• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners from Asia with CN 10,000+

9 FAM 42.33 NOTES

[...] and as long as necessary, up to 5,000 of the 55,000 annually-allocated diversity visas (DV) can be made available for use under the NACARA program.

Apart from the number 5,000 the NACARA law itself states that

In no case shall the reduction under paragraph (1) for a fiscal year exceed the amount
[...]

What follows is a second upper bound for the reduction – based on the total of the reductions in available DV visas for all previous fiscal years – to the effect that the permissible reduction for DV-2015 could well be close to zero.
So the NACARA allowance is not 5,000 (anymore) and the 50k+ DV visas are to be allocated in agreement with INA 203(c).
I agree.
Observation from Table 7 'Immigrant Number Use for Visa Issuances and Adjustments of Status in the Diversity Immigrant Category' -
Other than 2012, DV visa issued exceed 50k since 2010.

Hi San !! The agent negotiate the winner from the beginning . in one condition, it stated that if the winner of lottery pass the interview or get green card, they need to pay 7000$ to 10000$ to agent. it's very common in Cambodia if agent have the case number of winner.
I really have lot of thing to ask about public charge, in Cambodia Embassy, it seems the Affadivit of Support I-134 form is a must-have and I don know which way i should choose to get affidavit of support from my Uncle in USA or prove myself with bank statement or property.
What do you mean to find AOS San ??? thank you
7000-10000 dollars - ain't this crazy! Even Silicon does not have this much money.
AoS is the Affidavit of Support. Since COs are so demanding in your embassy, you will have to do both Affidavit and statements + properties.

Seems like nepalese are right on kcc's crosshair.. They need more Nepalese in America.. Too many asians already.
I cannot agree with your language or hatefulness against Nepal, the law(INA) has been in place for years.

I have no reason to believe they were favoring any country.

Like I said, no point to be hateful or angry. It won't change anything.As least through these discussion, we understand more together.

By the way, thank you for the good wishes from your post yesterday.

Last edited:
Yep, additional upside for folks from Nepal... 7% max country limit is not necessarily an extreme issue for smaller countries in my pov.
You have a good point. For smaller country like mine, it all depends on the rank order which is random.

However, it has quite an impact to a region as a whole.Particularly those region which get more than 3500 visa like AF,EU, and AS

I'd like to jump in the discussion, but reading those long posts take too much of my work time (imagine a Jew working Saturdays).
@Anxiety2015 , no doubt, you mean no disrespect, neither does Britsimon, I am sure.
+20 C does indeed feels cold in the land of smiles. I set the AC to 26.
@Britsimon , "bumble bee" goes into my metaphors collection along with the best-selling goose.

In my fleeting predictions career, there is one thing that I got right. That is, Silicon would sooner or later start assaulting Iranians, the way he had been doing Nepalese.

I'd like to jump in the discussion, but reading those long posts take too much of my work time (imagine a Jew working Saturdays).
@Anxiety2015 , no doubt, you mean no disrespect, neither does Britsimon, I am sure.
+20 C does indeed feels cold in the land of smiles. I set the AC to 26.
@Britsimon , "bumble bee" goes into my metaphors collection along with the best-selling goose.
No problem Sensei, thanks for joining in.
Yeah, it was quite an interesting but unfortunate misunderstanding discussion we had.

Someday, I just wish to visit you beautiful and warm land of smile.

Because the law says so.

Look, there must be some law you dislike in Indonesia right? Despite that, still going to follow them, right?

No way around it unless you elect someone to change the law.

Last edited:
Let's PRETEND they want to for a second, you know they won't do illegal things right?

Government workers want/like their jobs. They last thing they need is to act illegally and lose their job, agree?

Not everyone can/will act illegally. I am sure you don't since you want for future chance to go to US or elsewhere for your family too, right.

Take a moment, I am sure you are not going to break the law.
Look,I know you are a good person, just from the nice wishes you had for me yesterday. You are just in the moment for now.

7000-10000 dollars - ain't this crazy! Even Silicon does not have this much money.
AoS is the Affidavit of Support. Since COs are so demanding in your embassy, you will have to do both Affidavit and statements + properties.
Yeah For sure . it is 7000 to 10000$ . Few friends I have known they already pay them and they have gone to US already . For me , I am worrying of myself on Affidavit of support . My uncle has 4 children and his family member totally is 6 including his wife. his income is less than 45000$ a year. so I don have any idea where i should prepare because, if my uncle is not having enough income , he will not be able to prove me and my wife to not become a public charge.
If I really have interview in DV2016, it's my big problem .
Thank you San .

That criticism is well accepted, Sussie.
However, I must respectfully disagree considering the following.

The assumptions are based on the lack of known law/procedure regarding unused NACARA visa.
In fact, I have considered the rule under INA for redistribution of visas under the DV program.

So the key of our debate here is whether the 5k reserve for NACARA a part of the DV allocation
or
it's a different pool all together.

My point is, from the below USCIS yearbook screenshot, reads" Since 1999,5000 of those visas have been allocated for use if needed under NACARA, making the curret diversity limit 50,000 plus unused NACARA visas

Sussie, would you reconsider after this statement regarding a obligation to redistribute unsed NACARA visa in of the above and attachment?

Link: http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/FSDiversityLPR2004.pdf

As to why I am making this argument, well, this will dramatically change the visa available to the AS region, from about 2000(all), to 300(proportion) to none.

Note: How they re-distribut the unused visas is not documented in INA. There's is the general clause on how the distribut/re-distribut under INA 203(c). So I took the liberty to apply the same re-distribution calculation.

Your original statement was that the allocation was not fair.
I disagree.
Also, if there was an obligation to redistribute Nacara visas then there would have been 55k visas issued in total each year, and there haven't.
Bottom line: You can't make a bunch of assumptions and then say uscis is not being fair based on those assumptions. You know what they say about assuming....

You are welcome. By the way, in my understanding the requirement for DV inelligibilty is more than 50,000 immigrants of any given country over the last 5 years, counting all IV categories...

The categories exclude DV. They may exclude others, not sure, but I know it excludes DV. I remember the discussion around the Nigerian ineligibility, which would have happened some years earlier if DV was included.

Edit: for some reason I can't copy and paste, but see the 4th paragraph here for DV and other exclusions from the calculated total for ineligibility - basically the 50k is only family and employment based green cards.

http://www.immihelp.com/green-card-lottery/american-visa-lottery-eligible-countries.html

Last edited:
Yeah For sure . it is 7000 to 10000$ . Few friends I have known they already pay them and they have gone to US already . For me , I am worrying of myself on Affidavit of support . My uncle has 4 children and his family member totally is 6 including his wife. his income is less than 45000$ a year. so I don have any idea where i should prepare because, if my uncle is not having enough income , he will not be able to prove me and my wife to not become a public charge.
If I really have interview in DV2016, it's my big problem .
Thank you San .
The income of the sponsor has to be at least 100% of the poverty guidline for a given family size. Some embassies insist that the imcome be at least 125% of the guidline. There are options to combine income with assets of the sponsor (there are formulas for different asset types).
Check our poverty guidlines here: http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/15poverty.cfm
So for family of 8 including you and your wife, the guidline is 41,000. The income of 45,000 is about 110% of that.

The income of the sponsor has to be at least 100% of the poverty guidline for a given family size. Some embassies insist that the imcome be at least 125% of the guidline. There are options to combine income with assets of the sponsor (there are formulas for different asset types).
Check our poverty guidlines here: http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/15poverty.cfm
So for family of 8 including you and your wife, the guidline is 41,000. The income of 45,000 is about 110% of that.

Wait, I don't think you've calculated it right. I don't think it's done as a family of 8, because it includes 2 adult couples. I think you need to add one family of two plus one family of six. Happy to be corrected if this is wrong.