• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

The dollar continues to devastate the cedi and since we would be using the dollar as far as the processes involved in the dv procedures are concerned. Any advice as to what we should be doing by now to avoid any trouble, since the economy is also in a devastated twist now. Things are really tough and getting much tougher everyday

The dollar continues to devastate the cedi and since we would be using the dollar as far as the processes involved in the dv procedures are concerned. Any advice as to what we should be doing by now to avoid any trouble, since the economy is also in a devastated twist now. Things are really tough and getting much tougher everyday

True! cedi depreciation against the USD is alarming. 1: 3.6 is no joke. If you have cash now get some USDs for keep. atleast buy enough to take care of the dv process. fortunately for me i had some USDs before the cedis lost its value in recent times . lucky me!

Regarding the page being quiet, i must add that we are not much here and secondly about 90% of the dv process questions were answered in various threads especially the dv2014 Ghana thread. so no need to flood the page with repeated questions.

Last edited:
I read sometime ago on the US Embassy in Accra's website about exchange rates for the payment of fees. They said at the time (somewhere in May) that the 1usd is equivalent to 2.9ghc and that rate won't be changed till Dec. 2014. I have tried to look for that information today but looks like it has been taken down. I banked a lot of hope on that, I guess its time to pray for the cedi now, lol.

I read sometime ago on the US Embassy in Accra's website about exchange rates for the payment of fees. They said at the time (somewhere in May) that the 1usd is equivalent to 2.9ghc and that rate won't be changed till Dec. 2014. I have tried to look for that information today but looks like it has been taken down. I banked a lot of hope on that, I guess its time to pray for the cedi now, lol.
Hahaha, @guykofi I guess we need not only pray but fast as well oo

lol Nicholas Duncan-Williams on my mind. ehehe

seems everyone is thinking about how hard the country has become.. LOL economy no ayε flat.. bibiaa nk) yie !!

Hi everyone!

Congrats on being selected in the 2015 lottery! I was selected in the 2014 lottery and am leaving for the US in less than two weeks. I am from the OC region. I made a site about my experiences from application until now which has proved helpful to other winners. If you want to check it out - www.americanstateofmine.com
Feel free to reach out on the contact form too!

Good Luck!

Congrats for winning and successfully going through the DV process. Safe Journey to the US. we will surely make time to read your DV experience..

Good Luck too

This is indeed educative. Thanks admi and all members because i have really enjoyed how things are being explained here. Which all my fellow selectees all the best. God will see us through as he sees the isrealites through to the promise land.

Please what are the document i need to process it,kindly list the documents for me let me know.1 police report 2 education certificates,3 medicals .Then i can submit it before my interview date would be given to me? HELP ME OUT.

Oohhh ok. Bosco if i heard u right, u mean u haven't started yours yet so you have no idae about when the dates will be out? If so, then i will ask you to get your birth certificate and passport first because your passport number will be needed in filling ths ds260 forms

This is indeed educative. Thanks admi and all members because i have really enjoyed how things are being explained here. Which all my fellow selectees all the best. God will see us through as he sees the isrealites through to the promise land.
Please what are the document i need to process it,kindly list the documents for me let me know.1 police report 2 education certificates,3 medicals .Then i can submit it before my interview date would be given to me? HELP ME OUT.
When will the first set of visa interview dates be given out?

Welcome! Guys... glad you guys found this thread.

@johon bosco per the instructions, no need to submit documents yet except the DS260 which you are to fill and submit online. Gather all documents but wait for second notification letter before processing police report and medicals.
@Nana sarfo as far as i know interviews starts in October 2014 date is unknown and your CN determines when you are likely to be called for an interview.

i will encourage you guys to read the content of this thread: http://forums.immigration.com/threads/all-ghana-2014-dv-lottery-selectees-meet-here.315928/
you will be enlightened after going through.

Guys edit your Signature so we know which group/month you belong.

cheers!.