• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

1. What I would have recommended is marrying before her interview. You could still do that, but you may have left it too late. Marrying later and her bringing you over is likely to be a lengthy process - so it is likely that your DV2015 win is your fastest option now.
2. It is too early to get the police certs now. To get instructions on each country check the reciprocity page for each country (on the dvselectee site)
3. Yes about then - hard to be exact.
Thank you very much.

If you haven't submitted your DS-260 form by now, forget about being called for an interview in October even if your CN falls under those current for Oct.
Mom, why come, there's still 3 months left before October, is that not sufficient time? Will send our DS-260 next week.

Mom, why come, there's still 3 months left before October, is that not sufficient time? Will send our DS-260 next week.

Yes, there's 3 months left to the official start of the 2015 FY. However, for the DV 2015 selectees that will be current in Oct, their cut-off numbers will be released in the advanced notification section of the Sept VB which will be released in mid August (in about 3 weeks time or so), following which the KCC will send out IL to those doing CP whose forms they're done processing because they were submitted early enough. So for anyone with a low CN that is likely to become current in Oct, and with plans to process CP who hasn't submitted their forms by now, I don't think they will be interviewing in Oct, KCC will need enough time to process their forms and schedule their interview

Dear Britsimon.
My fiancee that I mentioned previously has a CN of AF93XXX for DV2014. Do you think she will ever become current?
Thanks,
Annanz

1. Great number. Interview around December.
2. Ask to unlock the form and make the corrections.
3. Don't worry about the A number.

Hi Britsimon

I realise this is an old post, but I recently came across it. My question is about the DS-260. I see the post mentioned putting your Mothers name as it is on your birth certificate. Is that what I should put? I have already submitted, and I put her maiden name as I recall the form said Mothers name (at time of birth). Does this mean her birth, or my birth? Is it necessary to request the form to be unlocked for this?

Thanks

Yes, there's 3 months left to the official start of the 2015 FY. However, for the DV 2015 selectees that will be current in Oct, their cut-off numbers will be released in the advanced notification section of the Sept VB which will be released in mid August (in about 3 weeks time or so), following which the KCC will send out IL to those doing CP whose forms they're done processing because they were submitted early enough. So for anyone with a low CN that is likely to become current in Oct, and with plans to process CP who hasn't submitted their forms by now, I don't think they will be interviewing in Oct, KCC will need enough time to process their forms and schedule their interview
Oh ok mom, got it! Thanks for the clarification! ;)

HI All

I have A Number 2015ASxxxx3xxx , Based on my Reviewing of the last year Visa Bulltin , My interview will be around March and I might get second NL by December , Am I right ?

HI All

I have A Number 2015ASxxxx3xxx , Based on my Reviewing of the last year Visa Bulltin , My interview will be around March and I might get second NL by December , Am I right ?
Yes around february~march, 2nl will come about 8 weeks before the interview.

Hi everyone I have CN of AF30***..I have not yet submitted my DS 260 form coz my passport is not yet ready..am I late..and also when am i likely to have my interview.?

Hi everyone I have CN of AF30***..I have not yet submitted my DS 260 form coz my passport is not yet ready..am I late..and also when am i likely to have my interview.?
Yes you have plainty time infront, and your interview wil be for april~may .

i have a question say i loose my passport after completing the DS-260 form if i apply for another one the pssprt number will change hence different to the one i entered on the DS-260 form...So my question is ...do i need to notify Kcc of that or i should just progress to the interview with a new pssprt without notifying them?

i have a question say i loose my passport after completing the DS-260 form if i apply for another one the pssprt number will change hence different to the one i entered on the DS-260 form...So my question is ...do i need to notify Kcc of that or i should just progress to the interview with a new pssprt without notifying them?

If you end up having a new passport for passport prior to your interview, you do not need to inform KCC about this. Just show up for your interview with your new passport.

Hi there,

I filled out my ds-260 on May 6th, then I noticed that I forgot to write my High school diploma, I live in west Canada so I choose Vancouver for my interview. Reading the different forums I understood that the only city who were delivering US permanent visa was Montreal. One of the administrator of another forum told me to ask KCC to unlock my DS260 to change the city of the interview and add my high school diploma which I did.
I also confirmed US Embassy that Montreal was the only embassy who was working on the DV Lottery, anyways I finally got my DS260 unlocked, I added my high school diploma, and.... they did not unlocked the city for my interview so I was unable to change it for Montreal.
I had to resubmit my Form with a new submission date July 11th, now I dont really want to ask to unlock it again because I dont want to be delayed in my interview... I have a small number EU 0007XXX and should be current in October.
Was it a good idea or not? Should I ask them to unlock the city for the interview or do you think they will just adjust this??

Thanks
S

Hi there,

I filled out my ds-260 on May 6th, then I noticed that I forgot to write my High school diploma, I live in west Canada so I choose Vancouver for my interview. Reading the different forums I understood that the only city who were delivering US permanent visa was Montreal. One of the administrator of another forum told me to ask KCC to unlock my DS260 to change the city of the interview and add my high school diploma which I did.
I also confirmed US Embassy that Montreal was the only embassy who was working on the DV Lottery, anyways I finally got my DS260 unlocked, I added my high school diploma, and.... they did not unlocked the city for my interview so I was unable to change it for Montreal.
I had to resubmit my Form with a new submission date July 11th, now I dont really want to ask to unlock it again because I dont want to be delayed in my interview... I have a small number EU 0007XXX and should be current in October.
Was it a good idea or not? Should I ask them to unlock the city for the interview or do you think they will just adjust this??

Thanks
S

No need to change that. In the case where there is only the one office doing interviews, it doesn't really matter what you asked for.... they will just assign it to the embassy doing interviews in your country.

No need to change that. In the case where there is only the one office doing interviews, it doesn't really matter what you asked for.... they will just assign it to the embassy doing interviews in your country.

thanks Britsimon :)
Hope my first changes did not delayed my interview tho...