• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

Heya guys! Got my medical visit about 10 days ago! All went great apart few things:
a. Photographs. We had just regular photos taken at local pharmacy but they cut them to passport size. Not good. We had to go to a Fuji store nearby the clinic and retake them in a 2"x2" size cut for American Visa (have to specify).
b. Medical records and previous Xrays. Totally useless. They take new ones and they just check your Vaccination history. They gave us a shot of Tetanus booster.
c. Fees. In Dublin we paid €390 per adult and €270 for my son (16 months). A good bit more that what is written in the notes...

Interview in 5 days!!

Little out of plans situation: we'll need the passports the following day for travel reasons, so they recommended to remind this at the interview and send back passports for full approval as we get back to Dublin after few days.
It takes about 4-10 days to get then passports back. As we are numbered for April, it should be OK; if it happens in May, they cannot guarantee our GC! Wooo little panic! ;)
was the medical in blackrock? Did you get results straight away? How long were you waiting for an appointment? When is your interview in Dublin? All the issues above were addressed on this forum. Good luck with it.

was the medical in blackrock? Did you get results straight away? How long were you waiting for an appointment? When is your interview in Dublin? All the issues above were addressed on this forum. Good luck with it.

Yeah in Blackrock. I called one or two days after I received my second confirmation letter and they booked me for about 2 weeks before interview. Got the second letter at the end of February...interview on Tuesday! what issue has been previously discussed?

@Flori_ALB_NY What happened with your AP? Did you manage to get the visa last month, or those visas went back to the pool for this month?
Hi @LulKosova ! Still waiting for the embassy contact in order to send the passports. It is 9 days (5 working days) now since I sent the requested docs but I think this is normal and the contact should arrive in a few more days. Meanwhile the status online is still AP for me ('ready' for my family) but updated on March 31st.

I accepted email to check my current status . ( a few days ago I saw (http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/esc) that was scheduled interview for me ). Now can not open this:http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/esc
My question is : where can I check what was written for my interview ?
Do you know that is normal that this link will be down so long time what can I do to see the exact time,date for my interview ?
Any ideas?

If the link is still down tomorrow, contact your embassy with your details and ask them to give you the date of interview. You will still need the letter off the website to book medicals and gain entry to the embassy, but presumably you will have access to it by then!! Anyway make sure you print out and/or save a copy of it elsewhere as soon as the website is up again.

Yeah in Blackrock. I called one or two days after I received my second confirmation letter and they booked me for about 2 weeks before interview. Got the second letter at the end of February...interview on Tuesday! what issue has been previously discussed?
Great stuff. Also nice one getting the interview in nice and early in the month. All the best to you today and the family. Let me know how it goes in Dublin for you. I will be there too if i ever get current.

If the link is still down tomorrow, contact your embassy with your details and ask them to give you the date of interview. You will still need the letter off the website to book medicals and gain entry to the embassy, but presumably you will have access to it by then!! Anyway make sure you print out and/or save a copy of it elsewhere as soon as the website is up again.

The web site is up and running now.

Hi @LulKosova ! Still waiting for the embassy contact in order to send the passports. It is 9 days (5 working days) now since I sent the requested docs but I think this is normal and the contact should arrive in a few more days. Meanwhile the status online is still AP for me ('ready' for my family) but updated on March 31st.
Hi @Flori_ALB_NY . I was in USA since two weeks and yesterday I came back to get ready to move to USA . I wondered what's happening in your case ? Sory hearing about that . Pls give us your good news when you learn it .

How did the interview go for you in Dublin? Any details much appreciated.

Hi Everybody. I have a high CN EU44XXX and the possibilities to have an interview seems very low. At the meantime my family lives in USA from 10 years and they have obtained US citizenship. Two years ago, they have applied for our reunion (me with them). But this practice take several years to be concrete. Now, if I informed the KCC about this fact, can this help me to get a visa even if my CN does not become current? Thank's in advance!

It will not help in any way unfortunately.

Had my interview, got approved (showed up on CEAC by the time I got back home), and already received my passport by courier. I'll enjoy a well-deserved beer tonight...

The only "surprise" was that with my passport and the sealed envelope I got a note that I have to pay a fee to USCIS before entering the US. Of course I'll gladly pay that, I had just never heard about this before.

From where I live it's only a 30-minute drive to the US border anyway, so I'll get a rental car this weekend and drive across the border to activate my status.

Are there any issues known to people on this forum that have arisen at this very final step, the border crossing? EDIT: This will NOT be my final move, I'm just going to activate my status. The final move will follow 4-6 weeks later

Last edited:
Had my interview, got approved (showed up on CEAC by the time I got back home), and already received my passport by courier. I'll enjoy a well-deserved beer tonight...

The only "surprise" was that with my passport and the sealed envelope I got a note that I have to pay a fee to USCIS before entering the US. Of course I'll gladly pay that, I had just never heard about this before.

From where I live it's only a 30-minute drive to the US border anyway, so I'll get a rental car this weekend and drive across the border to activate my status.

Are there any issues known to people on this forum that have arisen at this very final step, the border crossing? EDIT: This will NOT be my final move, I'm just going to activate my status. The final move will follow 4-6 weeks later

Congratulations! Sounds nice and easy.
Surprised you haven't picked up on the USCIS immigrant fee before though - it's been discussed a number of times on the forum and I'm sure is on the DoS websites - it was in our US embassy website too.

Good luck with the border crossing and eventual final move!

Nice news! Enjoy!

Congratulations! Sounds nice and easy.
Surprised you haven't picked up on the USCIS immigrant fee before though - it's been discussed a number of times on the forum and I'm sure is on the DoS websites - it was in our US embassy website too.

Good luck with the border crossing and eventual final move!
Nice news! Enjoy!

Thanks! And I guess I had tunnel vision and was only focused on the immediate next steps...

Question for both of you (and anybody else): Are you aware of any issues that have come up during the final border crossing? I guess driving across the border is a bit less common than arriving at an airport? Though that shouldn't be a problem I guess?

Thanks! And I guess I had tunnel vision and was only focused on the immediate next steps...

Question for both of you (and anybody else): Are you aware of any issues that have come up during the final border crossing? I guess driving across the border is a bit less common than arriving at an airport? Though that shouldn't be a problem I guess?

I saw of one guy getting turned back because he had a criminal record, though eventually got something from the embassy to confirm they knew about it and had issued his visa anyway. Not a very common occurrence I guess !! I don't recall seeing much else about driving over...

There may be some paperwork involved in importing your car when you make the final move.

The only thing likely to happen is that rather than looking at your passport, asking you a couple of questions regarding your trip, and waving you through at the end; you will be asked to park your vehicle and enter the building for proper processing which may take a little bit longer.

There certainly will be detailed paper works involved with the final move if you decide to import your vehicle. You will be required to contact the car manufacturer or get some sort of written confirmation that the vehicle meets the American standards/code, bla bla bla. Anyway, that's not something you need to worry about now ad this is not the final move you're making.

The only thing likely to happen is that rather than looking at your passport, asking you a couple of questions regarding your trip, and waving you through at the end; you will be asked to park your vehicle and enter the building for proper processing which may take a little bit longer.

There certainly will be detailed paper works involved with the final move if you decide to import your vehicle. You will be required to contact the car manufacturer or get some sort of written confirmation that the vehicle meets the American standards/code, bla bla bla. Anyway, that's not something you need to worry about now ad this is not the final move you're making.

Ah, ok. Thanks. I actually don't own a car, and my first border crossing (planned for this weekend), and my eventual permanent move will be done using rentals. I don't have much stuff, and everything I want to take with me pretty much into a minivan.

But other than some paperwork at the border at time of first entry, there don't seem to be any really serious issues then? Like, green card rejection at last minute etc?

I'm asking because I don't want to quit my job until my first entry was successful.

EDIT: I may be overly cautious, but you never know, better safe than sorry

Last edited:
Ah, ok. Thanks. I actually don't own a car, and my first border crossing (planned for this weekend), and my eventual permanent move will be done using rentals. I don't have much stuff, and everything I want to take with me pretty much into a minivan.

But other than some paperwork at the border at time of first entry, there don't seem to be any really serious issues then? Like, green card rejection at last minute etc?

I'm asking because I don't want to quit my job until my first entry was successful.

EDIT: I may be overly cautious, but you never know, better safe than sorry

Of course, it makes sense to not quit your present job until your final move. Having said that, there shouldn't be any last minute surprise at the border crossing, it should go smoothly except of course for a possibly longer than the normal wait time to cross.