• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hi Simon.
I need your advice.
My wife is the winner of DV 2015 and she is working, but now she is on maternity leave for child care and in another country than her workplace location. In ds-260 we reported that she is working at the date of submission, but we did not mention that she is on maternity leave. According to the local legislation she is considered as working even in the maternity leave. She will take a letter from her employer that she is working in the company and is now on maternity leave to present to the Embassy in the interview date (if we ever become current). Do you think it will cause a problem for the interview that though she is working, but on maternity leave and in another country? And we should have mentioned that she is on maternity leave in ds-260? We are not yet current and our CN is around EU39600.
Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure why think this that is a problem. Between you submitting the DS260 and now things changed - no big deal. Because you are emigrating she is going to leave the job anyway - which is why a current job is never considered "important" from a public charge point of you (other than suggesting whether the selectee will get back to work in the States).

So - no big deal.

I'm not sure why think this that is a problem. Between you submitting the DS260 and now things changed - no big deal. Because you are emigrating she is going to leave the job anyway - which is why a current job is never considered "important" from a public charge point of you (other than suggesting whether the selectee will get back to work in the States).

So - no big deal.
Thanks, Simon, for the quick reply! actually at the time of submitting the ds-260 she was also on maternity leave and in another country than the location of her employer. Do you think it is ok even in this case?

So So, passing the embassy interview! :)
Was so clear by read the other guys experiences in Abudhabi .
Just ask normal questions and said waiting between 2-3-5 months! :eek:
how many time entry in lottery? do you have any relation in us? did you travel before! ? what was your military service? ohhmmmm OK !
all answer was in my DS-260 form! :p
I think that the most important in interview is the documents and finger prints! when all is normal ,asking these questions! ;)

Hi Britsimon,

First of all, I would like to thank you and everyone in this forum for helping people and providing very useful and supportive information. My wife is the principal applicant. Her case number is 2015AS00018XXX. It's pretty high for AS and didn't get current for 2014. Anyways, fingers crossed. I've some questions I would like to ask. Please accept my apology if they've been asked before.

1. I and my wife had lived in the US for more than 6 months (I lived 3 years and my wife 9 years). We both were on F1 visa. Do we need to submit US police records? I believe not as I found somewhere mentioned but would like to make sure.

2. What does 2NL look like? Is it coming in email format or postal?

Thank you very much for your help and have a good day.

So So, passing the embassy interview! :)
Was so clear by read the other guys experiences in Abudhabi .
Just ask normal questions and said waiting between 2-3-5 months! :eek:
how many time entry in lottery? do you have any relation in us? did you travel before! ? what was your military service? ohhmmmm OK !
all answer was in my DS-260 form! :p
I think that the most important in interview is the documents and finger prints! when all is normal ,asking these questions! ;)
dear utopia
v r now in same boat.
i hope we both clear soon before visa ending;):p
fingers crossed for both of us:D

Hi Britsimon,

First of all, I would like to thank you and everyone in this forum for helping people and providing very useful and supportive information. My wife is the principal applicant. Her case number is 2015AS00018XXX. It's pretty high for AS and didn't get current for 2014. Anyways, fingers crossed. I've some questions I would like to ask. Please accept my apology if they've been asked before.

1. I and my wife had lived in the US for more than 6 months (I lived 3 years and my wife 9 years). We both were on F1 visa. Do we need to submit US police records? I believe not as I found somewhere mentioned but would like to make sure.

1. A US PCC is not required

2. 2NL is sent via email

With the june vb, hopes are dying down for some of us with high CN. my cn is 67xxx. Do you still think we have a chance? What really makes the difference? Africa had a cut off of 81xxx in 2014. Please help Britsimon.

Hi Britsimon,

1. No police cert for USA required, they have access to that info directly.

2. A generic email, never postal. The email simply says check the entrant status check site, and there you see appointment details.

Now, you did not ask, but I feel it is important to tell you. Your case number is too high to get an interview this year, so please keep other plans in mind.

Thank you very much Sm1smom and Britsimon. I appreciate it.

Yeah, It's kind of bittersweet experience. We were so happily shocked when we first saw the dv lottery result rendering on the computer screen and later, we were so shockingly sad to know that our case number is so high that it's almost impossible to get an interview.

I preferred the binary result at the first place though.

Thank you very much Sm1smom and Britsimon. I appreciate it.

Yeah, It's kind of bittersweet experience. We were so happily shocked when we first saw the dv lottery result rendering on the computer screen and later, we were so shockingly sad to know that our case number is so high that it's almost impossible to get an interview.

I preferred the binary result at the first place though.
what is binary result?

I'm guessing @jartownboy means binary as in a 'yes' or 'no' result. As in, yes you got it or no you haven't, as opposed to yes you got it BUT only if your case number is low enough that a visa is available to you.

Hi

Any prediction to when I should expect my interview , My CN : 2015AF000429xx, I am thinking of flying to India for 3 weeks holiday in Aug 2015... Thanks..

Regards
Dharmin

Hi

Any prediction to when I should expect my interview , My CN : 2015AF000429xx, I am thinking of flying to India for 3 weeks holiday in Aug 2015... Thanks..

Regards
Dharmin

The safest thing to do is wait for your interview to be scheduled before you plan a holiday. To be on the safe side, you will probably need to keep at least two weeks either side of your interview free too (medicals before, and the wait to get your passport back afterwards).

Remember your CN only determines the month of interview, not when in the month it happens.

Hello,

This forum really helps. My 2015 DV number is mid 7000's for Asia. I am predicting my number will be current by the last month (Sep 2015). I am worried that I will run out of time to completer the process. So my question is, can i submit my documents early, given that my DV number is published couple months ahead of September?

Thanks.

Hello,

This forum really helps. My 2015 DV number is mid 7000's for Asia. I am predicting my number will be current by the last month (Sep 2015). I am worried that I will run out of time to completer the process. So my question is, can i submit my documents early, given that my DV number is published couple months ahead of September?

Thanks.

Are you in the USA on some Non immigrant visa?