• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners and 2016 applicants South america and the Caribbean

interview experience Caracas (Venezuela)

Hello! I don’t want to start this post describing our interview experience without thanking God in the first place, who blessed our lives enormously. Secondly, I have to thank God for letting me know @Cornelio, who guided us and was very supportive thru the entire experience, and last but not least to @Britsimon for all his knowledge and answers with absolutely good heart and will.

Our appointed interview was scheduled for Dec 2, 2:00pm at the American Consulate in Caracas. We got there by 1:00pm and went to the first security checkpoint. Form there we went thru other screenings and checking before getting to the Immigrant Section. We took a ticket are we called at booth 14. The CO gently greeted us and proceeded to take our fingerprints and told us to sit while he asked my wife (the main applicant) all our documents. I sat with mi kid in front of the booth and I could hear everything she was asked. First our passports, then my wife’s civil documents, then mines and our son’s. He only requested photocopies of each documents and the original translations. After that, the CO asked for me to come to the booth and asked if i was married previously, how many times I had traveled to the US and what was the longest stay there. He told me to take a seat again and kept asking my wife for more documents. After 10 minutes he told her to go pay the visa fees for the interview: 330USD @6,30VEF/USD and that we were going to be called by another CO afterwards. She made the payments and handed them to the first CO. It was just 1 minute of wait and we were being called to booth 16. The officer told us to raise our right hand to make an oath of telling the truth and nothing but the truth; he took again our fingerprints and no questions asked he told us straight forward “Your visas have been approved! Congratulations!”

I must say that both COs were very kind, gentle and respectful. It took us just 30 minutes from entering to leaving with our visas approved.

I strongly advice to all selectees avoid paying for any agent services. This was very simple even though it seems to be complex. The blog britsimonsays.com helped a lot from my experience. But above it all, have faith in God almighty.

I wish all God’s blessings for those who have their interviews scheduled for next month or are waiting for their 2NL.

God bless you all.

cleardot.gif

Hi man! I'm so happy for you and your family! So far, this adventure has been successful for all Venezuelans applying. You have all gone green. I hope to join that club next March!

Wish you all the best in the next steps!

Hi man! I'm so happy for you and your family! So far, this adventure has been successful for all Venezuelans applying. You have all gone green. I hope to join that club next March!

Wish you all the best in the next steps!
Many thanks brother, thank you for your words and have faith in God that will get your green card

Hello Guys!..
I have been selected for the year 2016... I have completed the DS260 and waiting for the interview, any1 can tell me how long takes to arrange the interview?
Thanks in advance

Hello Guys!..
I have been selected for the year 2016... I have completed the DS260 and waiting for the interview, any1 can tell me how long takes to arrange the interview?
Thanks in advance
Hi José, the time depends on the date when you sent your DS260 and your case number

Hi José, the time depends on the date when you sent your DS260 and your case number
Thanks ... actually I have sent the DS260 on 20th October and the case number is ending in 1XX... I have revised the Visa Bulletins but to be honest I don't understand the figures... Thanks one more time for your help

Last edited:
Thanks ... actually I have sent the DS260 on 20th October and the case number is ending in 1XX... I have revised the Visa Bulletins but to be honest I don't understand the figures... Thanks one more time for your help

So your interview will be delayed because you sent your forms in so late. Expect your 2NL is Jan or Feb for a March or April interview.

Hi @mrtolix !As for me, i'm current for March, waiting for my 2NL. I have everything, i even updated my police records last week. What i'm having trouble with is with the PPD test for my three kids. I need to have them before the medical check and i'm strting to worry because no private owned lab or gov run "Distrito Sanitrio" has it. I almost freaked out when the nurse said "there is no waiver for that and people have traveled to Aruba to take that test, you should call everyday to check your nearest 'Distrito' ". So, if any of you has any info, please share!

Hi... @mrtolix also I am waiting the 2NL hope that I will come soon!.. I will advise you guys any update.. @Cornelio I would like to ask you how do you know that you r currently for March for the 2NL?

Thank you and we r in touch!

José leo! The latest Visa Bulletin for February wich states the numbers for March, setted the cut for SA in 800, and, as i'm bellow that cut number and my DS260 should be processed (i sent them June 2015) i should have the interview in March.

Saludos!

Hi @Guarapa ! They should be out next week. In December and November people got it in the last days of the month. I even remember reading in thia forum that they are sent within 5-7 weeks prior to the interview.

They're out! March interviews 2NL

I have my appointment scheduled!!!!!

It will take place March 8!

Fingers crossed, faith in God, waiting for everything to be ok and give you the good news!

I am also in the March batch; received my 2NL yesterday. Best of luck to all my fellow SA's @Cornelio and @Jose Leo !
Do any of you intend to get an updated Police Clearance in February? Do you see any issue in having it dated as of January 2016?