• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

My mummy's name on my birth cert is not complete, thus the last letter 'h' is omitted. Any advice? The name is spelt correctly but just the last letter as I indicated above. Eg ablagah bt written agblaga.

Just do the right thing and write the correct name. No one would hold you at ransom for correcting a letter in your mum's name. Your details and qualifications are the most important, that of ur parents are secondary. You cannot be disqualified cos of a letter in your mum's name

I submitted first and then went to a cafe in town log onto the page again and I accessed it thru the email confirmation stuff. I've printed it out now

I am on board too, 2015AF00002***, is there a problem if the name in my passport does not follow the same order on my birth certificate? eg x y z on birth cert and y x z in passport.

I am on board too, 2015AF00002***, is there a problem if the name in my passport does not follow the same order on my birth certificate? eg x y z on birth cert and y x z in passport.

Welcome my brother, we have been expecting you since. lol anyway which one has the correct representation of our name, passport or birth cert and how about your educational certs? have you submitted your ds260?

Welcome my brother, we have been expecting you since. lol anyway which one has the correct representation of our name, passport or birth cert and how about your educational certs? have you submitted your ds260?
Both of them have all my names but just that the name that came first on the birth certificate came second in the passport and vice versa. I have submitted the DS-260.

Both of them have all my names but just that the name that came first on the birth certificate came second in the passport and vice versa. I have submitted the DS-260.

Congratulations @guykofi welcome to the thread. Your CN is low, good. A friend of mine who also won the DV2011 (now in the US) told me the US embassy prefer first name first on all documents.. I don't know how true that is though. And you know our Ghanaian educational system mostly used surnames first. Personally I think this is just a case of names being interchanged rather than misspelt. I have the same situation with my Uni cert (my middle name came first before my first name) but I don't think i'll dwell too much on that cos all the names are spelt correctly. My candid opinion is, if you feel It's an issue you're always free to swear an affidavit to that effect, other than that I don't think is much of an issue..

Last edited:
Congratulations @guykofi welcome to the thread. Your CN is low, good. A friend of mine who also won the DV2011 (now in the US) told me the US embassy prefer first name first on all documents.. I don't know how true that is though. And you know our Ghanaian educational system mostly used surnames first. Personally I think this is just a case of names being interchanged rather than misspelt. I have the same situation with my Uni cert (my middle name came first before my first name) but I don't think i'll dwell too much on that cos all the names are spelt correctly. My candid opinion is, if you feel It's an issue you're always free to swear an affidavit to that effect, other than that I don't think is much of an issue..
Very well Citizen, I mean the situation with interchanging middle and first name. I have a misspelled name on my SSCE but I have sorted that out with declaration from the high court, hope that is a good way to go. Man stuff like that are things no one cares about here in Gh. They are giving me sleepless nights now. Ur CN looks good too, you should go and bring us fila. I am entering with my wife and daughter.

im not from Ghana though i like reading your posts they have been very educative...im from Zimbabwe and i hope you dont mind me posting here....my case number is AF201500052***is that a safe one people?

@guykofi, welcome here! It's good to see more dv winners here and the Good Lord himself is going to lead us to the promise land. Bt guykofi if you are not convinced with citizen K's answer I suggest you send an email to KCC for more clarification and share the outcome with us here.

@noza, welcome. You are at freedom to ask anything you need clarification on or help provide answers to questions here. By the way wassup with the chipolopolo boys ? Good day guys and lets remember to work on our signatures.

im not from Ghana though i like reading your posts they have been very educative...im from Zimbabwe and i hope you dont mind me posting here....my case number is AF201500052***is that a safe one people?

welcome to the thread @noza pls feel free even though u're from Zimbabwe, how's Harare?? your CN is a decent one in the African region, I've seen people with 80*** plus go through and issued a visa. Pls update your signature cos we don't even know your gender.. LOL

@noza, welcome. You are at freedom to ask anything you need clarification on or help provide answers to questions here. By the way wassup with the chipolopolo boys ? Good day guys and lets remember to work on our signatures.

@kwamedv.. @noza is actually from Zimbabwe not Zambia.. Chipolopolo?? LOL Zimbabweans love their cricket haha

@guykofi If an affidavit is safe in this situation then you don't have to worry. i asked about which had the correct representation 'cos if it had to do with just the birth cert, you could go to the registrar and have it corrected to free your mind. so sad majority of Ghanaians including myself don't care much about these things. The DV process is an eye opener...

Can we do the police report whiles waiting for the 2nl especially those with the low CNs? And what is the validity period for the police reports? With all said and done guys, when do we expect the first people to be interviewed, will it start from the 1st of October or something?

@Citizen K Harare is good @kwamedv we do love our cricket big times we are a powerhouse in Africa but even in soccer we do come by I remember giving Ghana a good hiding in the Afcon some years back....lol....

Can we do the police report whiles waiting for the 2nl especially those with the low CNs? And what is the validity period for the police reports? With all said and done guys, when do we expect the first people to be interviewed, will it start from the 1st of October or something?

The cutoff for October visa bulletin in DV2014 was 7,500 so going by that stats, if your case number is not higher than 5,000 then I guess u're good for October. And yea visa interviews starts on the 1st
of October which is the start of the DV2015 fiscal year (1st October 2014 - 30th September 2015)
Finally with regards to police report I'm tempted to believe it differs from country to country but in Ghana police clearance report has a validity of six(6) months so if you are certainly sure your CN will be current in October you can go ahead with the police report. However is not a bad idea to wait for the 2nl letter since one would be notified 4-6 weeks b4 the interview date which is enough time to get your police report.
NB:p pls views expressed here are entirely mine so u decide to rely on it at ur own risk. I'm not an expert. I only advice if I have an idea or have read about it.

Last edited: