• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

Hi guys! At first, I'd like to thank moderators for their precious advices I read from 6 months. My wife and I got our date interview for february, 25th in Paris (we sent our ds260 on the 6th of july, and our case number is EU9xx). We have few questions now:

1. We did not fill the form I-864 for the affidavit of support cause we do have enough savings. We read somewhere that it was not compulsory but it appears in the list of documents to bring at the interview. What do you think?

2. In the 2nd letter, we are asked to follow the instructions of step 4 for the interview. But step 3 is about medical examination which is such important and step 2 is about additional instructions by consulate. Finally, we found two different .pdf for instructions but there are much documents or procedures required in the second one (we cannot post links cause we don't have enough posted yet):
-Additional Embassy or Consulate Instructions on the page "Prepare supporting documents"
-Review U.S. Embassy or Consulate Interview Instructions on the page "Prepare for the interview"

In particular, we do not understand the point of this step:
"Register your appointment: If you currently reside in France register your appointment
with our new courier service at no additional cost by visiting usvisa-info.com.
**Please note, only the appointment date and time given to you by NVC is valid, please
select this date and time only when registering your appointment."
Do we really need to register our appointment?

Thank you for your help!

Dam

Hi guys! At first, I'd like to thank moderators for their precious advices I read from 6 months. My wife and I got our date interview for february, 25th in Paris (we sent our ds260 on the 6th of july, and our case number is EU9xx). We have few questions now:

1. We did not fill the form I-864 for the affidavit of support cause we do have enough savings. We read somewhere that it was not compulsory but it appears in the list of documents to bring at the interview. What do you think?

2. In the 2nd letter, we are asked to follow the instructions of step 4 for the interview. But step 3 is about medical examination which is such important and step 2 is about additional instructions by consulate. Finally, we found two different .pdf for instructions but there are much documents or procedures required in the second one (we cannot post links cause we don't have enough posted yet):
-Additional Embassy or Consulate Instructions on the page "Prepare supporting documents"
-Review U.S. Embassy or Consulate Interview Instructions on the page "Prepare for the interview"

"Register your appointment: If you currently reside in France register your appointment
**Please note, only the appointment date and time given to you by NVC is valid, please

Thank you for your help!

Dam

1. DV cases don't use the 864 form ( they use the I134 if needed). So the instructions you are reading are generic. If you have sufficient funds you don't need the I134.

2. The registration is regarding sending your passports once the visas are there. I would register if I were you.

2. The registration is regarding sending your passports once the visas are there. I would register if I were you.
Hi Britsimon,

Is this registration country-specific? I cannot find any information about it regarding the US consulate in Italy.

1. Some people submitted "late" and had low case numbers. For them, the timing of submission was the limiting factor. However, your DS260 was submitted early and you have a medium number - so for your case the date of submission won't be a factor at all.
2. That is more than enough.

Thanks again for the answers. This forum is certainly proving very helpful!

Despite reading the instructions on the CEAC website very carefully, there are still 2 points that I don't understand (case number EU 24xxx):

1. I submitted my DS-260 only days after the system started accepting them, and I have not heard anything from KCC about it. I have the confirmation page that the application was received, but it says on the site that the KCC will NOT confirm if the application is complete and without gaps. On the other hand, it says that I will be contacted if there is information missing.
I have not heard anything from KCC yet, does that mean that the information submitted on my DS-260 is sufficient?

2. I would expect my number to go current in March/April/May of 2015. Will I get the 2nd letter AS SOON AS the new current numbers go onli e in the bulletin. or on the 1st of that respective month, or any time during that month?

Thanks again for the answers. This forum is certainly proving very helpful!

Despite reading the instructions on the CEAC website very carefully, there are still 2 points that I don't understand (case number EU 24xxx):

1. I submitted my DS-260 only days after the system started accepting them, and I have not heard anything from KCC about it. I have the confirmation page that the application was received, but it says on the site that the KCC will NOT confirm if the application is complete and without gaps. On the other hand, it says that I will be contacted if there is information missing.
I have not heard anything from KCC yet, does that mean that the information submitted on my DS-260 is sufficient?

2. I would expect my number to go current in March/April/May of 2015. Will I get the 2nd letter AS SOON AS the new current numbers go onli e in the bulletin. or on the 1st of that respective month, or any time during that month?

1. It is normal that you haven't heard anything. It is hard to mess the form up if you read the instructions. Relax.

2. You get the 2NL around 6 weeks before the beginning of the month that you will be cuurent. So - if the next VB shows the EU number goes above your number then you will get your 2NL about a month from now.

Thank you for your help!

Dam
There is a similar requirement for an embassy in Asia. I emailed the embassy, and they confirmed that, further saying that principal applicant and spouse have to create one account each. As I figure this is for delivery of the passports after the interview.

1. It is normal that you haven't heard anything. It is hard to mess the form up if you read the instructions. Relax.

2. You get the 2NL around 6 weeks before the beginning of the month that you will be cuurent. So - if the next VB shows the EU number goes above your number then you will get your 2NL about a month from now.

Great. Thanks for clearing that up. Final question (for now I guess...), regarding the medical exam. I never had any serious illnesses, and there are no chronic diseases in my family either. I guess that's enough to pass the medical exam, or are people sometimes rejected for medical reasons other than the really serious cases (HIV, leukemia, serious mental disorders etc.)?

Great. Thanks for clearing that up. Final question (for now I guess...), regarding the medical exam. I never had any serious illnesses, and there are no chronic diseases in my family either. I guess that's enough to pass the medical exam, or are people sometimes rejected for medical reasons other than the really serious cases (HIV, leukemia, serious mental disorders etc.)?

People are not rejected or denied a visa due to HIV or leukemia! Read more about the medical exam process from the following link:

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...cess/interview/prepare/medical-exam-faqs.html

Hi guys,

today I called the medical center to ask some info.
Just to let you know, they told me that 4 pictures are needed this year for the medical (previously it was only one). Not sure if this applies only to Italy though.

Hi guys,

today I called the medical center to ask some info.
Just to let you know, they told me that 4 pictures are needed this year for the medical (previously it was only one). Not sure if this applies only to Italy though.
They actually required 6 photos for each of us:cool:

Hi all,

Congrats everyone with getting 2NL for february interview, including myself :) I was reading this forum for a while and now I think is good start for a first post.
Long story short. Me and my girlfriend (3 years living together) participated in 2015 dv lottery, but only one of us won, me. Now as my interview is scheduled on february we planning to marry :) As I found some topics on this forums that if no froud is involved it should be no brainer to get visas for both of us, maybe some of you guys faced similar situation? Should we inform embassy that we are planning for marriage or just inform after marriage and take all the necessary documents to the interview. As I understand all requirements for my future wife is the same as for me, I mean medical examination and etc.

Thanks and good luck everyone with their interviews :)

Hi all,

Congrats everyone with getting 2NL for february interview, including myself :) I was reading this forum for a while and now I think is good start for a first post.
Long story short. Me and my girlfriend (3 years living together) participated in 2015 dv lottery, but only one of us won, me. Now as my interview is scheduled on february we planning to marry :) As I found some topics on this forums that if no froud is involved it should be no brainer to get visas for both of us, maybe some of you guys faced similar situation? Should we inform embassy that we are planning for marriage or just inform after marriage and take all the necessary documents to the interview. As I understand all requirements for my future wife is the same as for me, I mean medical examination and etc.

Thanks and good luck everyone with their interviews :)

You really should have married sooner so that the KCC could have scheduled you both. So - get on with it!

http://britsimonsays.com/marital-status-getting-married-dv-lottery-process/

You really should have married sooner so that the KCC could have scheduled you both. So - get on with it!

http :/ /britsimonsays.com/marital-status-getting-married-dv-lottery-process/

Yes yes I know but due to certain circumstances we didn't. But we are completely confident that we will go through all the process successfully.

Yes yes I know but due to certain circumstances we didn't. But we are completely confident that we will go through all the process successfully.

I truly hope you know what you're getting into with regards to the process. You're already scheduled for a February interview and you haven't gone ahead with the marriage or indicate you've selected a date as of now. You know you can't just show up at the embassy with a spouse that isn't expected or listed?
Anyway, good luck.

When did you submit your DS form?

I submitted in June, but unlocked and re-submited on the 16th of August. I've been hearing mixed messages about how long it takes for KCC to process the files, but I suppose it's normal that I haven't gotten a 2nd NL yet?