• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

@Nana sarfo if those mistakes are made on the DS-260 you can write to them via email to unlock the form for you to effect those corrections. Do not leave any stone unturned. I have requested for my form to be unlocked, they did and I made my corrections.

@Britsimon, lets assume there is an unintentional omittion of a number from your phone number cause a mess during interview or a spelling mistake in your mother's or father's name cause a mess during interview?

The phone number is completely unimportant. The mother or fathers name is relatively unimportant. None of that wioll cause a disqualification and all can be corrected at interview.

I would want to know the procedure followed if i move to the U.S. as a single person then later if i want to marry someone from my home country will she be able to get a visa to stay with me permanently in the U.S. or i must make sure i get married before i leave so that she qualifies for the dv program?
What is your take on this one @Britsimon

@Nana sarfo if those mistakes are made on the DS-260 you can write to them via email to unlock the form for you to effect those corrections. Do not leave any stone unturned. I have requested for my form to be unlocked, they did and I made my corrections.

I actually wouldn't do that at this time - the reason - the low number. How long did your unlocking take? Unlocking the form (in Nana Sarfos case) might delay the interview - and in fact those errors are so minor it won't matter anyway.

What is your take on this one @Britsimon

It is CRAZY to plan to marry later and not take advantage of the DV win. Obviously you have to show the relationship is genuine but you would have to do that in a Family sponsored case anyway. However the family sponsored case will take a long time, cost a lot more in fees, possibly require a lawyer (because of the forms complexity) and so on. So yeah, if Noza plans to marry the girl anyway he should marry her before the DV interview, without a doubt.

I actually wouldn't do that at this time - the reason - the low number. How long did your unlocking take? Unlocking the form (in Nana Sarfos case) might delay the interview - and in fact those errors are so minor it won't matter anyway.
It took 5days for my form to be unlocked eventhough they warned it could take several weeks. I know someone who had his unlocked after almost two weeks.

thanx guys for your prompt response ..so does that mean if i get married before the interview will i need to take my wife with to the interview or i must notify KCC prior to the interview...how does it work?

It took 5days for my form to be unlocked eventhough they warned it could take several weeks. I know someone who had his unlocked after almost two weeks.

OK -= so if he got lucky it might be done in time, but I don't know what further checks they perform after the form is resubmitted. It isn't a huge deal if he did get delayed to November, but most people want the fastest interview date possible.

thanx guys for your prompt response ..so does that mean if i get married before the interview will i need to take my wife with to the interview or i must notify KCC prior to the interview...how does it work?

What you do is, get married. Then email KCC with copies of your marriage cert and ask them to unlock your form. You would then submit an amended form for you and a new form for your wife. Your case number is medium high so you have time to do all that, but do it sooner rather than later. Then your wife would be interviewed with you and both will get the visa. Obviously they will question you about the relationship. It helps to have photos fro the past, emails from the past, proof of joint bank accounts, or other agreements you have jointly and so on. Also, they love pictures of a wedding with guests. Fraudsters normally don't invite their whole family and friends to their fake weddings.

By the way, the spouse of the winner does not need to meet the education requirement but will need police certs, medical and so on.

@ Britsimon thanx a span i think i must start preparing my lobola then asap...lol...and marry the girl i love before i go.....coz im afraid to get caught up in the ''American dream''..if im to leave alone..lol..

Hahahaha!!! @Britsimon so can i correct all those during interview? Because i learnt the information i ve provided will be the same information the consulates will get their questions from so if these things are minor mistakes, then what at all will be the likely questions they will ask?

Hahahaha!!! @Britsimon so can i correct all those during interview? Because i learnt the information i ve provided will be the same information the consulates will get their questions from so if these things are minor mistakes, then what at all will be the likely questions they will ask?

The questions are very general - where do you plan to live, what work do you plan to do and so on. They will check all your documents are in order and that's it. Some of these interviews last less than 2 minutes. So - don't stress about the interview, just make sure you get all the required documents.

@Britsimon can you explain follow to join to me?
It is fr cases where the selectee is in the USA but a spouse or child cannot enter the USA to be processed together. The selectee gets processed, and then the spouse can be processed separately, allow them to "follow to join".

Just to add that the follow to join visa must also be issued by 30 Sept of the DV fiscal year.