• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

For all those who are current,when was the deadline for submission for the ds 260 to be considered for October Interview

Nobody knows exactly, but I would say 4 months in advance to be guaranteed - maybe ok with 3 months at certain times- the timelines, as I have figured them out, are generally like this:
- to be safe allow 2 months for KCC to process applications. At quieter times it may be shorter but this is safer. I would not allow less than one month for processing.
- KCC generally schedules interviews almost two months in advance. The interview schedule seems to be finalised once a month, just before the visa bulletin comes out. So in early August for the October interviews.
So anyone who submitted later than early June may have missed out on a slot for October interviews. But as long as they submitted by early July they should be assured of a November interview.

It is very possible that submitting the derivatives DS late has delayed the process. Only KCC can tell you for sure.

It is very possible that submitting the derivatives DS late has delayed the process. Only KCC can tell you for sure.
Good analysis which puts to rest my anxiety.Looking forward to Nov VB.Is it advisable to call the KCC and Inquire?

Nobody knows exactly, but I would say 4 months in advance to be guaranteed - maybe ok with 3 months at certain times- the timelines, as I have figured them out, are generally like this:
- to be safe allow 2 months for KCC to process applications. At quieter times it may be shorter but this is safer. I would not allow less than one month for processing.
- KCC generally schedules interviews almost two months in advance. The interview schedule seems to be finalised once a month, just before the visa bulletin comes out. So in early August for the October interviews.
So anyone who submitted later than early June may have missed out on a slot for October interviews. But as long as they submitted by early July they should be assured of a November interview.
Splendid analysis @SussieQQQ, what would the scenario be like for someone who submitted his (me) DS-260 on the 11th of June, made corrections and resubmitted on the 25th of June . KCC had indicated that the unlock and correct procedure does not affect the scheduling of interviews. My CN is in the AF2k range and I still haven't received my 2nl.

Thanks susieQQQ for the clarification. I'm relaxed now, knowing kcc need more time to process the forms. Pls abt my second question on my certificate can anyone help?

Secondly on my ds 260 form the year l completed my ssce was june on the result slip but May on the cert. I submitted june to kcc. Also the year l started sss was in sept. but on the ds 260 form l submitted January. Will it be a problem or l need to unlock and correct them. I just found out the changes. Your opinions pls. Tnx

There's no need to unlock the form for this. These are minor errors that can be fixed at the time of your interview.

Thanks but will u be allowed to do corrections at the embassy before u see the CO. U know l don't want to leave any stone unturned.

@Sm1smom, what exactly will be the major mistakes if all these are not all that important to unlock a form?

Not sure what you mean by "all these". The years listed are correct, only the months are off so no biggy IMO.

A major mistake would be anything that makes it hard for a background check to be thoroughly and successfully carried out such as ones DOB, or forgetting to include a name one has used in the past, especially if that name is listed on any of the documents to be presented. A major mistake could be claiming to have a work/educational qualification which one doesn't actually have. A major mistake would be forgetting to provide required information about a derivative.

A major mistake would be listing your derivatives as follow to join when what you intended is for them to attend the interview with you at the same time but travel at a later date from when you the main applicant travel.

There are myriads of major mistakes that would certainly warrant unlocking the DS-form, but certainly not any of those listed by the OP IMO.

Thanks but will u be allowed to do corrections at the embassy before u see the CO. U know l don't want to leave any stone unturned.

It depends on the embassy and their processing methods. Changes/corrections can be made at the time of handing in the documents or directly with the CO. COs are human beings, not some unapproachable ogre.

However if you're still in doubt, then you should go ahead and email KCC to unlock the form for you.

You will do it with the CO, but that won't be a problem. That is why the form is only signed in front of him...so mistakes can be corrected!

Well noted. T
It depends on the embassy and their processing methods. Changes/corrections can be made at the time of handing in the documents or directly with the CO. COs are human beings, not some unapproachable ogre.

However if you're still in doubt, then you should go ahead and email KCC to unlock the form for you.[/QUOTE. Well noted. Thanks

Hi thanks for helping us I also have a concern and not sure if I should ask KCC to unlock my form since I might be current in November. under highest level of education I chose high school diploma but I have a diploma in computer studies which I should used for that question. secondly under educational qualification I typed diploma in computer programming instead of international diploma in computer studies(majoring in programming). is this a minor issue?

@SusieQQQ is it necessary to take along a WAEC scratch card to the embassy for verification of WAEC results or It's only a precautionary measure?? I just want to be sure

SusieQQQ said:
You will do it with the CO, but that won't be a problem. That is why the form is only signed in front of him...so mistakes can be corrected!
I appreciate your response. So u have to do the corrections before u sign right.

@SusieQQQ is it necessary to take along a WAEC scratch card to the embassy for verification of WAEC results or It's only a precautionary measure?? I just want to be sure
@Citizen K, please go n let weac do de confirmation. They will send de confirmation to the embassy on ur behalf. So visit any weac center if u want a genuine verification to be done without any doubt

I called
Good analysis which puts to rest my anxiety.Looking forward to Nov VB.Is it advisable to call the KCC and Inquire?
I have just called the KCC(today) and was informed my case is in process and that I call them back on 15th Sept 2014.That means my case is now slated for Nov.