• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

hi guys!!
im freshly new to the forum, and just reading the posts i can realize how many people are in the same situation as me....waiting for the infamous interview to be scheduled. My case number is 2015EU000006** , but sadly sent the form 260 late July. Im constantly checking my emails and the Entrant Status Check, which by the way doesent say anything about my current position. My case number as you all can see is very low, im very scared that because i sent the 260 too late they are not gonna call me for the interview....or maybe there is some problem on the form i dont know....what i know is that i moved from another country to my home country just for this long time dream to come true...i dont really want to annoy the KCC...they ve told me they get kinda skeptical if you get too pushy...any suggestions?
Did they really tell you that it's getting skeptical? I have been getting on their nerves too...:eek:

well I didn call them yet exactly for this reason. ..ive been told from american friends that can get so. ..but for what I saw in the other posts people get to know the interview date before the 2nl....how did you get on their nerves?:)

So today hopefully KCC will begin to send the 2nl.s
Below I am giving my opinion on who will get the email for a January interview:

esa EU** OCT Ankara 6/7/2014 - yes
EU2015 EU4,*** OCT London 6/7/2014 - yes
lutsss EU4,*** OCT Chisinau 18/06/2014 - definitely yes
hopper EU4,*** OCT 16/06/2014 - definitely yes
denis EU5,*** OCT Tirana 17/07/2014 - maybe
Sunny Girl EU6*** OCT Yerevan 23/06/2014 - definitely yes
oferimi EU6,1** OCT - ?
Egli EU7,*** OCT Tirana 10/6/2014 - definitely yes
hohol EU8,*** OCT, NOV Kiev - ?
enodr EU10,4** DEC Tirana 10/6/2014 - definitely yes
Flori_ALB_NY EU11,4** DEC Tirana August - ?
Liridon EU13,*** JAN Tirana - ?
alman EU14,*** JAN Tirana 20/05/2014 - definitely yes

What do you think?

(data according to the online doc in this thread)

Reactions: esa

oferimi EU6,1** OCT - ?

What do you think?

LOL - this is a game that wasn't necessary in previous years. We could call the game "how bad did the DS260 fiasco affect your case".

FYI, it is not date of submission of the DS260 that matters, it is a matter of when they complete processing. So, to take the first two predictions (just as an example), ESA and EU2015. It is "possible" that one will be completed and the other not even though they both submitted on the same day.

Reactions: esa

oferimi EU6,1** OCT - ?

What do you think?

Thanks Flori but I agree with you about '' Definitely yes'' will get their 2nd letters but I'm not sure about '' yes '' because of I believe that KCC did not processed the forms submitted on July. KCC is really really slow , very slow . The women from KCC who I called 3 weeks before told me to call again 3 weeks later. I decided not to call . Just wait and check once a day makes me feel better. It's a game as Britsimon said . Apps Store , Samsung Play Store, this is a warning to you !!

LOL - this is a game that wasn't necessary in previous years. We could call the game "how bad did the DS260 fiasco affect your case".

FYI, it is not date of submission of the DS260 that matters, it is a matter of when they complete processing. So, to take the first two predictions (just as an example), ESA and EU2015. It is "possible" that one will be completed and the other not even though they both submitted on the same day.

Me & my husband were waiting approval for our EB-5 visa since 2 years as they told us processing time will took 6-9 months in Oct.2012. We got RFE last year on August.2013. We got second RFE 2 days ago. This means the approval maybe 6 months later or not :) .
Agree with you too . As I submitted on the same date with EU2015. Nobody knows who will get the interview date . Today we are waiting our interview if our forms submitted or not. Decided not to call KCC. Just to check daily.If any new information I will share it here ..

What happens when you have all the current cases for the month + a bunch of delayed cases and a limited capacity at embassies; does KCC schedule the delayed first and the current second or the delayed wait until there is not enough current people to fill in the spots? This of course assumes enough ds forms have been processed to create this scenario.

I am coming from the fact that if you do not get an inteview in the month you are current, you lose the reserved visa. Are delayed cases treated the same as rescheduled cases?

What happens when you have all the current cases for the month + a bunch of delayed cases and a limited capacity at embassies; does KCC schedule the delayed first and the current second or the delayed wait until there is not enough current people to fill in the spots? This of course assumes enough ds forms have been processed to create this scenario.

I am coming from the fact that if you do not get an inteview in the month you are current, you lose the reserved visa. Are delayed cases treated the same as rescheduled cases?

Well first of all - the comment about losing your visa if you interview after you are current is rubbish - not true at all - whether they introduce the delay (as with the DS260 fiasco) or someone who simply hasn't yet submitted their forms.

Second, KCC are able to vary the VB progression - and I am sure they have slowed the VB progression to handle the volume of DS260 cases completing.

Third, in general the embassies can increase their capacities somewhat, so in most cases this isn't an issue where a region's processing is spread amongst several embassies. So, the only problem that capacity adds is when a single embassy carries most of the case volume for a region. This is most clearly evident in AS region where Nepal embassy was probably the single limiting factor that restricted the CN progression in the latest VB.

Makes sense.

The comment about losing the visa comes from things I have read here when people ask about rescheduling their interviews. I thought some people lost their 2014 slots because of this but it appears I misunderstood.

Thanks for the explanation.

Makes sense.

The comment about losing the visa comes from things I have read here when people ask about rescheduling their interviews. I thought some people lost their 2014 slots because of this but it appears I misunderstood.

People who rescheduled an already set appointment are risking their place, yes - but that doesn't mean that you cannot submit late and still get your visa....

Makes sense.

Yes but that's because they already had a visa number assigned with the interview and gave that up - which is completely different to not having had an interview scheduled yet because of delays at KCC.

Thanks Simon and Susie. That really helped. I was hoping this would be the case and I am very relieved to hear your thoughts confirming it.

Second, KCC are able to vary the VB progression - and I am sure they have slowed the VB progression to handle the volume of DS260 cases completing.
This is true in general but not for EU where we didn't see the slow down in Dec VB. Does this mean they have cleared the most of the volume for this region? Maybe we should expect 2nl.s even for late submittion of eForms with "current" status. Let's see.

This is true in general but not for EU where we didn't see the slow down in Dec VB. Does this mean they have cleared the most of the volume for this region? Maybe we should expect 2nl.s even for late submittion of eForms with "current" status. Let's see.

We'll EU did not have to be held, probably for two reasons. First, background checks are easier because of more more advanced record keeping systems across EU compared to Africa for instance, and second EU winners are much more spread out among embassies so they would not have capacity issues as they do in Asia for instance.

Another question occurred to me after following the discussion here:

I'm an EU DV winner, but currently live in a country whose citizens aren't eligible to participate in the DV lottery (Canada). The location of my interview will be the US consulate in this country (no interview scheduled yet). Here's my question: Does the fact that citizens of the country I live in at the moment (Canada) aren't eligible to participate in the DV lottery somehow affect the processing of the DV 260s? E.g. slower because not a priority in this country, or faster because presumably fewer cases to deal with?

Another question occurred to me after following the discussion here:

I'm an EU DV winner, but currently live in a country whose citizens aren't eligible to participate in the DV lottery (Canada). The location of my interview will be the US consulate in this country (no interview scheduled yet). Here's my question: Does the fact that citizens of the country I live in at the moment (Canada) aren't eligible to participate in the DV lottery somehow affect the processing of the DV 260s? E.g. slower because not a priority in this country, or faster because presumably fewer cases to deal with?

Canada's non eligibility factor plays absolutely no role in the processing of DV winners in Canada. Several DV selectees have been processed by the U.S. embassy in Montreal as at when due in the past and are still being processed.

It's November 19th today and nobody received a 2nl ?! Last month emails from KCC were sent several days earlier as I remember, right :rolleyes: