• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners and 2016 applicants South america and the Caribbean

Hi guys, long time no see. But I just wanted you to know that today I got the interview at the Caracas Consulate and my visa was ... APPROVED! I'm totally exhausted at this moment and I only want to go to bed now, but happy. Last days have been totally nuts and now my head is about to explode with tons of ideas, hopes and to do lists.

Tomorrow I will give you full details about medical exam and today's interview, but it was kind of fast and easy everything.

I'm absolutely convinced you all are going to make it.

Congratulatioooooooon, I think you're the first DV2016 Selectee got approved in this forum, waiting for the story, good luck for, to do list.

Hi guys, long time no see. But I just wanted you to know that today I got the interview at the Caracas Consulate and my visa was ... APPROVED! I'm totally exhausted at this moment and I only want to go to bed now, but happy. Last days have been totally nuts and now my head is about to explode with tons of ideas, hopes and to do lists.

Tomorrow I will give you full details about medical exam and today's interview, but it was kind of fast and easy everything.

Congratulations my friend! ill wait for the details, best regards!

Woo congelation that's good news and since you are convinced lets keep our hopes high

Hey @FAB777 that's awesome news! We are all here very happy for you and hoping we will board the same boat soon... Looking forward to your extensive report as soon as you get some chill out ;)
Btw, have you already paid the USCIS fee?

Hi everybody! I was recently aproached by a visa agent who offered to help me with my case. After reviewing my DS-260, I was told I had two mistakes: First one, my wife (the selectee) is a nurse and he said she shouldn't have answered YES to the "Are you a healthcare worker seeking to perform such work in the United States but have not yet received certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreing Nursing School or from equivalent approved independent credentialing organization?
I have read that it is irrelevant to answer yes or no. But the second mistake he pointed out was that I translated my "University's name. Instead of putting "Universidad Central de Venezuela" I went "Central University of Venezuela", and my home address, is that really an issue?

Hi everybody! I was recently aproached by a visa agent who offered to help me with my case. After reviewing my DS-260, I was told I had two mistakes: First one, my wife (the selectee) is a nurse and he said she shouldn't have answered YES to the "Are you a healthcare worker seeking to perform such work in the United States but have not yet received certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreing Nursing School or from equivalent approved independent credentialing organization?
I have read that it is irrelevant to answer yes or no. But the second mistake he pointed out was that I translated my "University's name. Instead of putting "Universidad Central de Venezuela" I went "Central University of Venezuela", and my home address, is that really an issue?

Ho Hum. I hope you didn't pay the visa agent...

OK - first question. It actually doesn't matter how you answer. Whatever you answer will not be a problem. However, I would always advise being as truthful as possible.

The question is actually in two parts, broken at the word "but".
First Are you a healthcare worker seeking to perform such work in the USA. Well if she is already a nurse and plans to persue a career in that field - the answer to that part is YES.
Part two is you do not have the credentials yet. She hasn't.

So the answer to the whole question is YES - right?

As for the second question about translating the name - it won't matter.

Ho Hum. I hope you didn't pay the visa agent...

OK - first question. It actually doesn't matter how you answer. Whatever you answer will not be a problem. However, I would always advise being as truthful as possible.

The question is actually in two parts, broken at the word "but".
First Are you a healthcare worker seeking to perform such work in the USA. Well if she is already a nurse and plans to persue a career in that field - the answer to that part is YES.
Part two is you do not have the credentials yet. She hasn't.

So the answer to the whole question is YES - right?

As for the second question about translating the name - it won't matter.[
Britsimon can you send me your email please, I would like ask you a question in private

Britsimon can you send me your email? I would like to ask you something personal

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys! I had my appt today. I got approved! I was nervous but calmed, I was very concerned about my documents because I couldn't do the Apostille process, my appt for the foreign ministry was too far ahead in time and I was in a hurry for my appt at the Embassy of US. I gave my papers to a "gestor" and the man lost my original birth certificate and police records... he also had my higschool diploma but I was able to get it back in time (last week) thank god. Fortunately, I had another birth certificate and I asked for another police record just in time. So the whole Apostille process was a nightmare for me, you have no idea. I was nervous I was going to be disqualified for not having it.

I organized my folder very well with all the documents. My appt was at 3 pm in Caracas Embassy.
I got at 2:30 and they made me go in, they put a paper on my passport, did the security check of my bag and my folder and let me in the Immigrant Visa department.
I took a number waited to be called (I didnt wait much, the room had very few people). They called my number and a venezuelan officer asked me for my passport, my photos, birth certificate, police records (all translated) he didnt mention anything for not having the Apostille. phewww
He asked me for my highschool diploma copy, university diploma copy (all translated).
He asked me my longest stay in the US and if I was ever married.
He took my fingerprints, then he told me to pay the $330 and hand back the receit to him. I did so (I paid in Bs. 2079 which was awesome considering our crazy exchange rates).
Then I was called by an american CO and he made me do the oath and took again my finger prints. He asked me if Id already taken the National Dental boards (coz im a dentist and I put on the 260 I was looking forward getting my license there) I said I hadnt yet that I was studying and waiting to move to the US.
He took my fingerprints again.
And he said its done thats it!
He explained me the USCIS payment and gave me a paper with an information. He said that I was going to get a message to pick up my passport at Zoom office in about 2 or 3 weeks.

Thats it guys!! I did it!! I feel weird. I can't believe it. thank you @Britsimon and everyone else on this forum for sharing your knowledge with us.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSS! You did it!!!! Our second venezuelan fellow forumer that has gone GREEN!
May God keep blessing you! You had quite a situation going on there with the missing apostille but you luckily sorted that out!

Best of lucks now!

Saludos!

Hi guys! I had my appt today. I got approved! I was nervous but calmed, I was very concerned about my documents because I couldn't do the Apostille process, my appt for the foreign ministry was too far ahead in time and I was in a hurry for my appt at the Embassy of US. I gave my papers to a "gestor" and the man lost my original birth certificate and police records... he also had my higschool diploma but I was able to get it back in time (last week) thank god. Fortunately, I had another birth certificate and I asked for another police record just in time. So the whole Apostille process was a nightmare for me, you have no idea. I was nervous I was going to be disqualified for not having it.

I organized my folder very well with all the documents. My appt was at 3 pm in Caracas Embassy.
I got at 2:30 and they made me go in, they put a paper on my passport, did the security check of my bag and my folder and let me in the Immigrant Visa department.
I took a number waited to be called (I didnt wait much, the room had very few people). They called my number and a venezuelan officer asked me for my passport, my photos, birth certificate, police records (all translated) he didnt mention anything for not having the Apostille. phewww
He asked me for my highschool diploma copy, university diploma copy (all translated).
He took my fingerprints, then he told me to pay the $330 and hand back the receit to him. I did so (I paid in Bs. 2079 which was awesome considering our crazy exchange rates).
Then I was called by an american CO and he made me do the oath and took again my finger prints. He asked me if Id already taken the National Dental boards (coz im a dentist and I put on the 260 I was looking forward getting my license there) I said I hadnt yet that I was studying and waiting to move to the US.
He explained me the USCIS payment and gave me a paper with an information. He said that I was going to get a message to pick up my passport at Zoom office in about 2 or 3 weeks.

Thats it guys!! I did it!! I feel weird. I can't believe it. thank you @Britsimon and everyone else on this forum for sharing your knowledge with us.

Congratulations !!!

Congratulation! am happy for you hope you never meet any more "gestors "

Congratulations @cmara25 ! and a million thanks for sharing your experience with us! Hope I follow your steps soon! All the best in your new life!

Brit Hi how are you? I have 2 questions and I would like you to help me
I have a friend who wants to register the lottery in 2017 but she lived illegally in the US for 4 years but was not deported, she left voluntarily, she will be participating under this condition? she has 2 children who are American citizens currently living with her, she has to register in the registration form?

Brit Hi how are you? I have 2 questions and I would like you to help me
I have a friend who wants to register the lottery in 2017 but she lived illegally in the US for 4 years but was not deported, she left voluntarily, she will be participating under this condition? she has 2 children who are American citizens currently living with her, she has to register in the registration form?

Typically that will have resulted in a 10 year ban. But, it depends. When did this illegal stay occur? If that was a long time ago, she may not even be barred, or the bar might be lifted by now.

There is a possibility of a waiver - but it is not straightforward. First she would need to be found inadmissable (i.e. refused at interview) and only then could she apply for a waiver that takes time and may not be granted. Mom would know more about this than I.

Typically that will have resulted in a 10 year ban. But, it depends. When did this illegal stay occur? If that was a long time ago, she may not even be barred, or the bar might be lifted by now.

There is a possibility of a waiver - but it is not straightforward. First she would need to be found inadmissable (i.e. refused at interview) and only then could she apply for a waiver that takes time and may not be granted. Mom would know more about this than I.
She left 8 years ago, she was married to an American citizen but she failed the residence because the husband had never declared taxes, she is now divorced