• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

i am not privy to any information about my DV lottery. A family member entered for me and he has travelled but i'm sure he will come before my case bacomes current.
He called my mother in june this year and told her, he was working on it.

I hope all the info is entered correctly. I hate to sound pessimistic but this sounds like the start of one of the bad luck stories we see on here every so often. I hope the family member is not charging you. Is there any reason you haven't just asked him to give you the details you need to access the form so you can finish it yourself? You clearly have Internet access which is all you need for submitting the form... And as pointed out above there is a time delay involved.

i am not privy to any information about my DV lottery. A family member entered for me and he has travelled but i'm sure he will come before my case bacomes current.

Quite interesting! You don't even know your CN? You know nothing about your case, meanwhile this person has all of your details/personal information, has travelled and you don't know if they've even submitted your DS form? Wow! And I thought I couldn't be shocked anymore in this forum!

Quite interesting! You don't even know your CN? You know nothing about your case, meanwhile this person has all of your details/personal information, has travelled and you don't know if they've even submitted your DS form? Wow! And I thought I couldn't be shocked anymore in this forum!
my issue is why the family member, is taking time to release the details. :(

I hope all the info is entered correctly. I hate to sound pessimistic but this sounds like the start of one of the bad luck stories we see on here every so often. I hope the family member is not charging you. Is there any reason you haven't just asked him to give you the details you need to access the form so you can finish it yourself? You clearly have Internet access which is all you need for submitting the form... And as pointed out above there is a time delay involved.
first of all i must say you are doing a very wonderful job in this forum. Secondly,my family member is not charging me. Also all details i'm sure were entered correctly cos he called me times without number to verify everything. Lastly i didn't know a thing about DV lottery untill just last year. I will make sure i get my CN from him as soon as possible. Thank you all.

Really interesting! In fact I never thought for a second that there's a single selectee outhere who, hitherto has not filled out and submitted his or her ds260, considering the fact that there are more selectees than available visas.i think it boils down to ignorance(just wondering). He stated in one of his posts to scratches that he had been following this fora from day one...i am wondering about the motive of his family member in whose possession is the CN.

So u haven't heard from him and u dont know of the status of your application since June?
I hope you have heard of instances where people lost out on their visas, perhaps not bcos they weren't qualified but bcos of late submission? Be informed that 125,000 people where notified of selection but only 50,000 visas are available

Last edited:
greetings to all,just want find out if i submitted my DS260 early.i submitted my DS260 form in October and my case number is 52xxx

greetings to all,just want find out if i submitted my DS260 early.i submitted my DS260 form in October and my case number is 52xxx
yes, you did man. you should have your interview(CURRENT) in June or July 2015.

hello house, is there any cause for worry when the principal applicant's High School Certificate is written as BILL SMITH D instead of BILL SMITH DUAH although passport, birth cert, marriage cert, bachelor and master degree, all has BILL SMITH DUAH?

hello house, is there any cause for worry when the principal applicant's High School Certificate is written as BILL SMITH D instead of BILL SMITH DUAH although passport, birth cert, marriage cert, bachelor and master degree, all has BILL SMITH DUAH?
If the abbreviation is well understood by local officer, it won't cause any problem.
The following experience may help.
Thanks for the congratulatory messages.
Not even 10 secs later, he said 'actually, hold on. Give me back your birth certificate.' He then looked at it and said 'ah yes, your name doesn't match the birth certificate.' It does - but it's difficult to understand for foreigners. For instance, H/Mariam is the same as Hailemariam. An Ethiopian knows this instinctively, but obviously a foreigner has no clue what the H would stand for. He told me to wait and went to the back, I assume to find an Ethiopian officer who could explain it matched my name on my passport. Then he came back and said 'It's fine', .......

Last edited: