• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Dear Members,

To be honest, i didnt know about this beneficial forum to ask inquiries as am a selectee of DV2015.
If you could kindly answer my inquiries.
1- I've read through the post about CN's, as am Sudanese but i was born in UAE and currently in Malaysia, how can I know what number is placed for the continent?
2- How can I know in which month my interview is scheduled ?
3- I am an undergraduate student in Malaysia, I will be graduating in 2017, so after getting the GREEN CARD, Can I go to US every 6 month and stay for 1 month until I graduate ?

Thank you ,

What is you case number and region? And do you mean you are DV2016?

My case number is 50553...
regarding the region, its kind of confusion, My nationality and passport is Sudanese, I am born in Dubai, and my interview will be in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Dear Members,

To be honest, i didnt know about this beneficial forum to ask inquiries as am a selectee of DV2015.
If you could kindly answer my inquiries.
1- I've read through the post about CN's, as am Sudanese but i was born in UAE and currently in Malaysia, how can I know what number is placed for the continent?
2- How can I know in which month my interview is scheduled ?
3- I am an undergraduate student in Malaysia, I will be graduating in 2017, so after getting the GREEN CARD, Can I go to US every 6 month and stay for 1 month until I graduate ?

Thank you ,

1. Does your number start with AS or AF?
2. We can't guide you on that since you haven't told us what your CN is.
3. Your best bet would be to apply for a re-entry permit after completing the GC process. The re-entry permit allows you to stay outside the U.S. for up to 2 years without loosing your LPR status.

1. Does your number start with AS or AF?
2. We can't guide you on that since you haven't told us what your CN is.
3. Your best bet would be to apply for a re-entry permit after completing the GC process. The re-entry permit allows you to stay outside the U.S. for up to 2 years without loosing your LPR status.

1. Thats the exact Case number... 2015AF00050553
3. Aha that really helped . Thanks.. what does LPR stand for

My case number is 50553...
regarding the region, its kind of confusion, My nationality and passport is Sudanese, I am born in Dubai, and my interview will be in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Your nationality, the passport you hold or where you will be interviewing has nothing to do with your assigned region. This is based on country of birth. So is your CN AS5xxx or AF50xxx? And does it start with 2015 or 2016?

Your nationality, the passport you hold or where you will be interviewing has nothing to do with your assigned region. This is based on country of birth. So is your CN AS5xxx or AF50xxx? And does it start with 2015 or 2016?
it starts with 2015...country of birth is UAE

1. Thats the exact Case number... 2015AF00050553
3. Aha that really helped . Thanks.. what does LPR stand for

I'm afraid the game is over for you. The cut-off number for DV2015 for the AF region is 50,000 - below your assigned CN. You will not be scheduled for an interview, sorry!

The other thing is even if your CN were to become current, you would have been disqualified anyway. Your chargeability region should have been AS since you were born in UAE and not Sudan.

Thank you for the explanation !

Would you mind to explain what is cut-off number based on ? like how do they choose the numbers and why it is until 50,000 only?

For future references... Should my country of Chargeability be the same as country of birth ??

Yes, it should be, unless your country of birth is not eligible in which case there are certain exceptions for charging to a spouse's or parents' country of birth (if those countries are eligible).

DV2017 registration period is around the corner, so you can give it another shot and be sure to use the correct chargeability country this time around.

Thanks
if they do not reply me, what shall I do. Shall we go together without any problems?
If the US Consulate your wife will be interviewing with would not be aware that she is married and that you will be joining her for the interview as her spouse, it might be possible that you won't even be admitted into the Consulate on the day of interview. Please make sure that your wife will do everything possible to avoid a scenario like this!

Thanks
if they do not reply me, what shall I do. Shall we go together without any problems?

You can't just show up with your wife for the interview, I don't think you will be allowed inside since your name wouldn't be on the list of the expected visitors (plus I don't think you can do the medical exam if you're not listed on the 2NL anyways). So wait about a week or two and email or call the embassy again.

Hello Mr. moderator the KCC DV send us this message below:
KCC DV
To
'shari t'

Today at 4:48 PM
Thank you for your inquiry.

For security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information. Please provide the Principal Applicant’s information listed below.

When inquiring about the status of a Diversity Visa (DV) case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center is a document processing facility, and cannot advise you on whether or not you will qualify for a visa. Only a consular officer can make that decision.

For additional information, please refer to the following websites:

Diversity Visa Website: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/entry.html.html

Diversity Visa Instructions: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/instructions.html

DS-260 instructions: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected/submit-your-ds-260-online-application.html

To enter the Diversity Visa lottery or to check for a selection notice: https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

Diversity Visa Unit
Phone: (606) 526-7500
Email: HYPERLINK "mailto:KCCDV@state.gov"KCCDV@state.gov

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540

KCC DV
To
'shari t'

For security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information. Please provide the Principal Applicant’s information listed below.

When inquiring about the status of a Diversity Visa (DV) case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center is a document processing facility, and cannot advise you on whether or not you will qualify for a visa. Only a consular officer can make that decision.

Diversity Visa Website: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/entry.html.html

Diversity Visa Instructions: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/instructions.html

DS-260 instructions: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected/submit-your-ds-260-online-application.html

To enter the Diversity Visa lottery or to check for a selection notice: https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

Diversity Visa Unit

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540

so what can you direct me. What shall i used the mail for getting the inquiry
thanks

So do what the email says! Write another email to KCC and be sure to include your wife, the Principal Applicant's full name (the name as shown on her selectee notification letter), complete case number, and her date of birth in the format of month, day, and year. It seems you did not include all of these information on the initial email you sent to KCC. If you don't all everything, they will not be able to provide any information like they've stated.

KCC DV
To
'shari t'

Diversity Visa Unit

Sorry to say, yet this is somehow all a bit confusing. You had provided information to the effect that your wife's interview has already been scheduled with the US Consulate (not sure which one) on September 9, 2015? If this is the case, there is no reason to even bother with KCC any longer, the case is out of their hands after they submitted the file to the US Consulate your wife will be interviewing with. Your only option, at this stage of the game, therefore is for your wife to get in touch directly with the IV department of the US Consulate and to have you formally added to her case, before her interview date on September 9, 2015. At current you are not associated with her DV case in any way and the only person who can change this at this stage is your wife, as the DV lottery winner, through the US Consulate.

Last edited:
hello everyone,
i need a help from any one from you
i can't sign and submit my son sd-260 form, i finish everything but in the end is not loading without any error msg