• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

Hey guys,
where exactly can I check the visa status? ceac.state.gov -> Immigrant visa? Not sure which number to enter because it always gives me the error that the number is not valid (passed my interview successful yesterday!)

Hi @Flori_ALB_NY . I was in USA since two weeks and yesterday I came back to get ready to move to USA . I wondered what's happening in your case ? Sory hearing about that . Pls give us your good news when you learn it .
Hi @esa ! Glad to hear you have move forward and soon will be settled in US :)
As for me, I'm checking everyday the CEAC status online. Today the status updated date was changed to April 10th while till yesterday it was March 31st. @Britsimon can you please explain whether the changed date means anything? Reminder: I'm on AP and waiting for an e-mail notification in order to send passports for the visa stamp. Sent an e-mail to the embassy yesterday asking for the application status.

Reactions: esa
As for me, I'm checking everyday the CEAC status online. Today the status updated date was changed to April 10th while till yesterday it was March 31st. @Britsimon can you please explain whether the changed date means anything? Reminder: I'm on AP and waiting for an e-mail notification in order to send passports for the visa stamp. Sent an e-mail to the embassy yesterday asking for the application status.

As far as I can tell, the system tracks the last time the case file was opened/accessed. That causes the update to the date - but it doesn't necessarily mean anything significant - it could just be a batch process, or someone training a new member of staff - whatever.

So don't read anything into it.

Hope to hear your Visa Approved news ASAP . I'm sure that it will not take such a long time . NYC will say you Wellcome soon.

Of course, it makes sense to not quit your present job until your final move. Having said that, there shouldn't be any last minute surprise at the border crossing, it should go smoothly except of course for a possibly longer than the normal wait time to cross.

Thanks! I crossed the border this week, the guard at the gate said that I couldn't just come into the US for a day and then leave for a few weeks, but when he sent me inside the building to talk to the officer who opened my envelope, it wasn't a problem. My status in Canada also didn't come up. According to the officer, I was free to spend the day in the US, return to Canada for about 4-6 weeks to wrap things up here, and then return to the US permanently.

I want to thank everybody here on this forum for their tremendous help. I've learned a lot from the many useful (and occasional useless) questions and answers.

I want to thank in particular the moderators Sm1smom, SusieQQQ, and Britsimon. I have benefited greatly from your advice. Thanks for providing this service to the community.

I will probably not post in this thread again, but turn my attention instead to the various "Life after GC" threads on this forum.

Thank you!

They didnt say and I didnt ask because I figured it would be easier for me to just obtain new police records. I would think that stamps in the passport would prove that you havent been back when it comes to Russia. In my case, it related to a country within the Schengen areas so I dont get any stamps and thus didnt know how I would prove that I havent even been back for even vacation.
Hey Pelle

Just wondering : can you confirm if you asked for the police record with or without apostille ? I was told on the forum an 'apostille' was not really required for a translation but just wondering about the original police record.

Thx in advance for letting me know yr experience.

Grtz

Hey Pelle

Just wondering : can you confirm if you asked for the police record with or without apostille ? I was told on the forum an 'apostille' was not really required for a translation but just wondering about the original police record.

Thx in advance for letting me know yr experience.

Grtz

I dont even know what a "apostille" is so I assume I got police records without. I didnt do anything out of the ordinary when I obtained my police records.

So I went to my interview last week and it took about 2h, of which 1:45h was just waiting. The embassy kept the necessary papers and the interview consisted of one question: "where in the US will you move" and then it was done. I received my passport back yesterday and everything looks fine.

I wanted to thank everyone on this forum, especially Simon, QQQ and mom, for helping out. I havent asked that many questions here but most of my questions have already been asked and answered here at one point and for that I am very grateful. I joined the lottery 10+ times and had more or less given up on winning but now it is done and I got the visa in my passport. I am looking to move permanently to the US after the summer.

So I went to my interview last week and it took about 2h, of which 1:45h was just waiting. The embassy kept the necessary papers and the interview consisted of one question: "where in the US will you move" and then it was done. I received my passport back yesterday and everything looks fine.

I wanted to thank everyone on this forum, especially Simon, QQQ and mom, for helping out. I havent asked that many questions here but most of my questions have already been asked and answered here at one point and for that I am very grateful. I joined the lottery 10+ times and had more or less given up on winning but now it is done and I got the visa in my passport. I am looking to move permanently to the US after the summer.

Awesome! Congratulations and all the best with the next phase!!

Heya guys! Got my medical visit about 10 days ago! All went great apart few things:
a. Photographs. We had just regular photos taken at local pharmacy but they cut them to passport size. Not good. We had to go to a Fuji store nearby the clinic and retake them in a 2"x2" size cut for American Visa (have to specify).
b. Medical records and previous Xrays. Totally useless. They take new ones and they just check your Vaccination history. They gave us a shot of Tetanus booster.
c. Fees. In Dublin we paid €390 per adult and €270 for my son (16 months). A good bit more that what is written in the notes...

Interview in 5 days!!

Little out of plans situation: we'll need the passports the following day for travel reasons, so they recommended to remind this at the interview and send back passports for full approval as we get back to Dublin after few days.
It takes about 4-10 days to get then passports back. As we are numbered for April, it should be OK; if it happens in May, they cannot guarantee our GC! Wooo little panic! ;)

dmatt how did your interview go in Dublin? Did you get your GC? What was it like in the embassy? Any details appreciated. Cheers

Hope to hear your Visa Approved news ASAP . I'm sure that it will not take such a long time . NYC will say you Wellcome soon.
Finally the embassy notified us today, (via e-mail) after 11 working days, to send the passports for the visa stamp !!! You were right @esa , it didn´t take so much at the end because we had 2 Easter breaks (catholic & orthodox) so it took a little more time than usual but hey, we were looking forward to this moment and feel so happy now :)

Finally the embassy notified us today, (via e-mail) after 11 working days, to send the passports for the visa stamp !!! You were right @esa , it didn´t take so much at the end because we had 2 Easter breaks (catholic & orthodox) so it took a little more time than usual but hey, we were looking forward to this moment and feel so happy now :)

Yay! Congratulations that this long road is finally ending!

Thats great newssssss;):):)

Congratulations . Really very happy for you . Best wishes in your new life. Enjoy your visa . hahahah:):)

I dont even know what a "apostille" is so I assume I got police records without. I didnt do anything out of the ordinary when I obtained my police records.
Ok, cheers, Pelle, appreciate yr reply, conflicting info on apostilles for original docs, some say yes, some say no :)
Looks like not necessary indeed

Yay! Congratulations that this long road is finally ending!
Yeah it's ending quickly indeed @SusieQQQ . My visa status changed today to ISSUED :
Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.
:) :) :)
A big big (huge) thank you to all of you my friends @Britsimon , @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ for the generous assistance and patience you have had throughout all this procedure. May god bless you all :) For sure I'll remain part of this forum in order to assist the new DV2016 fortunate selectees and share my experience with everyone.
Keep dreaming people and one day you will achieve. Haha sounds like politicians campaign; btw I hope to have the right of voting soon in US so I can support Hillary Clinton - love her <3 :D

Yeah it's ending quickly indeed @SusieQQQ . My visa status changed today to ISSUED :
Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.
:) :) :)
A big big (huge) thank you to all of you my friends @Britsimon , @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ for the generous assistance and patience you have had throughout all this procedure. May god bless you all :) For sure I'll remain part of this forum in order to assist the new DV2016 fortunate selectees and share my experience with everyone.
Keep dreaming people and one day you will achieve. Haha sounds like politicians campaign; btw I hope to have the right of voting soon in US so I can support Hillary Clinton - love her <3 :D

Congratulations and all the best as you eventually move over to the U.S. As for being able to vote and support HC soon, not quite sure how you hope or plan on pulling off that feat ;)

Congratulations and all the best as you eventually move over to the U.S. As for being able to vote and support HC soon, not quite sure how you hope or plan on pulling off that feat ;)

We can support even if we can't vote :)
Maybe he meant vote in her second term ;)