i appreciate the hard work of you guys making statistical analysis etc. I hope it Goes CURRENT for all DV-2015 winners.

Good luck for us all :)

Last edited:
Yeah, the phone number is very unimportant - and as you say the local embassy will know how to call that number should the need arise.
Dear Britsimon
I just put my current work experience that I am working since 2010 for me and 2008 for my husband on the ds-260 form, though we have more than ten years work experience of three to four companies,
The reason I did is we have applied one professional immigrant visa and submitted all the original work experience except the current one , and we denied due to some reason, I am trying to retrieve all the files from where we applied, but will it matter to put only the current work experience we engaged since 2010 & since 2008 on ds=260 because I thought either of degree or work experience is needed for eligibility and just in case if the other work experience required during interview I may not get the chance to have my original documents during the interview retrieving our original documents takes months , by the way have university degree both my husband (industrial engineer) mine degree in sociology . I thought degree will only necessary that is why I did not put the last ten years work experience on the ds-260.
Thanks for your

Dear Britsimon
I just put my current work experience that I am working since 2010 for me and 2008 for my husband on the ds-260 form, though we have more than ten years work experience of three to four companies,
The reason I did is we have applied one professional immigrant visa and submitted all the original work experience except the current one , and we denied due to some reason, I am trying to retrieve all the files from where we applied, but will it matter to put only the current work experience we engaged since 2010 & since 2008 on ds=260 because I thought either of degree or work experience is needed for eligibility and just in case if the other work experience required during interview I may not get the chance to have my original documents during the interview retrieving our original documents takes months , by the way have university degree both my husband (industrial engineer) mine degree in sociology . I thought degree will only necessary that is why I did not put the last ten years work experience on the ds-260.
Thanks for your

You should answer the questions on the form honestly and completely. I can't see what you think you gain by being providing partial history, and although it doesn't matter since you want to qualify through education, it may lead to questions about why you tried to conceal information.

You should answer the questions on the form honestly and completely. I can't see what you think you gain by being providing partial history, and although it doesn't matter since you want to qualify through education, it may lead to questions about why you tried to conceal information.
thanks Britsimon, but I did want to conceal information, I have only doubts if I did not get the original documents during the interview because like I told u retrieving our original document ( work experience only) is taking months, they told me through mail officially retrieving our document takes months and I only got photo copy of our work experience that is the main reason, I just put our work experience since 2008.

thanks Britsimon, but I did want to conceal information, I have only doubts if I did not get the original documents during the interview because like I told u retrieving our original document ( work experience only) is taking months, they told me through mail officially retrieving our document takes months and I only got photo copy of our work experience that is the main reason, I just put our work experience since 2008.

If you are qualifying on education you don't have to prove anything about work experience. However if the CO is looking at someone who should have been working for 10 years, and the person gives history of 4 years, that may lead to questions about the unaccounted for time.

If you are qualifying on education you don't have to prove anything about work experience. However if the CO is looking at someone who should have been working for 10 years, and the person gives history of 4 years, that may lead to questions about the unaccounted for time.
Dear Britsimon, what about the history we fill up since the age of 16 does it not show anything for accounted of time? OR shall I make unlock and make the work experience fill up again for the benefit of the all doubt? and show the photo copy of work experience document during the interview and tell the truth , 'cause I am a bit worried about it if I blow it with this minor mistake.

Dear Britsimon, what about the history we fill up since the age of 16 does it not show anything for accounted of time? OR shall I make unlock and make the work experience fill up again for the benefit of the all doubt? and show the photo copy of work experience document during the interview and tell the truth , 'cause I am a bit worried about it if I blow it with this minor mistake.

Tell. The. Truth.

Why the lol? Because Simon already explained to you that you need not worry about providing work experience evidence if you already meet the HS diploma requirement, and that you should just make sure the information you provide on your DS260 form is accurate. It seems to me you're still asking him the same question after all that and he finally gave a short, concise response which I find funny.

Why the lol? Because Simon already explained to you that you need not worry about providing work experience evidence if you already meet the HS diploma requirement, and that you should just make sure the information you provide on your DS260 form is accurate. It seems to me you're still asking him the same question after all that and he finally gave a short, concise response which I find funny.
ok thanks all

Hi everyone,
I am new here. First, i want to thank you all for your fruitful help.
I am a DV2015 selectee with CN AF0024**. As i have seen in the conversations, my Interview would be in Oct, right?
So, I have one question,..
My fiance and I were planned to marry by Mid of September after we graduated, we were university students. I graduated last month and he will next month too. My question: Is that OK to go for the marriage at this time, so that we can go together? Or should we call off the wedding and marry after the Interview? In the later case, he should stay here(my country) and i will leave alone. If so, how long it would take after i leave without him and come back to take him?
*Sorry for my English, i will try to explain more if my question is not clear
Thanks