• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

Thank you @esa and @LulKosova !
@esa how are preparations going for the interview?
Well we did the medicals this week. I'm a MD. So I did all the family members vaccined. The med. exam was so nice. They performed PPD on the kids left arms and we got the results 72 hours later. The US embassy in ANK mailed us that the documents that we sent them are processed. Now we are waiting the interview with collywobbles and cramps in my stomach.:) As the time passes my heart is palpitating faster and faster

Well we did the medicals this week. I'm a MD. So I did all the family members vaccined. The med. exam was so nice. They performed PPD on the kids left arms and we got the results 72 hours later. The US embassy in ANK mailed us that the documents that we sent them are processed. Now we are waiting the interview with collywobbles and cramps in my stomach.:) As the time passes my heart is palpitating faster and faster

I chuckled at the mix of medical and non medical terms mixed together. :)

Reactions: esa
hi, just checked with KCC and my forms submitted on Jan 7 have not even started processing...how long till does it
take from the submission till they start processing the forms? KCC said to check at the end of February ..I assume 70%
of the forms have been already started processing, so this should speed up the process; maybe the processing time is
not that long, maybe the waiting till someone picks up the submitted forms takes long time.

I chuckled at the mix of medical and non medical terms mixed together. :)

Yes I understand you .:) Its realy hard to speak for me . Because when I am speaking ,at the same time some questions coming to my mind . Did he or she understand the words I used ? So when I use nonmedical and medical words together these questions comes to mind more lesser .

I checked on page and my interview is scheduled in March, but I didn't have received yet anything on mail :)

They do take a few hours to churn through the system. The email doesn't say anything interesting though - you already have the important info from the ESC page.

Yes. Get on and file your ds260 asap.
Ay ay, Sir ! This weekend, without fail ! :)

Now since this turns out to be such a great forum with top notch info, mind if I pop another question ?
Actually thinking of getting married with my gf. Thing is, as I said : CN is EU29xxx, submitting DS-260 this wknd.
Will it be frowned upon (or even possibly cause disqualification) if I enter 'married' and then marry in the coming weeks (I can't wait till we can arrange to get married before I submit my DS-260, am already way late with that as it is) ? I read somewhere here about a person even submitting as 'single' and then unlocking the DS-260 to enter married so guess ok, no ?
Will entering as married cause further delays in my processing (again, am already late) ?

Thx in advance for any feedback.

Ay ay, Sir ! This weekend, without fail ! :)

Now since this turns out to be such a great forum with top notch info, mind if I pop another question ?
Actually thinking of getting married with my gf. Thing is, as I said : CN is EU29xxx, submitting DS-260 this wknd.
Will it be frowned upon (or even possibly cause disqualification) if I enter 'married' and then marry in the coming weeks (I can't wait till we can arrange to get married before I submit my DS-260, am already way late with that as it is) ? I read somewhere here about a person even submitting as 'single' and then unlocking the DS-260 to enter married so guess ok, no ?
Will entering as married cause further delays in my processing (again, am already late) ?

Thx in advance for any feedback.

You cannot and should not submit your DS-260 form as married as long as the marriage hasn't taken place. You can either go ahead and submit as single now, then unlock the form and add your girlfriend/spouse after the marriage as taken place, or wait till after getting married and submit for both of you for the first time as married.

Thx, Sm1smom, appreciate the quick revert and advice !

One more question : submitting my DS-260 now. If we manage to get married in the next few weeks and I ask to unlock the form afterwards, will that sort of 'set me back' ? I mean, as in : will they start reprocessing my entry all over again from the new submission date or will it 'count' that I already submitted it today and they'll move on from there ?

Thx, Sm1smom, appreciate the quick revert and advice !

One more question : submitting my DS-260 now. If we manage to get married in the next few weeks and I ask to unlock the form afterwards, will that sort of 'set me back' ? I mean, as in : will they start reprocessing my entry all over again from the new submission date or will it 'count' that I already submitted it today and they'll move on from there ?

As best as we can tell, getting it submitted now will get it in the queue to be processed and adding the spouse later won't delay you much.

Cheers, Britsimon, your feedback and advice are much appreciated !

Passport expired yesterday so submitting with 'other travel documentation' and will unlock form later to add passport details :)

Just outta curiosity : there's a part where you need to fill in the name + address of where you intend to live once you move to the States.
But I guess many people don't know anyone in the States and can't already provide a name and an address of where they'll be in half a year when they move over. Just wondering aloud what one puts there then...

so sorry, folks, stumbled upon a sort of catch-22... the 'previous employment' section... i've been working for the same company for 15 years. i did have other employers, but that's over 15 years ago. so i can't really answer 'no' to the question if i was previously employed. but when i click 'yes', it asks me to list my prev employers of the last ten years... which is the same as my current employer. and so i can't put an end date in.
any advice on how to best answer this one ?

so sorry, folks, stumbled upon a sort of catch-22... the 'previous employment' section... i've been working for the same company for 15 years. i did have other employers, but that's over 15 years ago. so i can't really answer 'no' to the question if i was previously employed. but when i click 'yes', it asks me to list my prev employers of the last ten years... which is the same as my current employer. and so i can't put an end date in.
any advice on how to best answer this one ?

If the form won't let you put the older employer in there you can might be able to include a note, or just mention that at the interview.