• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hi ,
I have question please ?
Could you answer me?
I got a imigration visa for 6 month ( the visa expire 30 october 2015 )
I will go in USA to activate Green Card before my visa expire , and after 20 days I have to come back in my country .
what can i do? do i need to wait until to take my green card ?
if my Green Card will take more time more than 20 days what can i do please ?

Hi ,
I have question please ?
Could you answer me?
I got a imigration visa for 6 month ( the visa expire 30 october 2015 )
I will go in USA to activate Green Card before my visa expire , and after 20 days I have to come back in my country .
what can i do? do i need to wait until to take my green card ?
if my Green Card will take more time more than 20 days what can i do please ?

Your plastic GC most likely wouldn't be ready in 20 days, however the visa on your passport becomes a temporary GC upon endorsement at the POE (once it gets stamped upon your entry into the U.S.). The temporary GC is valid for one year, so you can use it to re-enter the U.S. (assuming you plan on returning within a year of).

I have been selectet a DV 2015 .
i finished interview in the May and got visa in passport but just for 6 month will expire 30 october 2015
what do you mean temporary GC ?

I have been selectet a DV 2015 .
i finished interview in the May and got visa in passport but just for 6 month will expire 30 october 2015
what do you mean temporary GC ?

I just explained above that when you enter the U.S. for the first time, your visa becomes a temporary GC that can be used in place of the plastic GC itself. You will no longer be able to use the temporary GC (the endorsed visa on your passport) after one year from the date it got endorsed. It however shouldn't matter because you should have received the plastic GC itself by then.

1 ) do you mean that in my passport will be stamped a new visa ( becomes a new temporary GC) when I entered in the US .
2) is it OK to go in October what do you mean for fiscal year of DV 2015?

They will also need to demonstrate they have enough funds for the visit and if they can't, then they will need an affidavit of support for the visa - so to go back to Alexngoda's question, if they can't show they will support themselves then yes you will need to show you can support them during their visit/stay with you.
Thank you , so i will have to send her my bank statement? Or how do i proove that i can suport her? Or i just write a letter of recomendation

Guys I have my interview this week.
My question:
Do I put the name of my relative in USA on the addresss I am using? Or do I simply just provide the address/
E.g, Do I put John Smith, 2343 Timberfirld Avenue, xxxxx
Or just the address itself: 2343 Timberfirld Avenue, xxxx

Sorry to ask such an innocent question.
Thanks for reading,
Annanz

1 ) do you mean that in my passport will be stamped a new visa ( becomes a new temporary GC) when I entered in the US .
2) is it OK to go in October what do you mean for fiscal year of DV 2015?

*deep sigh!* Ok, I will give it another shot:

1. No, a NEW VISA WILL NOT be put on your passport, a stamp similar to this one below will be put on your passport:

oldi551.jpg

This stamp now turns your immigrant visa into an I-551, just like it says on your passport that upon endorsement turns the visa into an I-551. Below is a sample IV, use it to locate where it says the same on your passport:

imm2l.jpg

I don't know any other way to explain this to you if it still doesn't make sense to you. Maybe someone else can take a stab at helping you out.

2. As long as you enter the U.S. before October 30th, you should be fine. I never said anything to you about the 2015 FY, so I don't know what explanation you're asking me to give you!

Guys I have my interview this week.
My question:
Do I put the name of my relative in USA on the addresss I am using? Or do I simply just provide the address/
E.g, Do I put John Smith, 2343 Timberfirld Avenue, xxxxx
Or just the address itself: 2343 Timberfirld Avenue, xxxx

Sorry to ask such an innocent question.
Thanks for reading,
Annanz

Yes, go ahead and indicate your relative's name on the address.

*deep sigh!* Ok, I will give it another shot:

1. No, a NEW VISA WILL NOT be put on your passport, a stamp similar to this one below will be put on your passport:

oldi551.jpg

This stamp now turns your immigrant visa into an I-551, just like it says on your passport that upon endorsement turns the visa into an I-551. Below is a sample IV, use it to locate where it says the same on your passport:

imm2l.jpg

I don't know any other way to explain this to you if it still doesn't make sense to you. Maybe someone else can take a stab at helping you out.

2. As long as you enter the U.S. before October 30th, you should be fine. I never said anything to you about the 2015 FY, so I don't know what explanation you're asking me to give you!

Just one small thing - as far as I know, that red stamp in your post is only for AOS. When you enter on the visa it's just the normal CBP entry stamp that acts as the endorsement, as the visa itself says it will be a temporary I551 for a year.

Just one small thing - as far as I know, that red stamp in your post is only for AOS. When you enter on the visa it's just the normal CBP entry stamp that acts as the endorsement, as the visa itself says it will be a temporary I551 for a year.

I suppose that's what happens when frustration begins to set in, although I was careful to state something "similar" to it will be put on the passport.

Anyway for the benefit of anyone who could be confused by that stamp, here's what the stamp issued at the POE should look like:

Immigrant_Visa_CBP_endorsement.jpg

I suppose that's what happens when frustration begins to set in, although I was careful to state something "similar" to it will be put on the passport.

Anyway for the benefit of anyone who could be confused by that stamp, here's what the stamp issued at the POE should look like:

Immigrant_Visa_CBP_endorsement.jpg

Yeah, given the anxiety shown by some people over trivial matters I thought it best to pre-empt ;)

How have you been Mr. super moderator.
The Kenya Embassy reply us. This is part of that:

August 11, 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

We added Adhanom’s name in to your case. Now you should be able to complete DS 260

Sincerely,

Customer Representative 3

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section