• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

go to peshku, i sent you inbox.

Hi iliona, sorry to hear you are on AP. the good news is that it is the best type of AP to have - the type where you control when it ends, AND it is very early in the year, so in this case you won't lose your chance.

So why did it happen. Well it was sort of understandable.

• You interviewed in Greece (one of the toughest embassies, meaning they apply the rules firmly). I believe I had mentioned this to you and it is shown in my league table.
  • You are Albanian so presumably you went to school there (and the Greek embassy probably know nothing about the education system in Albanian).

So the rules say you have to have an education comparable to US High school education (which takes satisfactory completion of 12 years of elementary and secondary level education). In practice, that point in the USA is the point at which you can enter University (known as college in USA). Note that you might fail a year or two in the USA so simple attendance is not the qualification - it is High School graduation they are looking for.

Many people hear high school and they jump to the fact that they completed high school in their country (which does not always take the same 12 years and therefore is not quite enough to meet the requirement) OR they assume that because they have been to University or got a degree from University they have achieved the same level as the USA entry point. We'll if the CO applies the rules "correctly" they should consider whether you completed AND passed the equivalent amount of education and for some bizarre reason they have ruled out all forms of vocational education. They have also ruled out shortcut or test out methods to get into University.

So in your case Iliona they don't have the Albanian system requirements to hand and because they are following the rules, they are asking for evidence that you attended and passed 12 years of education at elementary and secondary education. If you can show that, then you will not have a problem, and usually the AP on these cases will complete around a week or two after you supply the documents.

I hope that helps you understand what has happened and let's you focus on getting that proof.

huhh thank you Britsimon that cleared up some obscure thoughts I had,because also other albanians that took interview in Athens got the visa with just high school degree.I have the 12 years proof of education and I will get them, I am just afraid of the visa numbers as in Greece I think they dont get a lot.W were just two people on dv today so I don't know how it gows.The officer told me that I will have a number after sending the papers just in case someone else loses its own.It was also very wird the fact they didnt ask me about the support and the sponsor neither took the forms of affidavit and the vaccinations :/ It didnt sound as following the rules firmly to me.

huhh thank you Britsimon that cleared up some obscure thoughts I had,because also other albanians that took interview in Athens got the visa with just high school degree.I have the 12 years proof of education and I will get them, I am just afraid of the visa numbers as in Greece I think they dont get a lot.W were just two people on dv today so I don't know how it gows.The officer told me that I will have a number after sending the papers just in case someone else loses its own.It was also very wird the fact they didnt ask me about the support and the sponsor neither took the forms of affidavit and the vaccinations :/ It didnt sound as following the rules firmly to me.

Forget the concerns of how many visas Greece gets, that is not how the system works. You are not limited by country, your visa comes from a quota for all of EU.

That is odd about not checking medical as that is not an optional requirement. This underlines that the CO has a lot of power in this situation, which is sometimes a good thing, but sometimes not. Sounds like a different CO would have approved you.

She was very friendly though she told me you qualify but to give you a visa I need the missing papers so let's hope it will be a good thing.They checked medicals from the doctor but not my vaccinations I took as a kid.Anyway I will update in two months I guess.Thank you for everything :)

She was very friendly though she told me you qualify but to give you a visa I need the missing papers so let's hope it will be a good thing.They checked medicals from the doctor but not my vaccinations I took as a kid.Anyway I will update in two months I guess.Thank you for everything :)

Ahhh, ok, that makes sense. Your medical includes the verification that you have the vaccinations that they care about, so the childhood record is not needed.

Re I134, that is up to the CO how they decide you won't become a public charge, so sometimes they ask for financials, sometimes not.

I'm sorry you got put on AP, that sucks, but I'm glad to see Simon has tried to provide some clarifications regarding what could be going on.

It seems to me though you have a flawed understanding of the processing. Just because the CO did not request to see your I-134 does not mean she did not firmly adhere to the required rules. Request for financial evidence is a discretionary one depending on how the CO views the applicant. Also the CO does not need to see your vaccination record, all the information they require is should already be in the sealed medical report (the panel Doctor has already entered the vaccination information on the medical form).

Anyway hurry up and get the information they need back to them. Good luck!

As I read from the beginning in my DV adventure ..I learned that you have to be in a hurry. How can you say that you will update in two months? You must get your transcripts ASAP than post to the embassy . This is the way to get your Visa.

As I read from the beginning in my DV adventure ..I learned that you have to be in a hurry. How can you say that you will update in two months? You must get your transcripts ASAP than post to the embassy . This is the way to get your Visa.

She means she will update us in 2 months....

Just wondering whether KCC is still sending 2nl.s or that was it for January ?

esa, lutsss, denis, Egli, enodr, alman... please share if you have news.