• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

April visa bulletin cutoffs issued!
And Simon predicted may cutoffs (AF – 34XXX to 35XXX)
http://britsimonsays.com/april-2nl-analysis/

Do you want another prediction?!
If you are not happy with that prediction let me remind you they are only guesswork. The only way to be sure is waiting till they issue bulletin. and they will in next 10 days.

I know
but since last year they said during july visa finished i'm under stress
actually my close friend in 2013 had inerview in april in abu dhabi and cleared after 40 days but as i told u i have bought factors (military+oil field job) . this makes me anxious.
but as simon said we can do nothing about it ;):(

Each lottery period is very different with other one!
We must have hope & positive view to pass this step.

Keep calm & Carry on
+
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst!

Hi all ,
In DS 260 and in the interview we indicated that we will go to newyork, but due to certain circumestences we will go to california ... so we have some questions:
1- is there any problem to change our destination?
2- does this change affects the delivery of our green card by any mean?
Thanks in advance
Hi Viki, I rememb that you are from Egypt... Right? Can you share your interview experience pls? How it was? Hv u paid 330$ inside the embassy?

Hi

I just checked the visa state for my visa in CEAC and it show it is ready before the interview , Is that mean that the embassy already reviewed the file and ready for interview .

Thanks

Dear All, we submitted the changes to my own form, but we wrote only my husband's basic information and we did not see other DS form. What should we do? shoul we ask again to unlock the case? Thank you

QUOTE="Sm1smom, post: 2386050, member: 12"]Yes you contact KCC and request for them to unlock your form.

Once your form is unlocked you start by changing your marital status, provide marriage date, spouse's information and indicate whether your spouse will be immigrating with you or not. All of these changes will need to be made on YOUR own DS form.

Then you will fill out a separate DS form for your spouse too before resubmitting the forms to KCC.[/QUOTE]

Anyone (preferably not a relative though) who is competent in both English and the language of the document can do the translation provided the translation is done word for word, contains a signed attestation at the bottom of the document that the translator is competent in both languages; or the translated document is accompanied by a signed affidavit attesting to the competency of the translation - this 2nd option is what I would recommend for the CP applicants. A sample affidavit can be found in one of the links below:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/fiance-marriage-visa-book/chapter4-14.html

http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/affidavit-document-english-translation.html
Hi 'mom' :)

Quick question... Reading sometimes conflicting info so just wondering re translations.
I have a Masters in Translation (granted, graduated 20 years ago but still) so just wondering : can I actually translate my own documents (need my high school diploma + blank criminal record translated) ?

Hi 'mom' :)

Quick question... Reading sometimes conflicting info so just wondering re translations.
I have a Masters in Translation (granted, graduated 20 years ago but still) so just wondering : can I actually translate my own documents (need my high school diploma + blank criminal record translated) ?

No, you cannot translate your own documents. It should be done by a third party with a none vested interest in your immigration success.

Can please someone answer my question I really do not know what to do. Did I mess up by not entering a new DS form for my spouse? I did not see requirement for that document before I resubmitted my DS form. :(

Dear All, we submitted the changes to my own form, but we wrote only my husband's basic information and we did not see other DS form. What should we do? shoul we ask again to unlock the case? Thank you

QUOTE="Sm1smom, post: 2386050, member: 12"]Yes you contact KCC and request for them to unlock your form.

Once your form is unlocked you start by changing your marital status, provide marriage date, spouse's information and indicate whether your spouse will be immigrating with you or not. All of these changes will need to be made on YOUR own DS form.

Then you will fill out a separate DS form for your spouse too before resubmitting the forms to KCC.
[/QUOTE]

Can please someone answer my question I really do not know what to do. Did I mess up by not entering a new DS form for my spouse? I did not see requirement for that document before I resubmitted my DS form. :(

A separate DS form MUST be submitted for your spouse, it's not enough to update the information on your form alone. I believe there should have been a link for adding new family members which you somehow missed. You need to contact KCC and request for your form to be unlocked again.

[/QUOTE]

There should be a DS260 for each person applying for a visa/Green Card. In a situation where you are married, but your spouse was not wanting a Green Card, there would be no DS260 - so it sounds like that is what you have done. So - go back into your DS260 and see that you have that correctly setup.

In DS260, right above a principal aplicant's name there is a button "Add Aplicant":
upload_2015-3-2_9-19-32.png
My DS is locked, but I clicked on the button, and a window popped up allowing me to input the details for the additional applicant:
upload_2015-3-2_9-21-6.png
Obviously, I did not click the submit button. Maybe, you do not even have to unlock to add an applicant. Anyways, one should try for herself; and follow up with KCC too.

Last edited:
In DS260, right above a principal aplicant's name there is a button "Add Aplicant":
View attachment 399
My DS is locked, but I clicked on the button, and a window popped up allowing me to input the details for the additional applicant:
View attachment 400
Obviously, I did not click the submit button. Maybe, you do not even have to unlock to add an applicant. Anyways, one should try for herself; and follow up with KCC too.

Normally people need to unlock to adjust their own marital status, but in this case it might be ok to just add applicant if the principal has the correct marital status already.