• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners From Nepal

Hello all Lucky Selectees,
Best of luck to all those guys who are going through interview today. Please do post your all sorts of experience so that upcoming selectees can benifit.
Best of Luck.

Last year the visa number for nepal was cut off at 9,500. Anyone can guess what will happen this year? It will cut off at the same number or not. I am somehow worried since my CN is AS77**.

Last year the visa number for nepal was cut off at 9,500. Anyone can guess what will happen this year? It will cut off at the same number or not. I am somehow worried since my CN is AS77**.

No one can tell you with certainty what the cut-off for 2016 will be at this point in time, not even KCC can tell you that.

While submitting the DS-260 form, the name of sponsor and his address should be mentioned. But later, do the same person need to be sponsor? Do we need to move to same state as of sponsor or move to any other state?

While submitting the DS-260 form, the name of sponsor and his address should be mentioned. But later, do the same person need to be sponsor? Do we need to move to same state as of sponsor or move to any other state?

You can always change the sponsor at the time of your interview, regardless of what you've listed on your DS-260 form. Once you have your visa, you can move to any State you feel like, just remember though that your GC will be sent to your sponsor's address if you never bothered to update the address where the card should be sent to and you end up going somewhere else.

hello I am from Nepal and is selected in DV lottery 2015. I have completed my DS-260 form in 12 jun 2014 and my CN is 2015AS000012xx. This case number is already listed in cut-off but I haven't received 2NL yet. please can any one tell why am I not getting 2NL and when would I probably get it? I would appreciate your help. Thank You

hello I am from Nepal and is selected in DV lottery 2015. I have completed my DS-260 form in 12 jun 2014 and my CN is 2015AS000012xx. This case number is already listed in cut-off but I haven't received 2NL yet. please can any one tell why am I not getting 2NL and when would I probably get it? I would appreciate your help. Thank You

There has been a delay in processing. I would guess you will get your 2NL this coming week for a December interview.

Hi Guys! I am a DV 2015 winner from Nepal and my case number is 9xxx. Are the DV case number to a given country consecutively or is it on a random basis? How likely am I to get a second letter?

Hi Guys! I am a DV 2015 winner from Nepal and my case number is 9xxx. Are the DV case number to a given country consecutively or is it on a random basis? How likely am I to get a second letter?

This link explains how numbers are assigned.
http://britsimonsays.com/?p=67

Nepal will be cutoff, so the highest Nepales numbers will not get an interview. Your number must be close to that cutoff (it was 9500 in DV2014). However, we cannot be sure at this point so all you can do is wait.

Britsimon, I appreciate your reply very much. You have an awesome blog. I have one more question. I am currently in the United States on a F-1 visa. I filled up my DS-260 from Nepal. In the form there was this question, if I have ever travelled to the United States. I replied "no" to this question I said "Yes" to the question "if I have an US visa?" So, do i need to unlock my DS-260 to update this information. I, also, selected Nepal as my interview location. Now, I want to adjust my status in the United States. How do i change my interview location? What are the charges of processing the DV from the United States? Could you please help me with this?

Thanks!

Britsimon, I appreciate your reply very much. You have an awesome blog. I have one more question. I am currently in the United States on a F-1 visa. I filled up my DS-260 from Nepal. In the form there was this question, if I have ever travelled to the United States. I replied "no" to this question I said "Yes" to the question "if I have an US visa?" So, do i need to unlock my DS-260 to update this information. I, also, selected Nepal as my interview location. Now, I want to adjust my status in the United States. How do i change my interview location? What are the charges of processing the DV from the United States? Could you please help me with this?

Thanks!

Ok, to change to AoS, yes you unlock the form and change to USCIS.

The costs are the 330 DV fee, 1070 for AoS and the medicals (around 300). It is a risk doing AoS. You won't go current until late in the year so whilst you can do AoS that late (people did in September), it is stressful. CP is cleaner. Nepal has the added complication that it will hit the country limit, but it is possible that AoS might not get stopped if the country limit is hit. We didn't see any case like that last year so I cannot be sure.

Ok, to change to AoS, yes you unlock the form and change to USCIS.

The costs are the 330 DV fee, 1070 for AoS and the medicals (around 300). It is a risk doing AoS. You won't go current until late in the year so whilst you can do AoS that late (people did in September), it is stressful. CP is cleaner. Nepal has the added complication that it will hit the country limit, but it is possible that AoS might not get stopped if the country limit is hit. We didn't see any case like that last year so I cannot be sure.
Is that true that Aos can be done even though country limit was hit?!!!

Is that true that Aos can be done even though country limit was hit?!!!

I don't know for certain, but I have a feeling that the AoS system where they check visa availability might not be so "sensitive" to country specific caps. Just a guess - and others may not agree. My point before was that we did not see a case that would have tested that theory (i.e. a case for Nepal AoS).