• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners and 2016 applicants South america and the Caribbean

Regarding the translators in Venezuela I guess that the US Embassy does not have an official translators list. You just have to find an official translator registered at the Ministerio de Interior y Justicia under a Gaceta Oficial and so.

Hi MrTolix. Indeed in the VB were called around 475 CN for SA. So far no interview notifications for no one. I heard it will take one or two weeks to get the email with interview date since the VB issue, but it will also depend if KCC has finished all paper work regarding your DS260. So we are all still waiting for any news.

Honestly, checking email often makes me anxious.

Abrazo.

I'm not in that CN and i'm already anxious!

I've just got my 2NL email and my appointment is already scheduled. WOW!
Hello FAB777, When did you submit the DS 260? Just as a reference. I am also from Venezuela and my CN is close to yours (3XX) and I submited my form on May 31st. Regards, Lara

Hello FAB777, When did you submit the DS 260? Just as a reference. I am also from Venezuela and my CN is close to yours (3XX) and I submited my form on May 31st. Regards, Lara

Hi Lara. As far as I remember it was around May 10. Have you addressed KCC in order to know how the check of your documents were going? I did it a couple of times just to ensure there was no problem nor need to amend my DS260. Anyway, I believe that according to your CN and DS260 submission date you'll get your 2NL shortly. Suerte!

Hi Lara. As far as I remember it was around May 10. Have you addressed KCC in order to know how the check of your documents were going? I did it a couple of times just to ensure there was no problem nor need to amend my DS260. Anyway, I believe that according to your CN and DS260 submission date you'll get your 2NL shortly. Suerte!
Thanks FAB777. I haven´t emailed KCC yet, I will wait until tomorrow to do that if I haven´t recieved the 2NL by then. Good Luck at your interview!

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if you can work as soon as you are in the US with the temporary visa they stick on you passport while you get your green card? or you have to wait until you get the physical green card.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if you can work as soon as you are in the US with the temporary visa they stick on you passport while you get your green card? or you have to wait until you get the physical green card.

Thanks

You can start work immediately.

I answered a question about this so let me post a couple of extra things here...

• The Green Card itself is actually the I-551. Inside the one use visa that you get in a CP case it says something like "Upon endorsement serves as temporary I551 evidencing permanent residence for up to 1 year". So - that means that the visa itself is good enough A good HR department will understand that - but not all HR departments are good.

You might be able to get your I94 record from here (although their records are not always accurate):-
    https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/consent.html

The I9 is a form that employers have to fill out when they hire someone. They are supposed to have checked the documents, and as I say - some HR staff are doing this right - some don't have a clue. If you meet the latter type and they give you a hard time about the endorsed visa, tell them to read the I9 form, List A, document 3. It SPECTIFICALLY mentioned the temporary I-551 as acceptable.

Regarding the SSN. You can get a job offer without showing an SSN. You can even start work without one, but the I9 expects that the HR department have seen (and photocopied) the SSN. That is List C, document 1. Most large HR departments would not let your payroll run without the SSN - but some will.
  • The I9 is a form that every employer needs to fill out when they hire someone. So - an employer asking to see your Green Card is asking BECAUSE they have to fill out the I9.

By the way - the employer CANNOT tell you what documents you must provide. Doing so is a form of discrimination as clearly stated on page 1 of the I9 document itself!!!

So - you look at the list of acceptable documents and provide the ones listed. Be polite, but firm and if necessary point out the strongly worded warning on page 1.

Thanks for your comprehensive answer..... quite helpful

Can you give me your personal opinion on this: (think I asked before)
I got a misspelling on my DS-260 form (I have an extra R on my last name). This is coming from when I was registered for the lottery program and because the name is carried forward to the DS-260 form I’m not able to amend it (I can’t edit the name section). I sent an email to KKC but the answer was really generic (amend the form if mistake was made) so no real help as I can’t edit the name section.

Do you think it will cause problems??

Thanks Britsimon